• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks rebounding rate dropping fast

exodus

It seems like just a couple of weeks ago i checked the Hawks rebounding rate and it was 6th in the NBA. Now it is down to 12th. This is a bad sign for me since much of the Hawks offense (fast breaks, second chance points) starts with rebounding.

The defensive rebounding has really fallen off, all the way down to 17th.

Edited by exodus

It seems like just a couple of weeks ago i checked the Hawks rebounding rate and it was 6th in the NBA. Now it is down to 12th. This is a bad sign for me since much of the Hawks offense (fast breaks, second chance points) starts with rebounding.

The team can't sustain the high level of play that they were playing at for an entire season. So that's not a surprise.

LOL, u guys will complain about ANYTHING even when we are winning. If we were losing I would care, but we're not.. So sad..

That is exactly what people said last year, right before the Hawks went into a slump. People like you are a good contrarian indicator.

Man, you have to think logically! How many blowouts have we had lately? Thus, how many times have our best rebounder's been on the bench while we have garbage time for almost a quarter? It is just a function of the blowouts and jj, horford and smoove getting less playing time.

Man, you have to think logically! How many blowouts have we had lately? Thus, how many times have our best rebounder's been on the bench while we have garbage time for almost a quarter? It is just a function of the blowouts and jj, horford and smoove getting less playing time.

I will add to that that Zaza has slipped some but one of our surprisingly better rebounders, Joe Smith, has been injured for awhile leaving a rather weak rebounding bench considering that, per minute wise, Mo, Teague and Jamal are our worst rebounders and they all have logged rather decent minutes.

Horford and Smith played a combined 76 minutes vs Indy and Indy outrebounded us by 12.

They played 77 minutes against Denver and they outrebounded us by 5.

They played a combined 61 minutes against Minny (Smith foul trouble) and got outrebounded by 9.

Horford played 47 minutes against the Bulls, same story. Horford is by far the Hawks best rebound and he has played at least 39 minutes in each of the last 4 games.

Your definition of logic must be different from mine.

Edited by exodus

Horford and Smith played a combined 76 minutes vs Indy and Indy outrebounded us by 12.

They played 77 minutes against Denver and they outrebounded us by 5.

They played a combined 61 minutes against Minny (Smith foul trouble) and got outrebounded by 9.

Horford played 47 minutes against the Bulls, same story. Horford is by far the Hawks best rebound and he has played at least 39 minutes in each of the last 4 games.

Your definition of logic must be different from mine.

Honestly, I think it all starts with Josh Smith. Josh has seemed to have lost his interest in rebounding or something, because his rebounding numbers have been pretty sad lately. It seems as if Horford's rebounds are going up, but Smith's rebounding numbers are going way down. He started out getting 14 and 15 rebounds a game. Now, we'll be lucky if he gets 8. Josh needs to refocus on getting 10+ rebounds per game and I'm sure our team rebounding numbers will go back up.

Honestly, I think it all starts with Josh Smith. Josh has seemed to have lost his interest in rebounding or something, because his rebounding numbers have been pretty sad lately. It seems as if Horford's rebounds are going up, but Smith's rebounding numbers are going way down. He started out getting 14 and 15 rebounds a game. Now, we'll be lucky if he gets 8. Josh needs to refocus on getting 10+ rebounds per game and I'm sure our team rebounding numbers will go back up.

Exactly. Josh rebounding will be key in the Hawks matchups with the big boys. It's also the key in him making the all star and all defensive team.

Smith is averaging only 6.3 rebounds in December. That is just unacceptable.

It should also be noted that the worst rebounder on the team is Crawford. He gets fewer than Bibby.

Smith is averaging only 6.3 rebounds in December.

The whole key to our great start this season has been Smoove becoming more of a rebounding power forward. We are about to enter the toughest part of our season and there is no way in hell we will come out of it looking good if Smoove is only averaging 6 boards a game in January....

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Right now Atlanta is 10th in rebounding...

Last few games we have played:

24 Wed 16 vs grizzlies =#3

25 Fri 18 vs jazz =#26

26 Sat 19 @ bulls = #2

27 Tue 22 @ timberwolves = #5

28 Wed 23 @ nuggets = #22

29 Sat 26 @ pacers = #7

So over the last 6 games, we have played 4 teams who rank higher than us in rebounding. Not to mention what happens in those 2nd of back to back games...

Edited by Diesel

during the last 20 games we are 10-10.

Besides the obvious Wizards game, I thought this was the most winnable of our road games this month. Wonder what the odds are of us putting up a big ol goose egg on the road this month? Miami gained a game....Chicago lost and did not gain on us...but the team they lost to, the Thunder, are playing really well of late and we have them at home later this month.

10 and 10 over our last 20. Where is northcyde now with his rah rah cheerleader stats that says our record is so much better this year than last; and it is all due to Woodys coaching ability and developing our players?

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Besides the obvious Wizards game, I thought this was the most winnable of our road games this month. Wonder what the odds are of us putting up a big ol goose egg on the road this month? Miami gained a game....Chicago lost and did not gain on us...but the team they lost to, the Thunder, are playing really well of late and we have them at home later this month.

10 and 10 over our last 20. Where is northcyde now with his rah rah cheerleader stats that says our record is so much better this year than last; and it is all due to Woodys coaching ability and developing our players?

If we finish with the same (or worse) record this year than last, the season has to be considered a total failure right? I mean, the East is the weakest it has been since I can recall, with every team 5th seed or worse looking totally awful, and we are clearly a more talented team than last year. I mean, I assume every Hawks fan agrees that if we don't improve our record this year we need to find a new coach, right?

Smoove's rebounding has dropped off big time !

In the last 18 games Josh Smith has averaged only 6.6 rebounds per game. He also appears to be taking, and missing, more perimeter jump shots. In his last 18 games Smoove has gotten double digits rebound only once.......just barely getting 10 boards 2 games ago.

His game has quickly regressed to where it was last season.

Is now the time to pull the trigger or do we continiue to wait for that brain swap surgery ?

I hope he comes out with one of the those monster games, vs. the lowly Nets tonight. I'm just bringing up the facts here over his last 18 games. Don't hate on the messenger. I'm just typing what some are too blind to see on their own.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Now it is down to 18th.