• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Need...

Diesel

• Premium Member

If we are to go to the next level, we need a defensive stopper to play some PG. Not neccessarily a full time PG (Mind ya..).. but a guy who can come in and play PG for 20-26 mpg.

I have had this thought... After exhausting my mind with people who are FAs... like Juan Dixon and Brevin Knight... I had this thought....

What if we traded Marvin/Mo to Chicago for Kirk Hinrich.

Hinrich is sorta exactly what we need in terms of a PG who can play defense. He is also a Woody type PG... meaning that he will not scare anybody with Penetration but if you leave him unattended, he will drain the three. That and he can defend everybody except Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford.

A move like that would move Joe to the Sf (most of the time). Bibby/Craw would man the 2... (most of the time) and Hinrich and Teague can play the 1 (most of the time)... but Hinrich gives us a defensive PG.

Throw some names out there if you can think of other PG who can play defense... I mean, Stevie Franchise is available... But he's not a great defender.

If we are to go to the next level, we need a defensive stopper to play some PG. Not neccessarily a full time PG (Mind ya..).. but a guy who can come in and play PG for 20-26 mpg.

I have had this thought... After exhausting my mind with people who are FAs... like Juan Dixon and Brevin Knight... I had this thought....

What if we traded Marvin/Mo to Chicago for Kirk Hinrich.

Hinrich is sorta exactly what we need in terms of a PG who can play defense. He is also a Woody type PG... meaning that he will not scare anybody with Penetration but if you leave him unattended, he will drain the three. That and he can defend everybody except Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford.

A move like that would move Joe to the Sf (most of the time). Bibby/Craw would man the 2... (most of the time) and Hinrich and Teague can play the 1 (most of the time)... but Hinrich gives us a defensive PG.

Throw some names out there if you can think of other PG who can play defense... I mean, Stevie Franchise is available... But he's not a great defender.

I like Hinrich but Chicago may value him as well. He was given the starting job over Salmons 8 games ago; and since that time the Bulls have gone 5 and 3 with good wins against the Hornets ( his 1st start) and Magic. And Chicago has Deng, Gibson, Salmons, and Thomas. Why would they want two reserve forwards (one that that cost 8 million a year) over their starting SG (or sixth man if they move Hinrich back to the bench) ?

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

I like Hinrich but Chicago may value him as well. He was given the starting job over Salmons 8 games ago; and since that time the Bulls have gone 5 and 3 with good wins against the Hornets ( his 1st start) and Magic. And Chicago has Deng, Gibson, Salmons, and Thomas. Why would they want two reserve forwards (one that that cost 8 million a year) over their starting SG (or sixth man if they move Hinrich back to the bench) ?

Yeah, I was thinking either Marvin can play PF for them.. or there could be a third team in the trade who could give them a PF. Something like Marvin/Mo to NY, Harrington to Chicago, and Hinrich to Atlanta. In that deal, Chicago loses a lot of capspace at the end of the season and they get a shot to resign Harrington or SNT him at the end of the season. NY gets Marvin who has to be better than Gallanari?? And we get Hinrich.

• Premium Member

I'm thinking of the same thing, but that it would need to be someone on a one-year deal because it would block Teague.

I suggested Jason Hart recently, but he's not the really the shooter you mentioned needing.

Hart is a better shooter than defender if Memory serves me correctly.

I'm just thinking that by the time we get to the playoffs, if we play Cleveland, we have to find a way to stop Williams and West from eating us alive. Maybe Hinrich is not that answer, but I would rather give him a try.. simply because he was rumored tobe on his way to Detroit for Prince in Dec.

There may be other FAs that I haven't considered.. and there could another trade that could be considered... however, for these playoffs, I am not so concerned about Teague's next 2.

Yeah, I was thinking either Marvin can play PF for them.. or there could be a third team in the trade who could give them a PF. Something like Marvin/Mo to NY, Harrington to Chicago, and Hinrich to Atlanta. In that deal, Chicago loses a lot of capspace at the end of the season and they get a shot to resign Harrington or SNT him at the end of the season. NY gets Marvin who has to be better than Gallanari?? And we get Hinrich.

My thoughts on Chicago is they are highly disappointed in Salmons. He was suppose to be the whole reason Gordan was expendable. I see the Bulls still getting in the playoffs. They are only 3 games behind 5th seed Miami, even though they are the 9th seed right now. With that being said, if they move Hinrich it would shock me if a true shooting guard in return was not part of the deal.

