• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It's extremely rewarding to be an Atlanta Hawks fan right now

gsuteke

I enjoyed watching the looks on Bibby and Joe's faces as I turned on the television with 5 minutes left in the game.

I knew right then they'd taken business before seeing the score.

I remember not so long ago when our team lost more than they won - I really appreciate watching a good team represent Atlanta out there.

I enjoyed watching the looks on Bibby and Joe's faces as I turned on the television with 5 minutes left in the game.

I knew right then they'd taken business before seeing the score.

I remember not so long ago when our team lost more than they won - I really appreciate watching a good team represent Atlanta out there.

The only downside though teke...you really have to watch the whole possession now with us passing the ball around so much. With TLue pounding the dribble for 15 seconds a person had time to grab a beer..biggrin.gif

I remember when the starters would build up a big lead and give way to the backups. Woodson would have to bring JJ and others back in mins later. The scrubs off the bench would blow the lead. Don't see Woodson doing that this year.

Yeah UDR...me too. But I guess it makes a pretty big difference when we now have our (previously) starting center as our backup, a veteran backup PF like Joe Smith, a sixth man like Crawford who is an offensive power, a guy like Mo Evans who has suddenly become a shooter extrordinaire and hustles, and an up and coming PG who is really looking good.

To be honest, in a one quarter game our second five would probably beat our starting five 2 out of 6 times on the average. That's depth. I love it!

Yeah . . . a smiling JJ is what sticks out the most to me. This is the same guy that used to have the same expression on his face, whether we won or lost. Even on the bench during a blowout, he'd still be stone-faced and business-like. So it's nice to see him get real excited about a Teague dunk or Morris scrapping to get a shot up.

This team is a perfect mix of older vets and young, energetic guys. They're definitely fun to watch these days. Everytime I watch my UT Vols, I see a lot of the Hawks in them. Great time to be a b-ball fan for me.

This team is a perfect mix of older vets and young, energetic guys. They're definitely fun to watch these days.

Agreed!...and the best thing is that the "older vets" aren't even old at all...they are all still young smile.gif The only older vets are maybe Craw and Bibby to a degree, but they have some very good years left....and of course Joe Smith who is a hard worker - but replaceable when the time comes (no offense Joe).

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

I'm loving it. The only grumble I have is that Joe and Al getting the fourth quarter off every night it seems is killing their fantasy stats for me. JJ could have easily went for 30-40 points and a double double at least if he had played more.

Yeah . . . a smiling JJ is what sticks out the most to me. This is the same guy that used to have the same expression on his face, whether we won or lost. Even on the bench during a blowout, he'd still be stone-faced and business-like. So it's nice to see him get real excited about a Teague dunk or Morris scrapping to get a shot up.

This team is a perfect mix of older vets and young, energetic guys. They're definitely fun to watch these days. Everytime I watch my UT Vols, I see a lot of the Hawks in them. Great time to be a b-ball fan for me.

I'm with you. When I was going to UT during the Allan Houston days, they were so bad a few of us from this board could've tried out and started. I never thought I'd see the day when UT would be regarded as a 'basketball' school with Pearl and Summitt running the show.

As for the Hawks, it is quite refreshing to see them go full circle from playoff team who had no shot to win it all to lottery team who had no shot to win at all to a legitimate team once again. It makes the days of watching Dion Glover brick another open shot worthwhile...

Man, real Hawks fans deserve to see what we're seeing. It's crazy to hear other fanbases say, "They are a top four team in the East" "They are one of the best team in the East" or simply "they are a good team." Although I enjoyed the Mookie/Smitty Hawks, I haven't been this excited about a Hawks team since Nique's days. Right now they are playing an exciting brand of basketball. We actually have an identity now. We run the floor. We're long and athletic. After Stotts, Kruger, Rider, Babcock, the infamous lawsuit, conceding BK, trading JT, Rasheed for a day, playoff guarantees, 13 win seasons, bad draft picks, Speedy, and tons of losing, THIS FEELS GOOD.

• Premium Member

Man, real Hawks fans deserve to see what we're seeing. It's crazy to hear other fanbases say, "They are a top four team in the East" "They are one of the best team in the East" or simply "they are a good team." Although I enjoyed the Mookie/Smitty Hawks, I haven't been this excited about a Hawks team since Nique's days. Right now they are playing an exciting brand of basketball. We actually have an identity now. We run the floor. We're long and athletic. After Stotts, Kruger, Rider, Babcock, the infamous lawsuit, conceding BK, trading JT, Rasheed for a day, playoff guarantees, 13 win seasons, bad draft picks, Speedy, and tons of losing, THIS FEELS GOOD.

I'm savoring it. God only knows how long it will last

Now only if we can get the rest of the city to believe it. Im sick of the John Hollingers of the world bitching about the attendance of a Tuesday night game. We represent when the heavy hitters are in town but we are good enough now where we should be able to at least put 16,000 in the seats regardless of the opponent.