• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

JJ disses Atlanta fans

coachx

Someone needs to call JJ out. If he is going to be our all-star, he needs to act like it. He needs to ignite the offense when we are in a slump and he hasn't. When we were winning, he was attacking the rim. Now he is playing scared, hoisting up jumpers and making moronic passes when double teamed (several turnovers already against the Heat).

And on top of that, Smith needs to be called out for jacking up shots instead of attacking the rim. I would rather see him miss a shot from the post or dribble the ball off of his foot on the way to the rim instead of chucking up bricks. Especially when half the time no one is even close to him. The other team doesn't respect your shot for a reason jackass.

Bibby needs to be called out for playing half *ss defense and jacking jumpers all day when his shot is obviously off.

Woody needs to be called out for being a moron. We need at least a little bit of an offensive scheme for when we aren't scoring off of our defense. And furthermore, we need someone to tell the players to push the ball to the Horford in the post when he is eating everyone alive. Give Nate Robinson some more room and have the double team come earlier blocking his path when he is taking it to the rim all day.... at 5ft nothing. When you are getting beat in the paint you need to collapse on the ball. This is high school basketball logic.

Oh, and put Teague back in. Bibby/Joe on Nate was not working!! Teague was actually able to guard Nate when he was in for a few minutes in the 2nd.

At least Horford has been solid. The team has been pathetic.

• Premium Member

I will say this. Anytime talks of JJ pop up. It is always a Chicago paper reporting it.

Chicago fans on RealGM are certain they'll throw far too much money at him next year. Apparently it has to do with the relationship between JJ's agent and their management. Few of their fans want JJ at such a price, but even they think it will happen.

Hopefully a S&T could be worked out...

Wasn't the Cleveland game on a Tuesday?

The excuses have to stop. We're currently a top 7 team in the league, but 20th in attendance?

Wow.

And last I checked, we were like 2 games behind Orlando in the division. So if Orlando wins 62 games, and the Hawks win 55, that's the reason why people don't go to Hawks games? Hogwash.

And the commute that ATL people have to make to Hawks games, is no different than the commute people have to make to Rockets, Mavericks, Bulls, and Warriors games. I haven't looked at the attendance numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Golden State's attendance was higher than ours.

LOL . . the team won 31 home games last year . . . .31.

But they're still not good enough for people to watch on a nightly basis?

You act like being in 2nd place is special. Its not for anyone who has watched the Hawks for the last three decades. And 2nd place is not going to grab any headlines with John Q Public. You throw the Rockets, Bulls, and Mavericks out there like we are equals. In John Q publics mind the Hawks are the very definition of mediocrity in Atlanta Sports history. Seriously, how many Eastern conference finals have we been to? Now go check how many conference finals the Bulls, Mavericks, and Rockets have been too.

You want championship fanfare for a team that has never come close to winning a championship. You think always being in 2nd place is great! Northcyde here is a clue, John Q Public thinks 2nd place sucks...

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Chicago fans on RealGM are certain they'll throw far too much money at him next year. Apparently it has to do with the relationship between JJ's agent and their management. Few of their fans want JJ at such a price, but even they think it will happen.

Hopefully a S&T could be worked out...

They have no one I would want at their current contract. Kirk would be a great PG fit for us but he costs too much.

I can't argue with Joe. After the last 2 years, you would think interest in the Hawks would have gone up much more than it has. You can still go to most any weekday game and it will look half empty.

It must be disheartening to Joe who has watched this team grow over the past 5 years and he looks up at the crowd and it still pitiful most nights. How would that make you feel as a player? Like your

city doesn't care much about your team.

• Like 1

I can't argue with Joe. After the last 2 years, you would think interest in the Hawks would have gone up much more than it has. You can still go to most any weekday game and it will look half empty.

It must be disheartening to Joe who has watched this team grow over the past 5 years and he looks up at the crowd and it still pitiful most nights. How would that make you feel as a player? Like your

city doesn't care much about your team.

We are 16th in pct of attendance. Of the 15 teams above us, there is only one who has never made it to a conference final. Oklahoma City. I mean people b*tch about us being in the middle of the pack in attendance, yet it is a fact that even a team with a history like Golden State has been to more conference finals than we have.

Considering our bad history, I think its a tribute to the fan base that we can still fill our arena up to almost 90% capacity; even though our fans know without a doubt that a 2nd round exit is on its way....