• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How many wins does this potential team get?

mrhonline

PG: Bibby/Teague

SG: Crawford/Childress

SF: Marvin/Evans

PF: Smith/pick

CR: Horford/Zaza

Just wondering aloud...

40 - 45 wins, unless you replace Bibby with a significantly better defender who won't drop off too much offensively in which case I'd say 44-47 wins. Do that and replace Woody with a top notch coach and I'd say that group could win 50-55 games.

40 - 45 wins, unless you replace Bibby with a significantly better defender who won't drop off too much offensively in which case I'd say 44-47 wins. Do that and replace Woody with a top notch coach and I'd say that group could win 50-55 games.

I'd say without JJ we still make the playoffs, but I think we would be right around .500 - and that's good enough in the East right now.

Take out JJ and Woody and throw in Chillz and a different coach and we still win over 50 games? I'm not sure I agree 100%, but I do think bringing in a coach that has some direction and leadership on ways to score the ball would be an improvement. Makes me wonder how many wins you think we could attain WITH JJ and a different coach? 60-65?

I would say 41 to 47.

Bibby's play will continue to fall off and Teague will have to pick up the slack.

Horford and Smith would both need to improve their post offense.

I think we would miss JJ's defense more then his offense.

We would not even have a prayer of getting past the 2nd round though.

Edited by coachx

I'd say without JJ we still make the playoffs, but I think we would be right around .500 - and that's good enough in the East right now.

Take out JJ and Woody and throw in Chillz and a different coach and we still win over 50 games? I'm not sure I agree 100%, but I do think bringing in a coach that has some direction and leadership on ways to score the ball would be an improvement. Makes me wonder how many wins you think we could attain WITH JJ and a different coach? 60-65?

Oh no the over 50 would be if we replaced Bibby with a much better defensive PG who is equal offensively and replaced Woody with a top notch coach.

That team would win 40 games, 42 max. Who gets doubled on that team? Who keeps teams honest on Crawford so that every shot he takes isn't a contested 20 footer? Where is our defense at guard? That team smells a lot like the team we had right before we blew the team up.

If that team fed the ball to Horford and Smith in the paint instead of being perimeter oriented like this current one, they could definately be a 50 win team. Post play is more reliable than perimeter play, therefore that team would have more consistency if it was forced not to rely on a wing player handling the ball for most of the shot clock of every play. Plus HOrford and Smith would be at another level, both would All-Stars more than likel.