• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks vs Denver

exodus

• Premium Member

Denver was playing on the road, on the second night of a back to back to back, when we played them last time. Funny how you didn't seem to care.

So do you still think that Denver didn't miss JR when we played them last time? LOL

The Hawks have been getting outrebounded lately and that is a major concern. To me the big difference between this years team and last years team is the rebounding but that has been suffering lately and it is going to hurt them if they don't start putting the effort in again.

Let's not forget the Hawks have been one of the most injury free teams in the NBA. Of course you have never understood that the Hawks aren't playing against jerseys, they are playing against players. It actually does matter who is wearing the jerseys.

They didn't even have Billups and still blew us out.

You talk as if they were supposed to beat us on our home court if they were healthy?

I think we would have beaten them on our home court if they were healthy.

However, these guys are 13-1 at home.

They have the best home record in the league.

We come in on the second night of a back to back... they come in fresh...

And they have one guy have the game of his life.

And you try to build a support case on that? We are better than them. That's the bottom line of this whole scenerio.. we are the better team. I know you don't believe it.. however, it's the truth.

You talk as if they were supposed to beat us on our home court if they were healthy?

I think we would have beaten them on our home court if they were healthy.

However, these guys are 13-1 at home.

They have the best home record in the league.

We come in on the second night of a back to back... they come in fresh...

And they have one guy have the game of his life.

And you try to build a support case on that? We are better than them. That's the bottom line of this whole scenerio.. we are the better team. I know you don't believe it.. however, it's the truth.

So the back to back excuse works for the Hawks, but not for Denver. Right?

Not only was Denver playing on the second night of a back to back but they had two scrubs in their starting lineup. Hence, beating them was no big deal. The Hawks should handle them easily every time when they are starting Rolando Balkman and Joey Graham.

If we are the better team they why did you make such a big deal about it when we beat them last time? If the Hawks are the better team then the SHOULD beat Denver, especially when they are playing the 2nd game of a back to back without JR and KMart.

I didn't read the whole thread, but Denver hasn't lost at home since World War II (3/19/09). Don't count the lose to Minnesotta when they just didn't show up against a team with a 15 game losing streak.

Hawks are a mediocre team when Josh doesn't play like an all star. We had no chance against Denver last night with or without Billup.

Boo hoo. We lost. So what? Get over it you knee-jerk crybabies. Even the Lakers lost in Denver, and the Nugs owed us for the way we prison-raped them in Atlanta.

Also, quit making excuses for every win we have. It's sickening.

Boo hoo. We lost. So what? Get over it you knee-jerk crybabies. Even the Lakers lost in Denver, and the Nugs owed us for the way we prison-raped them in Atlanta.

Also, quit making excuses for every win we have. It's sickening.

LOL talk about the pot calling the kettle black. If ever there was a perfect example of it, this is it.

You tell me not to cry and make excuses yet you cry and make excuses,throwing in a strawman to boot. Nice job. They didn't "owe us" anything. They lost. They also lost their previous two games ( to Memphis and the Hornets) and were missing their starting pg.

Please point out all the times i have made excuses for the Hawks wins

I hope Santa brings you a clue for Christmas. You definitely need one.

Edited by gsuteke

• Premium Member

So the back to back excuse works for the Hawks, but not for Denver. Right?

Not only was Denver playing on the second night of a back to back but they had two scrubs in their starting lineup. Hence, beating them was no big deal. The Hawks should handle them easily every time when they are starting Rolando Balkman and Joey Graham.

If we are the better team they why did you make such a big deal about it when we beat them last time? If the Hawks are the better team then the SHOULD beat Denver, especially when they are playing the 2nd game of a back to back without JR and KMart.

Again. It's as simple as this. I believe we are a better team. You don't. I believe it takes a 41 point game from JR Smith to beat us. Flukes happen. The reason I didn't make a big deal out of our last win against them is because I expect us to beat them. Moreover, I don't make it a habit to make excuses for the other team.

IF it is your contention that Denver is a better team, then my hope is that we get them in the finals.

Again. It's as simple as this. I believe we are a better team. You don't. I believe it takes a 41 point game from JR Smith to beat us. Flukes happen. The reason I didn't make a big deal out of our last win against them is because I expect us to beat them. Moreover, I don't make it a habit to make excuses for the other team.

IF it is your contention that Denver is a better team, then my hope is that we get them in the finals.

:laughing5:

They didn't need 41 pts from JR to win. they won by 20. A lot of his points were in garbage time.

You certainly have no problem making excuses for the Hawks. If i say the opponents are missing two starters somehow i am making excuses. But when you way the Hawks were playing the 2nd of a back to back you aren't making excuses. Sure

The Hawks haven't won a second round playoff game in i don't know how long. It has been over a decade since the Hawks have won over 50 games during the regular season. Denver won over 50 last year and won the second round. They also gave the Lakers trouble in the coference finals. The facts are pretty simple. Until the Hawks actually win a second round playoff game they aren't on the same level as Denver.

Until the Hawks actually win a second round playoff game they aren't on the same level as Denver.

If there was a 7 game series between the Nugs and the Hawks, I think, it would go 7 games, and the team with home court advantage would win this year.

Forget about the past. Spurs aren't in the same level as Lakers this year. Spurs are fighting with Thunders these days. Hawks and Nugs are close this year, whoever is better is debatable.

If there was a 7 game series between the Nugs and the Hawks, I think, it would go 7 games, and the team with home court advantage would win this year.

Forget about the past. Spurs aren't in the same level as Lakers this year. Spurs are fighting with Thunders these days. Hawks and Nugs are close this year, whoever is better is debatable.

You shouldn't diss the Thunder like that. They were very close to beating the Lakers in LA on tuesday. I was watching the game and if it wasn't for their inexperience they definitely could have won. They only lost by 3. Then they came back last night and won in Phoenix.

They are no pushover.

Edited by exodus

Ty Lawson looked good out there, but any fast guard should look good against Bibby. These are Lawson's past 5 games.

12/14: 15 minutes 3 points, 3 assists

12/16: 22 minutes 6 points, 6 assists

12/18: 26 minutes 14 points, 2 assists

12/20: 18 minutes 0 points, 2 assists

12/23: 26 minutes 16 points, 6 rebs, 5 assists

Only thing consistent here are the minutes...

If we got JR Smith on a bad night or maybe even an average night we could have won. That's just the way basketball goes.

exactly, you said it best. JR Smith was making all his shots..if he misses half of those its a different ball game...thats the NBA for ya. Everyone should stop crying..its a lost that we should bounce back from. I think if our bigs played tougher we win even if JR had a great nite. I really would like to see him play Collins lol just because he's a big body and can box out anyone..Nene was muscling our guys with ease

You shouldn't diss the Thunder like that. They were very close to beating the Lakers in LA on tuesday. I was watching the game and if it wasn't for their inexperience they definitely could have won. They only lost by 3. Then they came back last night and won in Phoenix.

They are no pushover.

Spurs are 15-11. Thunders are 14-14. Going in opposite directions.

Hawks & Nuggets are pretty close and going up.

• Premium Member

I'm not too worried about the loss. If they get 41 points from JR Smith on 10-17 three point shooting the Nuggets are gonna make any team look bad... Not to mention we were playing a second of a back to back in Denver's thin air (which is a genuinely an extremely difficult thing to deal with). I was expecting a loss and possibly a blow out, and to be honest we hung tough for most of the game, but JR's ridiculous shooting just broke our backs in the fourth. This portion of the schedule is tough as hell.

Edited by Atlantaholic