• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If you had to pick our 2nd all star

I want Crawford to make it because he is growing too old to make it over again. I don't want him to join Bibby/Strickland/Cassell group who were close but missed the cigar. Smoove and Al will make it soon anyway.

I want Smith to make it because he is already signed long term. Don't want anyone to steal Al/Craw from us with top $.

I want Horf to make it because Bynum could be traded to East next year for Bosh and Lopez with all his Chinese(Yi) votes could also play next to a megastar next year. Al's window might narrow significantly after this year. Even Chris Gatling and Tyrone Hill made it to the all star team because they found a window. Many better players missed out (see Bibby/Strickland/Cassell)

Didn't Brown coach last year? If Hawks pass Boston, Woody could coach the all stars. That's one salary I want to drive up.

Crawford is not a real all star. He has always shot a low percentage and played bad defense. This year he is shooting a good percentage, but he isn't doing anything other than scoring.

Crawford is not a real all star. He has always shot a low percentage and played bad defense. This year he is shooting a good percentage, but he isn't doing anything other than scoring.

If the coaches went by those standards then there is no way that Z. Randolph would make it either. That guy doesn't know the meaning of defense. :help wanted3:

It's hard. We have a great record, but there are a lot of players that deserve to go. I really doubt that our team (or any team in the NBA) will have more than 2 allstars in the allstar team. But I do have to say that if there's any team that deserves 3, it's us.

Shoe in: Joe Johnson, Rajon Rondo, and Gerald Wallace

That leaves 4 spots left with about 8 players to consider. But when it comes down to it, I think these players will most likely not make it. Rashard Lewis isn't putting up that great of stats and his team has been underachieving. Danny Granger's injuries and his teams' record will probably be enough reason why he shouldn't go. Mo Williams just got injured today, so I doubt coaches will put him in.

Most Likely Not: Rashard Lewis, Danny Granger, and Mo Williams

I think it boils down to these 6 players for the last four spots.

On The Bubble: Josh Smith, Al Horford, Stephen Jackson, Chris Bosh, Derrick Rose, David Lee, Paul Pierce.

Chris Bosh is the most likely to go out of the bubble people. He has the stats, and his team is in the playoffs right now. Derrick Rose will probably make it just so the East will have 3 guards on the bench like they usually do. I think you have to give the nod to Josh Smith over Stephen Jackson and Paul Pierce just because he makes just a big of an impact as the two and Hawks have a better record. And I think it just boils down to Al Horford vs David Lee if we'll have 3 allstars on the allstar team.

If I have to take a guess this is the East Roster for the Allstar Game.

PG: Allen Iverson

SG: Dwyane Wade

SF: Lebron James

PF: Kevin Garnett

C: Dwight Howard

Backup G: Joe Johnson

Backup G: Rajon Rondo

Backup G: Derrick Rose

Backup F: Gerald Wallace

Backup F: Josh Smith

Backup C: David Lee

I agree that no team should have more than 2 all stars this year, but I'm really scared the coaches could possibly pick 3 Celtics....If there are 3 Celts and 1 Hawk, that is a slap in the face. Garnett is in. Rondo is most likely in. The coaches might pick Pierce too. :brick wall:

let me settlle this real quick.

Johnson

Rose

Rondo

Lee

Wallace

Bosh

Pierce

IF Iverson doesnt play(which is a possibility) then Josh will get a reserve spot and Rondo or Johnson will get the PG Spot. If Garnett doesnt play then Bosh will get his spot and Smith will get the reserve spot. There is no way in hell that Bogut, Carter or R. Allen makes it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

[aside] Mo Williams' injury probably frees up a spot for an East G (the one AI stole from somebody)

~lw3

Mo Williams had no business even being considered for the All-Star team. It was a mistake to put him on it last year and would have been an even bigger mistake to put him on it this year.

Hes doing what the coaches asked and he shouldnt be penalized for doing that . This is what bothers me about this stuff we know Crawford can put up 20 and 5 and 3 in 40 mpg on low percentages on a below .500 just like some of the other guys up for all star . So it shouldnt be a question of what he can do numbers wise but his impact on and contribution to a winning team .

