• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Celtics want Nate.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Before you start thinking about this the wrong way...

I heard on the radio that the Cs made an offer for Nate Robinson. I thought about it. They have quite a few PGs, why add another? They could even have Marberry if they wanted him.

The answer is Atlanta.

Yes, the Atlanta Hawks.

Here's my 2 and 2.

We have scorched the Celtics this year.

We look to be in the playoffs and so do they.

Nate has been a Hawks killer with his speed

The Cs want Nate so that they can compete better with us.

Almost makes me say that we should get Nate just so they can't.

Before you start thinking about this the wrong way...

I heard on the radio that the Cs made an offer for Nate Robinson. I thought about it. They have quite a few PGs, why add another? They could even have Marberry if they wanted him.

The answer is Atlanta.

Yes, the Atlanta Hawks.

Here's my 2 and 2.

We have scorched the Celtics this year.

We look to be in the playoffs and so do they.

Nate has been a Hawks killer with his speed

The Cs want Nate so that they can compete better with us.

Almost makes me say that we should get Nate just so they can't.

All we have to do is start Mario at point, let him commit six fouls in twelve minutes, and Nate will be stopped in his tracks (serious sarcasm but I am sure this has crossed our dumbass coaches mind).

All we have to do is start Mario at point, let him commit six fouls in twelve minutes, and Nate will be stopped in his tracks (serious sarcasm but I am sure this has crossed our dumbass coaches mind).

You are sure that this has crossed Woodson's mind? Talk about blind hate, until this recent 10 day contract West rarely ever played more than the final 45 seconds of a quarter and even tonight he only played 10 minutes. You're acting like the guy played 40 minutes tonight or something.

As to the original topic (which I'm going to let stay in this forum even though it's borderline) I hope that the Celtics do not get Nate as he would make them a much better team.

C'mon Buzz...Mario did very well tonight..helped to win the game with his D and hustle. Don't worry, Acie....oops...I meant Teague will get more chances.

C'mon Buzz...Mario did very well tonight..helped to win the game with his D and hustle. Don't worry, Acie....oops...I meant Teague will get more chances.

If you want to declare Teague, Acie already...so be it. But I never heard Woody say Acie would be our future PG. He has said that about Teague. Which is so frustrating; out future PG giving up minutes to a waiver wire pick up. And I never heard Marvin and Smoove talk up Acies mad skills either. Maybe its just window dressing so Teague holds some value. To be honest the more playing time West gets, the more wrong either Woody or Sund looks.

IMO A scrub like Mario whom no one wanted but us has no business taking minutes away from a NBA caliber PG. Unless said scrub is the better player.

If you want to declare Teague, Acie already...so be it. But I never heard Woody say Acie would be our future PG. He has said that about Teague. Which is so frustrating; out future PG giving up minutes to a waiver wire pick up. And I never heard Marvin and Smoove talk up Acies mad skills either. Maybe its just window dressing so Teague holds some value. To be honest the more playing time West gets, the more wrong either Woody or Sund looks....

I understand that you want Teague to be our PG of the future Buzz...actually I'd love to see an up-and-coming PG of the future...whether from the draft or a trade. We currently have kind of a "starting 6" 3 forwards from the draft - 3 guards from free agency.

I think our real possible PG of the future got snapped up one pick too early - Lawson.

Nate had a great 5-6 minute stretch after being benched forever but we lost that game because we fell apart down the stretch . LOL Im not worried about Nate Im more worried about us staying focused no matter who the opponent for an entire game .

When was the last time we played a 48minute game ?

I can assure you that Nate is so much of an idiot that he would take a minimum salary next year just to remain with the Knicks. He turned down Chills' type money to play in Europe and has a clause (or the ability) to void trades to other teams. There really should be no need to fear him moving to a conference rival because he is more than awed by the mystique of New York. (lack of expectation, playground ball and a great night life will do that to a player)

Nate is a matchup problem for certain teams, and his size can be negative, but the guy has HEART and isn't going to back down from a hard foul or two. He is decisive with the basketball when driving to the basket.

Nate can proverbially "break ankles" and have a consistent impact on a game or in a playoff series vs. a particular team.

Oklahoma+City+Thunder+v+New+York+Knicks+c7HvEZ_jlGsl.jpg

Do you really think the Celtic's interest in Nate Robinson has anything to do with Atlanta? In fact, the offer was made BEFORE the hawks game, and it was precisely the hawks game that killed the deal:

http://www.csnne.com/pages/landing?Source-Cs-offered-Giddens-and-future-con=1&blockID=166834&feedID=3352

And Boston has quite a few PGs? You mean like Eddie House, who is so bad at ball handling that he doesn't bring the ball up the court when is playing?

The celtics wanted Nate because they need a back up for Rondo and need more scoring off the bench. Nothing to do with the hawks. In fact, the one area where the celtics have no problems with the hawks is the PG position. Te hawks match up well with the celtics because of its offensive rebounding, and Nate wouldnt solve that.