• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

EFFICIENCY NUMBERS tell the true story about Hawks

TheNorthCydeRises

From an efficiency standpoint, the Hawks have beaten their opponent 20 times, winning all 20 games. We have lost 13 times, only winning 1 of those games ( @ Dallas ). So if you're looking for something to guage the Hawks on, the efficiency numbers pretty much tell it all. Now, let's break those numbers down by individual group, and see which group we need to do well, in order for us to win.

Bolded category records are from an EFFICIENCY standpoint only. Individual breakdown of records within the efficiency is what we actually did in those games when we won or lost the efficiency battle in that category.

STARTERS: 22 - 11

We're 19 - 3 when they have a higher efficiency number than the other team's starters ( losses vs NY Knicks on1/1, @ Detroit, and @ New Orleans. 2- 9 when they don't. ( wins @ Dallas and @ Sacramento )

BENCH: 14 - 18

We're 13 - 1 when our bench outplays the other team's bench. ( only loss being @ LA Lakers ). 8 - 10 when our opponents bench outplays us. Played to a draw in one game.

BACKCOURT: 22 - 11

We're 19 - 3 when our backcourt outplays our opponent's backcourt ( losses @ LA Lakers, @ Detroit, and @ Cleveland ). 2 - 9 when they don't ( wins vs Utah and @ Portland )

FRONTCOURT: 19 - 14

We're 17 - 2 when our frontcourt outplays our opponent's frontcourt ( losses @ New Orleans and vs NY Knicks on 1/1 ). 4 - 10 when they get outplayed ( wins @ Portland, @ Dallas, @ Philly, and vs Washington )

IN THE PAINT: 20 - 12

We're 15 - 5 when we're more efficient than our opponent in the paint. 4 of those 5 losses have come since Dec. 19th ( @ Chicago, @ Denver, @ Cleveland, and vs NY Knicks on New Year's Day ). 5 - 7 when we don't ( most notable wins @ Dallas and @ Portland ). We were even in one game.

OUT OF THE PAINT: 19 - 14

We're a perfect 19 - 0 when we're more efficient outside the paint than our opponent ( i.e. - making our jumpshots ). 2 - 12 when we're not ( wins vs Miami and vs Portland ).

POINT GUARD: 14 - 17

We're 11 - 3 when our point guards outplay the opponents PGs. ( losses @ LA Lakers, vs Cleveland 12/29, and @ Miami ). 9 - 8 when they don't. Played to a draw twice ( winning both games )

SHOOTING GUARD: 23 - 9

We're 18 - 5 when our shooting guards outplay the opponent SGs ( losses in each of the 2 New York home losses, @ Cleveland, @ Detroit, @ Chicago ). 2- 7 when they lose the battle ( wins vs New Jersey and vs Portland ). The SGs battled to a draw in one game.

SMALL FORWARD: 15 - 18

We're 14 - 1 when our small forwards outplay the opponents SFs ( only loss vs NY Knicks 12/4 ). 7 - 11 when they don't. We have lost our last 9 games, in which we have lost the efficiency battle at SF.

POWER FORWARD: 19 - 14

We're 14 - 5 when we win the battle at power forward. ( losses @ Charlotte, @ New Orleans, vs Orlando, @ Detroit, and vs NY Knicks 1/1 ). 7 - 7 when we don't win the battle. We have lost 5 straight games when we lose the efficiency battle at PF, starting with the Chicago game on Dec. 19th.

CENTER: 20 - 12

We're 14 - 5 when our centers have outplayed our opponent's Cs. ( 4 of those losses have come in the last 5 games, despite our center winning the efficiency battle, @ Chicago, @ Denver, @ Cleveland, and vs NY Knicks on 1/1 ). We're 6 - 6 when we don't outplay our opponent. The centers battled to a draw in one game.

It is what it is folks.

Edited by northcyde

Well slap my mama and call me stupid if we need "eff stats" to tell us that when Hawks players out play their opponents they win 90% of the time and when their opponents out play the Hawks they lose 90% of the time.

LOL...no.

