• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

T-Mac

WraithSentinel

• Moderators

I'm honestly in disbelief on what I'm reading here.

Eddie I respect your opinion on basketball but T-Mac makes like 15 to 20 million. Why in the hell would our ownership want to bring that guy on board considering his injury history as of late? That's wasted money.

Who here would trade Crawford for T-Mac straight up today? I sure as hell wouldn't. We know what we've got in Crawford. T-Mac may blow up his knee tomorrow.

And the money......... sheez I know I mentioned it but it's absurd. The only way you make that deal is to get off Marvin's salary. The only way. I know Marvin is hated around here but damn, would we even have the cap room to sign someone decent without his contract?

NOPE is my guess because Horford will have a big cap hold.

I'm honestly in disbelief on what I'm reading here.

I'll just second this and say "NOOOOOOOO!!!!"

I wouldn't wish the curse of T-Mac even on the Orlando Tragic (wait...) anyway i dont think the Hawks need another Small Forward this season. in order for the Hawks to make a deep playoff run against the Elite in the East they are gonna need a Big Man. dont get me wrong i love Al's game but i just dont think he can bang with Dwight, KG/Perk or Shaq. At this point i don't know what bigs r on the market but i don't think the Hawks need T-Mac.

P.S 1st post Not trying to troll

I would only want (a healthy) T-Mac in a swap for Joe Johnson. That is in hope that our young players and rising stars (Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Al Horford and Jeff Teague) step up their game. While still having older vets like Bibby and Crawford and good role pieces like Joe Smith, Zaza Pachulia and Maurice Evans is also a luxury. A hungry T-Mac can mean having a proven Elite player to win a championship. An already motivated Crawford with an even more motivated Smoove(playing with his favorite player and proving he is an all star) and tough play from Horford will make us an even tougher team to deal with during the rest of the season and the playoffs.

This would basically be giving up strength for length and more star power. Iso McGrady is a little more deadly because he is a better passer and getting a good look because of his range and length. His length also helps as a defender because he is able to guard the passing lanes or taller perimeter players a little better. If McGrady goes down we still have young stars and good vets that can step up their game. We see games even now where Joe is not that big an impact in the win. Many of our players are ready to step up and with the opportunity can be even bigger contributors for our team.

Joe is more durable and can explode/fill in the pieces when needed and if he plays his role to perfection their will be no need to mess with our chemistry.

But in a fantasy world(No injuries and everyone playing up to their potential this would be the move to make.

P.S. Do not sleep on Marvin or Hoford, Smoove and Teague get even better in this season alone especially with more playing time/an injury occuring.

Edited by sillent