• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wow Utah gave OKC Eric Maynor

capstone21

• Admin

I wonder why they would do this. He was very solid behind Deron and played really well when Williams was out. Now OKie City has a good backup pg to play behind Westbrook. Utah basically traded Maynor for the draft rights to some foreign guy I have never heard of.

The Thunder released Mike Wilkes and Shaun Livingston to make room for Eric (and rights to Matt Harpring who will be released). I guess this basically spells the end of Shaun Livingston's career too. That injury to his knee just ruined his career. Too bad as he had a lot of potential.

Sham has a pretty descriptive take on the trade and I rather just direct traffic there than try to paraphrase.

.....But sometimes, it's the right thing to do. And this seems to be one such moment. With a payroll of $82,180,677 against a luxury tax figure of $69,920,000, the Jazz were on the hook for about $94.5 million in salary this season, their highest amount ever by over $20 million. Naturally, they're kind of not cool with that idea, especially since they're not off to the greatest start this season. So by dumping these two guaranteed salaries for no returning salary, the Jazz save oodles of cash.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/

Sham has a pretty descriptive take on the trade and I rather just direct traffic there than try to paraphrase.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/

Plus, Maynor was in a similar situation that Jeff Teague is in, outside of the money reasons why Utah dealt him. He was playing behind a more than capable PG in Deron, who is going to play 37 - 40 minutes a night, no matter what. And with Ronnie Price back in the mix, Sloan probably trust him to play the spot minutes needed at the point behind Williams, rather than trying to develop Maynor.