• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Hawks need a backup PG.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Teague's not ready, but that doesn't bother me. He's barely old enough to drink. He'll get there eventually.

In the interim, the Hawks need a backup PG who can defend. How many times do we have to see Crawford and Bibby exploited by quicker guards?

The list is ridiculous:

Nate Robinson - 41

Derrick Rose - 32

Rajon Rondo - 26

Chris Duhon - 25

Rodney Stuckey - 23

Darren Collison - 22

Mo Williams - 20

Will Bynum - 19

Tony Parker - ?

If it were me, I would trade Evans for a backup PG. Crawford could then play all of his minutes at the 2, with JJ splitting his between the 2 and the 3. Ditch Mario and bring in a veteran SF in case of injuries (Stackhouse would've worked).

Teague's not ready, but that doesn't bother me. He's barely old enough to drink. He'll get there eventually.

In the interim, the Hawks need a backup PG who can defend. How many times do we have to see Crawford and Bibby exploited by quicker guards?

The list is ridiculous:

Nate Robinson - 41

Derrick Rose - 32

Rajon Rondo - 26

Chris Duhon - 25

Rodney Stuckey - 23

Darren Collison - 22

Mo Williams - 20

Will Bynum - 19

Tony Parker - ?

If it were me, I would trade Evans for a backup PG. Crawford could then play all of his minutes at the 2, with JJ splitting his between the 2 and the 3. Ditch Mario and bring in a veteran SF in case of injuries (Stackhouse would've worked).

The gm can only do what the cheap owners want him to do.

• Premium Member

The gm can only do what the cheap owners want him to do.

no doubt in my mind that this would have been a 35 pt loss had TP finished the game. If Bibby's shot isn't falling then why in the hell does Woody keep him on the floor?

We absolutely need a backup PG that can defend and play about 10-15 MPG. However, I have said it before and I will say it again, who is out there that is worth that PT AND is good enough so Woody will play him?

Problem is, Teague isn't that guy right now.

We absolutely need a backup PG that can defend and play about 10-15 MPG. However, I have said it before and I will say it again, who is out there that is worth that PT AND is good enough so Woody will play him?

Problem is, Teague isn't that guy right now.

Woodson hasn't realized that Bibby is no longer good enough to help a team anymore. I was wrong about him being on the decline. He has averaged 7PPG or so in the last month. 7 points a game. He is not even better than Anthony Johnson now.

They need a starting PG that can actually be productive... Which Bibby hasn't been in a while. It would figure he would have his worst year after signing a contract extension. I guess that's what happens when you don't have to worry about feeding your kids anymore.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

They need a starting PG that can actually be productive... Which Bibby hasn't been in a while. It would figure he would have his worst year after signing a contract extension. I guess that's what happens when you don't have to worry about feeding your kids anymore.

Hotlanta, I'm starting to get the impression that you don't like Bibby.

• Moderators

Perhaps MIke "Supernanny" James?

Just healed from a broken hand, behind small-wonder Earl Boykins on the 'Zards depth chart even after The Duel took two guards out of their lineup. Plus he's a free agent this summer, and with Mike James you know what that means. Nobody strives harder to track and pad his own stats in a contract year. He probably has himself on his own fantasy hoops teams. In a purely short-term backup role, though, that might work fine for the Hawks. Plus, to his credit, he worked on his defense over the summer to improve his chances for minutes w/ the likes of Agent Zero/Foye/Javaris.

"This is a big year for me. It's a contract year," James continued. "Last year, I averaged almost 10 points, but shot like 36 percent. That's terrible, Mike James. Thirty-six percent? I've got to raise my game. We're ready to rebound from last season, and I've got to do my part."

Would probably require a combo deal (maybe something with Marvin, a Wizards backup, future Wizards picks, and at least one expiring Hawk contract involved) to make the calculus work. Just keep him and his wife off of Reality TV shows when he gets here.

~lw3