• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We Needed that!

d2v16DKG

Great win for the Hawks beating Boston- especially after blowing two games against Cleveland and one against the Knicks! I can not praise Josh Smith enough for his new unselfish style of play! I was probably his biggest critic last year and I am so glad that at last he seems to get it! Great work on the offensive boards by both Josh and Al in that 4th quarter! :thumbsupsmileyanim: So good to watch a great effort after prior dismal 4th quarter collapses. And of course, Jamal Crawford was the big difference! Bibby had a great game as well. Now, the only question remaining is Marvin Williams. Notice Woody doesn't play him in 4th quarters. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Like 1

Game ball goes to Michael Bibby, he righted the ship all game and saved our collective bacon in the 4th with clutch shooting and directing.

:lol6: I made a joke about this in the chatroom about a week back about what the antifan would say if we beat Boston and the other elite teams this month.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63913/20100108/celtics_locker_room_battling_flu_bug/

The Boston Celtics locker room has been battling a flu bug.
Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

The Josh Smith block on Perkins was the turning point of that game. Unbelievable play by Smoove and that made the crowd going which made the team get going.

We have a Vince Carter-less Orlando Magic team tomorrow. Let's hope that the win tonight will give us momentum for the Orlando game. Great game and real exciting game tonight, but move on and win tomorrow.

Great game by Marvin early, Smoove, and Horford.

Crawford took some bad shots that went in the 2nd half that helped us tremendously.

The Hawks were going to lose this game before Woodson put Bibby back in during the 4th. Bibby hit a couple of shots when he 1st got back in that stopped the bleeding.

MVP tonight is Bibby. Co-MVP is Woodrow whether you like it or not. YOu can hate on Woody all you want but he isn't the one out there not passing the ball when the Hawks offense becomes stagnant.

"

Marv did play well tonight, I was surprised by his good spot up shooting tonight.......but I agree with Craw, Bibby was huge tonight, everytime we needed a play it seemed he was always around getting it done. He hit some clutch shots and was actually hustling out there.......Crawford was also big in that 4th quarter....how that guy keeps drawing fouls on jumpshots is beyond me but I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

O.....Side Note........if we win the next game against Orlando that slump really doesn't feel as bad anymore huh!

Marv did play well tonight, I was surprised by his good spot up shooting tonight.......but I agree with Craw, Bibby was huge tonight, everytime we needed a play it seemed he was always around getting it done. He hit some clutch shots and was actually hustling out there.......Crawford was also big in that 4th quarter....how that guy keeps drawing fouls on jumpshots is beyond me but I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

O.....Side Note........if we win the next game against Orlando that slump really doesn't feel as bad anymore huh!

I understand where you're coming from but losses like the one to the Knicks will really hurt the Hawks come March/April when playoff seeds are determined.

The Hawks need to beat the teams they're better than at a 90% clip at home.

I understand where you're coming from but losses like the one to the Knicks will really hurt the Hawks come March/April when playoff seeds are determined.The Hawks need to beat the teams they're better than at a 90% clip at home.

trust me I feel you, that NY lose really bothered me which is y I said I wasn't going to post to much that night......I mean it really bothered me but what I was really referring to was the part of the fanbase who just gave up on the team bc of that lil slump and pretty much gave up on the season.......I saw more than one thread saying this team isn't what we thought they were and our hopes for this season are lost.....blah blah blah.......beating boston and coming back and beating Orlando will kinda bring those people back on board.

trust me I feel you, that NY lose really bothered me which is y I said I wasn't going to post to much that night......I mean it really bothered me but what I was really referring to was the part of the fanbase who just gave up on the team bc of that lil slump and pretty much gave up on the season.......I saw more than one thread saying this team isn't what we thought they were and our hopes for this season are lost.....blah blah blah.......beating boston and coming back and beating Orlando will kinda bring those people back on board.

More often than not emotions make us say stupid things.

Correct

I agree and that works both ways. With Garnett out we should beat the Celtics in our building and probably have a 50 - 50 chance of beating them with Garnet in our building. This is one of those games we should win and did. Solid team performance. Now lets take care of a struggling Orlando team!

Edited by Buzzard

We beat Boston at home with-or-without KG IMO.

We have the best starting five in the league: 1-Bibby, 2-Crawford, 3-Joe Johnson, 4-Josh Smith, 5-Al Horford.

Like gsuteke said emotions run high.

Like gsuteke said emotions run high.

Oh scr#w the teke and the horses he rode in on (kidding teke...no use to pull that gun tongue.gif ).

Do you honestly think there is a better basketball lineup than this in the E.C.?

1-Bibby, 2-Crawford, 3-Joe Johnson, 4-Josh Smith, 5-Al Horford.

Oh scr#w the teke and the horses he rode in on (kidding teke...no use to pull that gun tongue.gif ).

Do you honestly think there is a better basketball lineup than this in the E.C.?

1-Bibby, 2-Crawford, 3-Joe Johnson, 4-Josh Smith, 5-Al Horford.

Yes and all three of them are ahead of us in the Eastern Conference. This does not even include the Lakers out west. I do think we are slowly catching Boston due to their age though. Just going to be a matter of whether Garnett can stay healthy and Rondo is their next great on te court leader.

I love that line-up to close out games. Honestly, Bibby is our key on offense, I was geting frustrated at how long he sat when our lead was evaporating, but as soon as he gets in, we stretch it back out. Why? BALL MOVEMENT

Marv was solid, was agressive early. Im beginning to believe that he is most effective when there is an obvious attempt to get him the ball, and get him shots. Thats why when we stop moving the ball as much, he always seems to fade away.. It looked like Woody planned on giving him alot of shots early tho and I think it helped his confidence. I have no problem with that strategy either since more often than not he will be on the bench late in the 4th.

Smoove and Horf= Rebounds!!! yes!!!

I love that line-up to close out games. Honestly, Bibby is our key on offense, I was geting frustrated at how long he sat when our lead was evaporating, but as soon as he gets in, we stretch it back out. Why? BALL MOVEMENT

Marv was solid, was agressive early. Im beginning to believe that he is most effective when there is an obvious attempt to get him the ball, and get him shots. Thats why when we stop moving the ball as much, he always seems to fade away.. It looked like Woody planned on giving him alot of shots early tho and I think it helped his confidence. I have no problem with that strategy either since more often than not he will be on the bench late in the 4th.

Smoove and Horf= Rebounds!!! yes!!!

I think Marv likes playing the Celtics. He has a clear size (bulk) advantage against their SFs and just seems to want the ball when we play them. Helps that he gets the ball also.