Edited by Buzzard

We need to find us a bona fide rebounding big off the bench soon too because we have zero rebounding with Zaza leading our bench rotation in the game. Unfortunately, we may be stuck with that as our first option for a while.

As for the PG, who can we get that Woodson will actually entrust some minutes to? I just don't see it happening until the offseason as well...

Would a trade of Marv/Mo/ZZ for Al Jefferson and Wayne Ellington make us better.

Al is on the block.

I don't know man. Smoove at SF is scary. I like Jefferson a lot for his offense. My thinking is if you can't stop the big threes front line then you have to try and match them for offensive production. Smoove straight up for Al works and so does this which I would love but no way Timberwolves do it.

Josh and Bibby for Al and Sessions...Us with a 6'4" point guard and a 6'10" PF

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Would a trade of Marv/Mo/ZZ for Al Jefferson and Wayne Ellington make us better.

Al is on the block.

I just read that.

Well, you know Marvin is no Granger...

But

I think the trade could go... We might have to throw on a first..

I don't know man. Smoove at SF is scary. I like Jefferson a lot for his offense. My thinking is if you can't stop the big threes front line then you have to try and match them for offensive production, Smoove straight up for Al works and so does this which I would love but no way Timberwolves do it.

Josh and Bibby for Al and Sessions...Us with a 6'4" point guard and a 6'10" PF

We're not giving up Bibby or Josh.... unless Kobe is coming..

Edited by Diesel

I just read that.

Well, you know Marvin is no Granger...

But

I think the trade could go... We might have to throw on a first..

We're not giving up Bibby or Josh.... unless Kobe is coming..

Why does it not suprise me that you think Bibby and Smoove are worth Kobe? Because you are the ultimate homer Diesel and thats ok; at least you are consistent with it.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Why does it not suprise me that you think Bibby and Smoove are worth Kobe? Because you are the ultimate homer Diesel and thats ok; at least you are consistent with it.

I didn't say that Bibby and Smoove = Kobe. I said we're not giving up Bibby and Smoove unless we get Kobe. The point is that you can pinpoint our wins back to two things... The acquisition of Bibby and the maturity of Smoove. You take those two things away and we're back to a 15 win team again. Horf is not consistent on the offensive end. Marvin sucks. And Joe can be shut down. I guess if you throw on Craw we may get 21 wins.. but honestly, I think you have to realize how much Josh's transition defense helps us and How much Bibby means to our offensive gameplan....

About Jefferson. I don't see him as being much more than Smoove. He's a first option and he scores 3 points more than Smoove. I do like his post offense, but his defense, especially transition defense wouldn't make up for Josh.

I didn't say that Bibby and Smoove = Kobe. I said we're not giving up Bibby and Smoove unless we get Kobe. The point is that you can pinpoint our wins back to two things... The acquisition of Bibby and the maturity of Smoove. You take those two things away and we're back to a 15 win team again. Horf is not consistent on the offensive end. Marvin sucks. And Joe can be shut down. I guess if you throw on Craw we may get 21 wins.. but honestly, I think you have to realize how much Josh's transition defense helps us and How much Bibby means to our offensive gameplan....

About Jefferson. I don't see him as being much more than Smoove. He's a first option and he scores 3 points more than Smoove. I do like his post offense, but his defense, especially transition defense wouldn't make up for Josh.

Bibby is going south and Smoove could very well be at the height of his value right now. Unless a contract dump falls into our lap like Gasol; you do not get team changing value like Sessions and Jefferson for guys who you say suck (Marvin). Sooner or later if you want to make a big move; you have to give up better players.

Marvins value is at its all-time low right now and he is damn near untradeable. If you think a bench player (Hinrich) is going to put us over the top then so be it; but that is all you are getting for Marvin this season.

Edited by Buzzard

Al Jefferson is damaged goods. His numbers are way down this year. They got to know that his knee is not stable!!

He has to pass a physical and at his money per year, it would be an intense one. His numbers have been increasing every month since coming back.

16.0 and 7.8 in November ( his 1st month back )

18.7 and 10.2 in December

20.0 and 10.0 so far in Janauary

• Admin

Al Jefferson is damaged goods. His numbers are way down this year. They got to know that his knee is not stable!!

It is a lot to do with the Triangle offense.

The trade would not work because Josh can not play SF. He can not guard SFs very well and he can't play the position. Josh is a PF period. This would destroy the team chemistry. One of the three (Josh, Al, Horford) would have to come off the bench and that does not make sense.