• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks shouldn't look over Nets

hawkspryncess

Hi Everyone! This is my first post.

I'm hoping that because the Hawks are on a three game losing streak, they won't take the Nets game lightheartedly and overlook them for the Celtics and Magic game, Friday and Saturday as they have in the past.

The Hawks are notorious for dropping easy games ahead of big games. Hopefully they've grown enough that this won't be the case.

Welcome aboard !

Your totally right ! We have to stop the bleeding quickly.

The Heat game tonight is HUGE.......as is the Nets game you bring up. We got to get that swagger back before defending homecourt vs. the Celtics.

I'm assuming Pierce will be out for that Celtics game. I hope we can find a way to stop Rondo. We know he is licking his chops to face Bibby. I'm hoping Smoove makes Garnett look old AGIAN and that Collins gets some time to wrestle with Perkins in the paint.

Against the Magic the Hawks must defend the perimeter shots to have a prayer. the Hawks must also attack the basket and keep defensive pressure on Howard in hopes of getting him in foul trouble or making him play tentatively due to the fear of getting in foul trouble.

I'm hoping that because the Hawks are on a three game losing streak, they won't take the Nets game lightheartedly and overlook them for the Celtics and Magic game, Friday and Saturday as they have in the past.

The Hawks are notorious for dropping easy games ahead of big games. Hopefully they've grown enough that this won't be the case.

Welcome to the Squawk! We need to right the ship quickly and hopefully the Heat game tonight gets us back on track. The Nets are playing better; but unless we suffer a total meltdown, we should be able to handle them easily at home.

• Premium Member

Welcome to the Squawk!

I agree with what the others have said. Miami is probably #1 or #1a for our most hated rivals and we can't drop that game. This team consistently over the years has played DOWN to bad teams and played UP for good teams. I blame part of that on coaching and the rest on the players. We should be at the point now where we can cruise control our offense and fine tune the defense to individual matchups when it comes to bad teams like the Nets.

Nets have a point guard who can score 40 on our point guards if his coach unleashes him.

Nets have a big center who can beat up our center just as much as Howard.

Nets have a power forward (Yi) who can take Smoove outside the three point line (like Anderson). (Yi has been playing great since he came back from the injury)

If they had the outside shooters on the wings they could have killed us tonight. Another good thing is that they played last night.

If I was LeBron, I'd go to the Nets next year. LeBron could capture the Chinese market with Yi as his teammate. It's a no brainer from the business point of view. The connection with the Russian oil tycoon owner is gravy. So is relocation to Brooklyn.

Edited by jerrywest

If I was LeBron, I'd go to the Nets next year. LeBron could capture the Chinese market with Yi as his teammate. It's a no brainer from the business point of view. The connection with the Russian oil tycoon owner is gravy. So is relocation to Brooklyn.

I agree !

Harris, Lopez, and James is a superb young trio to build around.

All you have to is add a few role players - shooters who can defend on the wing and a bruising PF to do the dirty work.

I definately see the Nets as the MAIN competition of the Cavs in terms of keeping Lebron.......they just have more talent coming back then do the Knicks or the Cavs. Plus they will have a top #5 pick in the draft too.

Confidence.

The Key for tonight's game.

Usually, the Hawks would have a lot of confidence - Swagger - playing @ home against

what they surely consider a lesser team.

But, "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong" seems to follow this team like it's shadow.

A NEW HAWKSQUAWK POSTER!! WELCOME ABOARD!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Who hits the floor with confidence tonight? How long will it last?

Can't guarantee anything with this team.

:top secret:

Welcome to the board. Here's what you need to survive here on a daily or weekly basis:

- THICK SKIN, because people WILL challenge your opinions

- A favorite player to defend, no matter what

- A player you always feel a need to criticize, no matter what

- An opinion on Mike Woodson ( this is mandatory )

- The ability to come up with feesible trade scenarios

- Develop one topic you feel strongly about, and not waver one bit from it.

If you do these 6 things, you'll fit in well on this board.

• Premium Member

I don't know if I agree or disagree with overlooking the Nets. I think regardless, our boys need to step on that court with some FIRE and some SWAGGER in addition to playing their game. They should not be looking at this game like they could lose it. Because the second New Jersey puts up a fight and the score gets too close, then it becomes mental - and then the Nets will have the advantage.

Here's hoping for a complete thrashing tonight.