I think Al deserves to be the 2nd all star and Crawford would be my 3rd choice .

• Moderators

Hes doing what the coaches asked and he shouldnt be penalized for doing that .

In terms of not getting rebounds, steals, blocks, and stats of that nature or making an impact on D, I don't think his role on the team is holding him back in those departments.

In terms of not getting rebounds, steals, blocks, and stats of that nature or making an impact on D, I don't think his role on the team is holding him back in those departments.

When playing 30 mpg I think so . The minutes play a huge part in the difference in numbers as i said earlier we know Crawford when given the minutes can shoot poorly and put up a nice statline for a sub .500 team .

Crawford has 5 blocks thats 3 more than JJ but I dont consider him as having played better than JJ this season and dont ever consider blocks really when grading guards.

I dont think I even really believe that he should make the team but I just find it interesting how quickly people are to dismiss it not based on what he is doing this year but based on past reputation .

Its no different than when I was checking the career numbers and I noticed Crawford is on his way to a 7th consecutive season of 100 made 3 pt fg and i wouldve thought with him probably going to breaking Millers record that he wouldve got a shot at the three point shoot out .

• Moderators

#1. Cleveland is 1st.

#2. LeBron & his pimps will hissy fit if they don't get a 2nd all star.

I understand that and agree he could have ended up an All-Star for that reason. I still think, however, that he had no business being considered for the All-Star. Cleveland is the best player in the league plus a bunch of role players. Mo is probably the best of those role players but that is all he is.

• Moderators

Mo Williams had no business even being considered for the All-Star team. It was a mistake to put him on it last year and would have been an even bigger mistake to put him on it this year.

We all know why Mo gets consideration. Just being the Witness-Maker's second fiddle on the top team in the East would even get JJ Redick serious consideration.

Even though his numbers are slightly down in most categories this season, Mo remains one of the league's most reliable shooters among small guards. His jumpers (plus Parker's and Boobie's) have freed up LeBron to conduct his bull-in-china-shop offensive game and relying more on kickouts than lofting outside jumpers himself.

Overall, he's on par with Chauncey Billups (Melo's second-in-command) who's in a similar bubble predicament out West. At least this season, Mo's slightly better shooting and rebounding offsets Billups' superior passing and defense.

Now that's as much praise as I can bestow on Mo without getting nauseous. :)

~lw3

• Moderators

When playing 30 mpg I think so . The minutes play a huge part in the difference in numbers as i said earlier we know Crawford when given the minutes can shoot poorly and put up a nice statline for a sub .500 team .

Crawford has 5 blocks thats 3 more than JJ but I dont consider him as having played better than JJ this season and dont ever consider blocks really when grading guards.

I dont think I even really believe that he should make the team but I just find it interesting how quickly people are to dismiss it not based on what he is doing this year but based on past reputation .

Its no different than when I was checking the career numbers and I noticed Crawford is on his way to a 7th consecutive season of 100 made 3 pt fg and i wouldve thought with him probably going to breaking Millers record that he wouldve got a shot at the three point shoot out .

How does playing time impact Crawford's defense and per minute stats in non-scoring categories? I am just pointing out that the guy is considered a one-trick pony and that if he was putting up non-scoring stats like Rajon Rondo or someone that he would be an automatic All-Star pick. My point relates less to volume stats than to what he is doing or not doing with his time.

For example:

In per minute rebounding, Jamal Crawford ranks dead last on the team tied with Bibby (2.9 rp36) and behind Teague and all others.

The only two guys on the team that Crawford averages more steals per 36 than (who have played at least 60 minutes) are Horford and Joe Smith.

I agree that Crawford makes next to no impact in blocks and that this is not particularly important except for the guards who actually impact the game by blocking some shots like Wade.

On defensive rating, Jamal Crawford ranks dead last on the team (tied with West who has a statistically insignificant sample size).

I love having Crawford on the team but he doesn't bring a whole lot more to the table than his shot making ability and reasonable ballhandling/passing skills for a combo scoring guard.