• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It's extremely rewarding to be an Atlanta Hawks fan right now

gsuteke

As for the Hawks, it is quite refreshing to see them go full circle from playoff team who had no shot to win it all to lottery team who had no shot to win at all to a legitimate team once again. It makes the days of watching Dion Glover brick another open shot worthwhile...

Yep....We have to change our fan-style. Everybody needs to go over to the Boston/LAL boards and learn how to be smug and arrogant. Our guys deserve that. Most of our core guys are young so we should have a 3/4/5 year run minimum....let's support the team and troll other team's websites and make fun of them. snowballfight.gif

Yep, I'm savoring every moment of this like a $70 steak. How many years have we waited on a team that has all the makings of doing some special things? When was the last time we felt as good about this team as we do right now? 1980? 1987? The days of Dion Glover, J.R. Rider, Shareef (boy, did I fall hook, line, and sinker for that deal), Stotts and Sura screwing us out of a shot to draft Dwight Howard, Ed Gray, Babs fumbling 3 out of 4 first rounders in the SAME YEAR, Nique for Manning, Boris Diaw sandbag with the Hawks, only to come out guns blazing for a new deal in Phoenix, Mookie and Smitty building a lead only to watch the bench get outscored 37-16 in the 4th and be forced to come back in to bail the team out appear to be finally fading to black. It seems that our reward for sticking with them and staying loyal when it would've been sooooooooooooo easy to run to Foot Locker and grab a Laker jersey like everyone else is finally paying off.

And I totally agree with a previous poster when he talked about other columnists, opposing teams, and national pundits now giving the Hawks their due. How refreshing is it to not hear Bill Walton gloat about the great Boris Diaw, Bill Simmons now bring up that it was the Suns who got bent over in the JJ deal (after saying the exact opposite the first 3+ years), or someone talk about (insert former Hawk here) escaping Atlanta and now playing for 'a real team'?

I'm pretty sure the late Jason Collier and Jeffrey Denberg (former Hawks analyst for the AJC) must be in Heaven smiling.

All I have left to say is to not forget how lean things were when the day comes when Stern hands that NBA trophy off to Rick Sund and Co.

Why not dream? Denver thinks it's 'their time'. So does Orlando. Phoenix does, too. Portland did before their roster pulled an Atlanta Falcon-esque deal with injuries. Cleveland does too (at least they better if they want to keep you-know-who)

So is it really our time? Why the hell not?????

GAME, SET, MATCH.

Edited by Dejay