• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

RIP - ATLANTA HAWKS

Gray Mule

jsmoovefan: Can I still call myself a fan of the Hawks after declaring that the hopes of them winning the championship

is now dead and buried. Depends on your definnition of "fan." If you mean, having blind faith and believing that with this

team, everything will be all right, nope. I can't swallow that. Not any more.

If being a fan means I can still follow the team, root for them to win and hope for the best, then, yes, I can be a fan.

I was just as excited as any fan when the Hawks made the playoffs last season. I was hoping and expecting a lot

more this season. Alas, it is not to be. Hawks are not THAT much better this season than they were last season.

Sure, I fully expect them to make the playoffs this season. The Hawks bench has let me down. Marvin has not grown.

J Smoove has matured, then he reverts back. Both JJ & Crawford run hot and cold. Jeff Teague can't get on the floor.

Remember, all this melt down has happened with a completely healthy team. Not a serious injury from the starters

to the far end of the bench. Right now, they can't win with what they have. What will happen if we have an injury to

a couple of our players?

Nope, jsmoovefan. The hopes and dreams of a real run for the NBA championship died at the hands of King James

and his Cleveland mates. Then our hopes were buried by little Nate. He kicked dirt in our face as we can no longer

see that dream. It is gone.

:white flag:

All I'll say is this is how 50+ win teams play. This is the Hawks real taste of adversity all year, losing 3 straight. Let's see how they come out of this.

With the Boston - Orlando - Boston stretch of games coming up, they don't have time to sit around and feel sorry for themselves. The nature of the NBA season says that you have plenty of time to make up for a bad week, if you get back doing the things you're supposed to be doing.

I still say that the 4th quarter remedy is to limit Jamal Crawford's minutes if he's cold from the field. He's a great offensive threat . . when he's on. When he's cold, he'll absolutely kill you, because his play on the defensive end can't make up for his cold shooting. People don't like Marvin, but that's exactly who Woody is going to have to go with to close out these games.

If it makes anybody feel better, the only other teams in the league that haven't lose 3 in a row this year, are Orlando, LA Lakers, Cleveland, and Dallas. Everybody else has dropped 3 in a row.

And my how things change in this league on a week by week basis:

- Denver has lost 5 of their last 6 games, with their only win coming against us.

- San Antonio is surging, because they're beating up on very weak teams ( lol @ their schedule in the past 10 games ).

- Cleveland is RED HOT, winners of 12 of their last 13 games.

- Portland fought through their early season problems, and then the injuries, and have won 5 of their last 6

- Phoenix, after starting out 14 - 3, went 7 - 9 last month ( and had to beat the Lakers and Celtics just to get to 7 wins for the month )

- and the Hawks have lost 4 of their last 5, with 4th quarter collaspes being the prevailing theme in 3 of the losses.

This is the NBA folks. The real NBA, in which other good teams struggle at times too.

All I'll say is this is how 50+ win teams play. This is the Hawks real taste of adversity all year, losing 3 straight. Let's see how they come out of this.

With the Boston - Orlando - Boston stretch of games coming up, they don't have time to sit around and feel sorry for themselves. The nature of the NBA season says that you have plenty of time to make up for a bad week, if you get back doing the things you're supposed to be doing.

I still say that the 4th quarter remedy is to limit Jamal Crawford's minutes if he's cold from the field. He's a great offensive threat . . when he's on. When he's cold, he'll absolutely kill you, because his play on the defensive end can't make up for his cold shooting. People don't like Marvin, but that's exactly who Woody is going to have to go with to close out these games.

If it makes anybody feel better, the only other teams in the league that haven't lose 3 in a row this year, are Orlando, LA Lakers, Cleveland, and Dallas. Everybody else has dropped 3 in a row.

- Denver has lost 5 of their last 6 games, with their only win coming against us.

- San Antonio is surging, because they're beating up on very weak teams ( lol @ their schedule in the past 10 games ).

- Portland fought through their early season problems, and then the injuries, and have won 5 of their last 6

- Phoenix, after starting out 14 - 3, went 7 - 9 last month ( and had to beat the Lakers and Celtics just to get to 7 wins for the month )

- and the Hawks have lost 4 of their last 5, with 4th quarter collaspes being the prevailing theme in 3 of the losses.

This is the NBA folks. The real NBA, in which other good teams struggle at times too.

seriously! chill out people

I went the 4th seed at the start of the season and that is still where I think we will finish. As far as you list goes, here is my opinion.

If it makes anybody feel better, the only other teams in the league that haven't lose 3 in a row this year, are Orlando, LA Lakers, Cleveland, and Dallas.

The only team not on this lst that I would think should be is Boston; but with their nagging injuries all season long it is not a huge suprise they are not. Notice how all four of these teams have players on them that have made it to the finals?

- Denver has lost 5 of their last 6 games, with their only win coming against us. Billups and Kenyon nagging injuries.

- San Antonio is surging, because they're beating up on very weak teams ( lol @ their schedule in the past 10 games ). This is what good teams do. They lick their chops and feast during easy runs.

