• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

..Is the excitment gone?

MVP23

I remember last year around this time, and even the year before when I couldn't wait to get home from school, go outside for a while, take a shower, and watch the Hawks...now, its ehhh. ..I'm just not that excited to watch the Hawks anymore, unless its a ESPN/TNT game, or the Lakers/Cavs we're playing...I'm already looking towards the playoffs. I wonder how Celtic, Laker, Cav, and Spur fans feel..I guess when your team sucks, or isn't that great, you value the regular season, but when you're ELITE,..you just can't wait fo playoff time..

• Like 1

I actually wasn't that excited last year as I am this year. If we weren't in Atlanta playing and playing on the road, I would hate to watch because every road game for us was horrible to watch. Also, it wasn't exciting to watch Josh Smith shoot jumper after jumper.

This year, we've done so much better. Our players have matured, we are starting to win games on the road, and there isn't a game in the schedule that you can call a "sure loss". Every game we have this year, you can say the Hawks have a chance of winning or you can say Hawks are sure to win. Plus, Jamal Crawford adds a little bit more excitement than Flip. ;)

Edited by TeamDime10

hmmm maybe its more exciting when my team is the underdog. Last year, when the Carolina Panthers (2010-11 SB champs btw) went 12-4, it wasn't nearly as exciting as this year, when we were fighting to stay alive, or even the 03 season, when we came out of nowhere. Ironically, I stared liking this team because we sucked so bad..I'm weird..

• Premium Member

i really disagree. The better your team is the funner it is to watch them play. It was hard for me to get excited with the Falcons this year, especially after having such high hopes from the year before. After week 6 or 7 when it was clear this just wasn't our year, it actually became a chore at times to keep up with the team.

• Like 1

i really disagree. The better your team is the funner it is to watch them play. It was hard for me to get excited with the Falcons this year, especially after having such high hopes from the year before. After week 6 or 7 when it was clear this just wasn't our year, it actually became a chore at times to keep up with the team.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited to see them play, but its no where near last year, when I would literally plan my day around watching the Hawks.

I remember last year around this time, and even the year before when I couldn't wait to get home from school, go outside for a while, take a shower, and watch the Hawks...now, its ehhh. ..I'm just not that excited to watch the Hawks anymore, unless its a ESPN/TNT game, or the Lakers/Cavs we're playing...I'm already looking towards the playoffs. I wonder how Celtic, Laker, Cav, and Spur fans feel..I guess when your team sucks, or isn't that great, you value the regular season, but when you're ELITE,..you just can't wait fo playoff time..

i was excited even when we were going 13-69...couldn't wait to watch every minute of every game, and nothing has changed. being on national tv isn't a huge deal to me anymore, but hearing real commentators like Brent Barry, Jalen Rose and Jeff Van Gundy give props to the Hawks always feels good.

• Like 1

I actually wasn't that excited last year as I am this year. If we weren't in Atlanta playing and playing on the road, I would hate to watch because every road game for us was horrible to watch. Also, it wasn't exciting to watch Josh Smith shoot jumper after jumper.

This year, we've done so much better. Our players have matured, we are starting to win games on the road, and there isn't a game in the schedule that you can call a "sure loss". Every game we have this year, you can say the Hawks have a chance of winning or you can say Hawks are sure to win. Plus, Jamal Crawford adds a little bit more excitement than Flip. ;)

That's the big difference for me this year . . how we're playing on the road. We've played some great games on the road this year. Even a few of the losses were great games. I want to watch the road games more than the home games this year.