• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

David Lee vs. Horford.

Diesel

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

All star talk here. There's a possibility that Lee edges Horford in the Allstar race. I read elsewhere Hawks fans lamenting the fact that Horford won't go and Lee Will... saying that Lee plays on a bad team. SO here's my question to Hawks fans...

IF you had to pick 1 with Position not being an issue...

Who would you pick for your team?

Al 8 days a week. Trivial differences in stats, as I'm sure Al could average 5 more points, an extra board, and an assist while still shooting a better percentage than Lee if he were on a poor team, just as Lee could probably be a considerably better defender under a coach who has a clue on that end.

The All-Star game doesn't matter anymore. I think Al is the main reason for this franchise's turnaround, while the Knicks still languish in mediocrity. I'd place Al a whole notch above Lee. Al's intangibles are invaluable, and he dresses like an Italian to boot.

As unskilled and goofy as Dwight Howard is, and as uninterested on the Defensive end as Amare is, Al will rise near the top sooner than later, despite his size. Pau's little brother ain't no slouch either, 60% from the field on a rising squad of young gunners got me on notice.

I'll take Al Horford any day over David Lee. I feel Al Horford has a higher ceiling than him, and he is just as good as him...if not...better. Do I think Al Horford deserves to go to the All-star game more? Yes.

Do I think Al Horford will go to the All-star game over David Lee? No. I think the hope of Al Horford being an All-star is bleak. Judging by what the media (who I think have no idea what they're talking about), Al Horford will get the nod over David Lee. I have seen so many all-star rosters with David Lee's name on it and I've seen a lot of Al Horford-less allstar rosters.

• Premium Member

On a per possession basis, Horford narrows the gap significantly:

Stats

TS% - Horford (slight)

EFG% - Horford (slight)

ORB% - Horford (slight)

DRB% - Lee (significant)

AST% - Lee (huge)

STL% - Lee (slight)

BLK% - Horford (huge)

TOV% - Horford (slight)

Because Horford is FAR superior in terms of defensive IQ and is actively contributing to a winning team, he beats out Lee in my book.

Edited by mrhonline

Just the fact that David Lee was a restricted free agent this year and many teams didn't go after him hard tells you something. He is a good player on a very bad team that is coached by an uptempo offense. Lee+ D'antoni=inflated stats....If Horford was a knick you would be looking at crazy monster numbers night in night out. I am on Al's amigos side on this issue. I hope coaches in the NBA are smart enough to see this and pick Horford over Lee if it comes to those two guys.

Edited by Spud2Nique

Horford because of his D. But David Lee is still a good player. He's on a sub .500 team but he still puts up good numbers against elite players night in and night out and has a FG% too. Just 4 the record..Brook Lopez and Al Jefferson are better than both guys even though he's on the worst 2 teams in the league. I think the all star choice should go to the best players, not good players on good teams IMO

Edited by TruJerz

Head to head Horford has pretty much clowned Lee. This year in the 3 Knicks games Horford has averaged 21/14 shooting 61%. Lee averaged 12/10 shooting 47%. Since they are guarding each other most of the time that is pretty self explanatory.

right. Al destroyed Lee like Howard destroys Al.

If Knicks had Al, they wouldn't sing him to 1 yr at mid-level. All coaches know Lee's numbers are inflated due to their coach's system. If Stern chose he would have picked NY/Chi players. Fans would have picked Shaq or some old geezer. Coaches will be accurate unless they have some agenda.

If Al was in an offense that ran through him, there's no question he'd average 18-20 ppg and 10+ rpg with 3-4 apg. There is no logical reason why we don't run all our halfcourt sets through him. His post game has improved dramatically and his 12-15 ft jumper has been money all year.

Glad someone brought up the head to head battle. When you see them head to head, there's no comparison. Plus, I wonder how many games Lee has played in which the Knicks were getting blown out, to pad his stats a little?

Lee is a nice player though. He could start at PF on a lot of teams around the league.

Personally though, I think the East will take 5 reserve forwards and 2 reserve guards, seeing that Bosh can play center ( even though he's less of a center than Al is ).

Center: Bosh

Forwards: Pierce - Smoove - Granger - G. Wallace

Guards: JJ - Rondo

If Horford or Lee ( or Lopez ) makes it, Granger or Smoove will get the shaft.

Kid want's to be an All-Star, but his team get's destroyed at home by 50!!!

Yet he took care of his stat sheet... 14 weak boards, terrible D, spent the whole game out on the perimeter... give me a break!

Drew busted his *ss all night long!

If Lee makes an All-Star team over Al or even Shaq or Perkins... it'll be a joke!

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

David Lee - Opponent PER at Center 21.0 - Net +2.7

Al Horford - Opponent PER at Center 15.5 - Net +5.8

So basically, Both Lee and whoever he plays against are going to have a great night, while Al only allows his guy to net .5 on the evening (PER's start at 15). Al disrupts his opposition a lot more.

The best way to judge is by looking at head to head. And in that sense, Al completely dominates Lee, therefore it should be no question imo.