But the individual breakdowns of the efficiency stats are much more interesting to me. It's just a lot of things get argued on this board. The individual breakdowns just tell that much more about the strengths and weaknesses of the team. The efficiency numbers show what we can't do without, and what we can possibly overcome on this team.

LOL...no.

But the individual breakdowns of the efficiency stats are much more interesting to me. It's just a lot of things get argued on this board. The individual breakdowns just tell that much more about the strengths and weaknesses of the team. The efficiency numbers show what we can't do without, and what we can possibly overcome on this team.

I must have deleted my post as you were responding.

I did not want to come as being a jerk or making it personal at all.........just trying to make a joke.

• Premium Member

Probably a good time for a 4Factors update:

Offense

9th in shooting efficiency (eFG)

T6th in ball control efficiency (TOr)

19th in OReb efficiency (OReb%)

13th in FT efficiency (FT/FG)

Defense

11th in shooting efficiency (eFG)

T12th in ball control efficiency (TOr)

24th in OReb efficiency (OReb%)

5th in FT efficiency (FT/FG)

Bottom-line: Gotta get better at rebounding. (Translation: exodus is right, as usual).

Probably a good time for a 4Factors update:

Offense

9th in shooting efficiency (eFG)

T6th in ball control efficiency (TOr)

19th in OReb efficiency (OReb%)

13th in FT efficiency (FT/FG)

Defense

11th in shooting efficiency (eFG)

T12th in ball control efficiency (TOr)

24th in OReb efficiency (OReb%)

5th in FT efficiency (FT/FG)

Bottom-line: Gotta get better at rebounding. (Translation: exodus is right, as usual).

Rebounding has always been my point of concern because it shows the hustle and desire of your team= Heart/determination. Miami 52 Hawks 30 last game, Beasley running around Josh/Horf/Marvin like they were playing in slow Motion. Zaza played 11 minutes and didn't get a single not 1 board, How?? Shots are going to come and go sometimes, your effort on the glass cause the defense is not over until you secure the rebound should remain consistent. That's our main glaring problem lately. IMO

Edited by HawkFoLife

LOL...no.

From all that info you just posted; why are we 10 and 10 over our last 20, instead of something like 14 and 6? Could it be we are really a .500 team that had a hot start? Or is it just a cold last 20 games and we will right the ship?

Those stats dont really answer tha for me.

• Moderators

One thing this says loud and clear to me is that Bibby is arguably not even average anymore and that we are going to pay if we don't develop Teague because Bibby isn't going to get any better at stopping opposing PGs.

Edited by AHF

One thing this says loud and clear to me is that Bibby is arguably not even average anymore and that we are going to pay if we don't develop Teague because Bibby isn't going to get any better at stopping opposing PGs.

Woodson is going to ride Bibby until his legs fall off. Once they do, Crawford will start at PG. This won't change anytime soon...especially this season. And you know what? It is truly sad on such an epic level.

As for the topic, our performance on the boards the past 10 games or so has been truly piss poor. Smoove needs to start rebounding like he did in November and the bench needs to do a better job at rebounding as well. I would say Zaza needs to get it in gear defensively, but it just won't happen. I hope Joe Smith can take his minutes and be productive.

If we rebound better and drive the lane, we will start winning like we were earlier in the season.

Woodson is going to ride Bibby until his legs fall off. Once they do, Crawford will start at PG. This won't change anytime soon...especially this season. And you know what? It is truly sad on such an epic level.

As for the topic, our performance on the boards the past 10 games or so has been truly piss poor. Smoove needs to start rebounding like he did in November and the bench needs to do a better job at rebounding as well. I would say Zaza needs to get it in gear defensively, but it just won't happen. I hope Joe Smith can take his minutes and be productive.

If we rebound better and drive the lane, we will start winning like we were earlier in the season.

This is really the perfect game for Bibby to rest and Teague to get major minutes. Of course that would require a good bit of forsight on Woodsons part; and you could probably fit his brains total amount of foresight in a thimble. So not going to happen at least in the 1st half. Talking about panic mode, we have the worse team in the league at home yet all of our starters are getting major minutes so far in the 1st half.

Edited by Buzzard