-Cleveland is RED HOT, winners of 12 of their last 13 games. Yes and they will be ahead of us at the end of the season as well and in case you forgot, a Hawk killer named Leon Powe is due back around the all star break.

- Portland fought through their early season problems, and then the injuries, and have won 5 of their last 6. Portland is a well coached and disipline team. It is utterly amazing that they can lose their 1st string SF , 1st and 2nd string centers, and 6th man in Outlaw and still be in the playoff hunt. Try that with us losing Marvin, Horf, ZaZa, and Crawford.

- Phoenix, after starting out 14 - 3, went 7 - 9 last month ( and had to beat the Lakers and Celtics just to get to 7 wins for the month ). Phoenix with Nash, Amare, and a reborn Frye are going to continue to be a offensive force.

- and the Hawks have lost 4 of their last 5, with 4th quarter collaspes being the prevailing theme in 3 of the losses. Not to mention 5 and 5 over our last ten; and out of all these teams suffering losing skids, us and Phoenix are just a couple that cannot point to an injury to either a starter or key reserve.

4th seed if we do not completely collapse; 2nd round exit. As much as I am going to root for more, this is all I would bet on concerning my hard earned dollars.

Edited by Buzzard

OMG.. . Orlando loses @ Chicago. How dare they lose to an inferior team? I think Vince Carter hurt his knee at the end of that game too. Don't know the severity of it yet though.

Hawks lose no ground to the Magic.

You know what folks, the elite teams may not be so elite. It may be only 2 or 3 teams that finish with 58+ wins, while you'll have a lot of teams at or slightly above the 50 win mark.

Back in the day, winning 55 games would almost guarantee you a top 2 seed.

OMG.. . Orlando loses @ Chicago. How dare they lose to an inferior team? I think Vince Carter hurt his knee at the end of that game too. Don't know the severity of it yet though.

Hawks lose no ground to the Magic.

You know what folks, the elite teams may not be so elite. It may be only 2 or 3 teams that finish with 58+ wins, while you'll have a lot of teams at or slightly above the 50 win mark.

If they lose Carter it will hurt them; but with their depth they will still stay ahead of us. Chicago is a better team than their record; and with Thomas back, if he keeps his head on straight, both Salmon and Deng playing better, they are going to be a pain in the *ss for anyone that plays them...just ask the Celtics and now you can ask Orlando and us.

If they lose Carter it will hurt them; but with their depth they will still stay ahead of us. Chicago is a better team than their record; and with Thomas back, if he keeps his head on straight, both Salmon and Deng playing better, they are going to be a pain in the *ss for anyone that plays them...just ask the Celtics and now you can ask Orlando and us.

Nice try . . but I watched that game. Orlando played like pure ish for about 44 minutes in that game. Then they mount a rally at the end to get within 2 possessions, but fell short. They couldn't even begin to stop Derrick Rose.

Even the so-called elite teams play like ish sometimes.

I just love how our "haters are quick to point out anything negative about us, but give other teams a pass when they mess up.

LOL @ Phoenix . . . getting DESTROYED at home against Memphis. Losing by almost 30 now with a minute to go.

Nice try . . but I watched that game. Orlando played like pure ish for about 44 minutes in that game. Then they mount a rally at the end to get within 2 possessions, but fell short. They couldn't even begin to stop Derrick Rose.

I just love how our "haters are quick to point out anything negative about us, but give other teams a pass when they mess up.

LOL @ Phoenix . . . getting DESTROYED at home against Memphis. Losing by almost 30 now with a minute to go.

The Memphis win we won't get credit for, but after starting out 1 - 8, that team is now 16 - 16. That means that they're 15 - 8 in their last 23 games. They remind me of the 06 - 07 Hawks.

Well we're not back in the day are we? Refs don't watch for walks and carrys anymore..nobody worries much about boxing out since the refs don't call over the back. Sun still comes up in about the same spot though.

Northcyde you are the hater. You hate everyone who gives an honest opinion that does not agree with yours. I have said all season Chicago is better than their record and is a team we cannot take lightly. Now my question for you is, is this a Hawks board? You are pretty much looking at every team in the league but ours with your last few post. Guess this your way to deflect a bad loss. I mean losing to Chicago on their court IMO is not as bad as losing to the Knicks on ours; unless you think the Knicks are really that much better than the Bulls.

Chicago is a good young team; and one to two years from now, Derrick Rose will be making JJ seem like an after thought in all-star circles.

Edited by Buzzard

The Memphis win we won't get credit for, but after starting out 1 - 8, that team is now 16 - 16. That means that they're 15 - 8 in their last 23 games. They remind me of the 06 - 07 Hawks.

So what you are saying is Chicago was able to hold on to their lead but its Orlando that should be bashed. And Memphis? If they can keep their core locked up for the next four to five years have a good chance of being elite; just as I think Chicago and Rose can be as well.

Yeah... Chicago can beat them but Orlando has blew the great Atlanta Hawks out the last 4 or 5 times they've played them. Amazing.