• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin Williams

Guest Walter

Oh poor Marvin lol....I honestly think if and when Marvin moves to another team/system, 15 to 17 and 6 is in his bag all day long. He needs 10 to 15 touches a night and if he ever goes to a team that distributes the ball actively and evenly across the floor he will get them.

No way he would ever have a game in which he only got 6 to 8 shots in a D Antonio led offense. That would be his 1st half attempts. Not making excuses either. Marvin is probably having his worse offensive season since his rookie year.

When Marvin goes it will show Woody's' known but often ignored offensive limitations. Marvin is a spot up shooter who can and does get to the line when given the opportunity. Another scheme will give him at least 10 to 15 opportunities a night...every night.

This is my current opinion on Marvin's' ability. All-star, not anymore; but solid player on both ends of the court who can and will help any team he plays for.

Edited by Buzzard

• 1 month later...

My disgust with MW isn't related to his #2 pick draft status anymore, it has to do with the fact that he isn't even remotely living up to his current (supposedly modest) contract. It troubles me that no matter how much you lower the expectations for MW his play manages they demand to be lowered further. I know it comes as a shock to most here but even I thought that our contract for MW was long but reasonable (although there appears more of a correction in the market than I considered) and that we simply couldn't better MW by trading him. However, with MW's continued diminished production we simply don't need him. I wonder if there will be any interest in him (it only takes one team) when he's not BYC. We absolutely must draft either big or Sf this offseason (If JJ walks?) or bring Childress back. IMO MW's inability to meet ANY expectation, even the more modest ones suggest that AT MOST Marvin should have only a half season under another coach (should Woody not be resigned). If Woody is resigned MW should be traded ASAP.

It's been a good season so far, the post-season is the goal of all this (Woody again killing our starters and not developing our bench.), and I simply don't see MW stepping up as part of the good season or the upcoming post-season.

...now, gotta get back to building our home...

W

Something is wrong with Marvin. It may be physical. It may be mental. Whatever it is,

there needs to be a solution sought. He should be sent to the bench and only be allowed

to play when Jeff Teague is on the floor.

Since JT gets a lot of those DNP - Coaches decision, he would get a lot of rest.

Set him down. turn him off. Whatever they are doing, it ain't working.

:snowballfight: