• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Could this be true?

Brotha2ThaNite

• Premium Member

He's field goal percentage is terrible, and it's not like he takes good shots.

He is shooting 40% from the field after today, which is not terrible for a rookie PG. He is shooting 48% his last 6 games. He is also averaging 8.5 assists per 36 minutes over that stretch (7.4 on the year), and is leading the league in steals per 48 minutes on the year. His PER before today's game was 15.1 which is better than Bibby's.

Those are encouraging numbers, and the most encouraging part is that his production goes up the more minutes he plays.

Edited by Atlantaholic

Guy is already more impressive than Law was in his 2 years here. Law was an injury waiting to happen and had terrible presence and confidence on the court. A severe disappointment. Teague actually looks like he has great upside and his confidence level doesn't wane when Woody cusses him out for making a mistake. If you watch Law he would basically tune out when Woody got on him and looked like he wanted to take his ball and go home.

Matter of fact that's why i think Woodson is starting to give him more minutes besides the blowouts, this guys confidence or swag for the youngsta's is off the chain.

Edited by HawkFoLife

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Agent 0 --------- Finally! A real, honest to goodness PG. We've had 'em before. Just not this young.

Bibby is a real PG. He helped turn things around for the Hawks and continues to be a leader for

this much improved team. Acie Law didn't have a chance. He was injured early and often while

he was here. He and Woody didn't fit together. Woody didn't really trust him. This did nothing to

boost his confidence, which really sunk while he was here. Apparently, he's never recovered.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

GO HAWKS!!!

• Moderators

If you watch the games you know that Teague is a player. He has an impact on the game. He doesn't have that many scoring chances and is often in the game with Jamal and/or Joe so that can also limit his assists. So what i'm saying is don't look at the box score to see how he's doing. He is playing well. Looking comfortable.

• Moderators

The kid sure has looked impressive with anything more than token minutes. I hope the 5-8 minute nights are long behind Woody for Teague unless Teague plays like hot garbage that night.

+1

We are going to need Teague later this season and in the years to come. Being able to develop him while leaning on Bibby is the ideal situation.

+1

We are going to need Teague later this season and in the years to come. Being able to develop him while leaning on Bibby is the ideal situation.

Teague looks like the real deal. I like him better already than I did Jameer his 1st two seasons. His quickness and athletic ability sets him apart; and should cause matchup problems even for all-star caliber guards for seasons to come.

Someone on here nicknamed him Blur...and I see why. He is lightning fast with the ball and is in or around the lane before you know it. If he ever develops a consistent floater...watch out!

Until then, I hope Woodson continues to feed him 15-20 mins each night as long as he continues to produce. The stats are clear: The more he plays, the better he plays.

That my friends, is a winning formula

People kill me trashing Acie Law. He's not as good as Teague, but just about everyone on this board wanted Acie to start, based off of his play in garbage time. Matter of fact, Woody did start Acie about 5 games into his rookie season. But he got hurt in that Charlotte game in which he had 7 assists in the first half, and his NBA career has been hell ever since.

It all worked out though. Because if he play well enough to be the permanent starting PG, we wouldn't have traded for Bibby.

Teague just needs to keep doing what he's doing . . . impact a game as soon as he enters. If he can keep doing that, and keep that 2nd unit from losing leads or making decifits larger, then he'll get consistent playing time for the rest of the year.

We'll see if he can do this against higher caliber teams in the few games coming up. He'll be up against Jamal Tinsley ( Memphis ), Eric Maynor ( Utah ), and has Ty Lawson coming up next week @ Denver.