• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I would rather have ______ over Horford at C for next 5 years

jerrywest

Howard, Bynum, and that' about it.

I chuckled over the last couple of years when people said Horford was playing out of position and that we should get a real Center. Not just because Horford at Center and Josh Smith at Power forward is the best combination of those two on the floor (Does anyone really think JOsh Smith should be playing small forward), but also because it implies there was someone else we could just easily pick up that would be a better Center than Horford.

Who out there that isn't completely untouchable could we get to replace someone as young and talented as Horford at that position?

And the answer is still the same today as it was then before Horford even improved to where he is now- NO ONE.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Al Horford has game. Has nobody noticed? In his first couple seasons, I thought he had the tools to be ok down on the block. But he's showing some real promise around the basket and with that little 15 footer. He's got a hook, a jumpshot, quickness in the paint, and a workhorse attitude down there. Sometimes, he'll have the defense sending doubles at him. We gotta feed him and see how far he can take it. We need to.

...one other thing, my God can that dude run the floor. He gets out on the break with or without the ball and that boy MOVES!

ANdrew Bynum is a joke!!!

Agreed !

Until he is healthy enough to play meaningful minutes in a playoff series he is a non-factor when it matters the most.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he has been too injured to play in any playoff game in his entire career.

Agreed !

Until he is healthy enough to play meaningful minutes in a playoff series he is a non-factor when it matters the most.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he has been too injured to play in any playoff game in his entire career.

29 total career playoff games with 23 of them coming off last season's run. Nothing too impressive though stat wise.

Howard would be the only likely choice(which is really saying something). Bynum will and can be great if he stays away from Injuries. But when it comes to ability, agility, chemistry and endurance Dwight would be the only choice other than just keeping Horford. Dwight and Josh are best friends(NBA wise) and would love to play and win with each other in their home town on a high level. Since Howard gets so much off the offensive rebound he would not have to demand the ball but still get a lot of opportunities. Horford can run the fast break better with/without the ball but Howard is strong enough to control the paint better with or without the ball. When it's all said and done we'll have one f the best Centers in the league in Horford and with Smoove is already one of the best front courts in the league. Our wing men/back court and bench aren't too shabby either.

Edited by sillent

Yeah I change my mind after thinking about it, Howard is the only guy I'd take over Horford right now. Injuries definitely have to be taken into account. I mean otherwise Yao or Oden would be at the top of the list.

And Bynum clearly has been more prone.

Howard and Josh Smith would be an incredible front court. That would be dynasty scary with those two guys patrolling the paint defensively and the exciting throw downs offensively.

What i really want is someone to replace Zaza who has legit center size and can play D. Gortat would have been perfect for the hawks. He could match up well against bigger centers and allow Horford to spend more time at the 4. Horford plays a lot of minutes for someone who is so frequently matched up with bigger players.

Gortat is hardly playing with the Magic because they are so stacked.

This month has been the best of Horford's career by a pretty wide margin. He is averaging 15.6/10 shooting 62%. These next two games are really going to put him to the test. He will be at a huge size disadvantage almost all the time.