• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Hawks need a backup PG.

mrhonline

• Moderators

Chucky Atkins?

He'll have to come back from injury after getting flattened by Glen "Pizzeria Uno" Davis on a pick, but could be another veteran presence on this squad.

Best deal I can work so far is Marvin/Teague for CharlieV/Daye/Atkins/Summers. Not necessarily trying to deal Marvin in every scenario, but he seems to be the best means of getting the depth we desire. We'd also have to give up our hopes for a maturing Teague in exchange for Detroit's hopes for a maturing frontcourt bench (Daye & Summers). If Motown sticks with Stuckey, they might be intrigued by a Stuckey/Teague rotation at PG in future years.

If the Pistons are ready to tank in the second half, I'd much rather have Stuckey to back up Bibby this year (and take over next season), but cannot figure out a deal that makes this work. Maybe even Will Bynum?

~lw3

• Moderators

Who is CJ ?

If it's the Pacers, C2C could've meant Horford's old pal T.J. Ford, or A.J. Price.

Otherwise, C2C could've meant G-State's C.J. Watson, who just came back from injury. Started last night in Nellie's "I'll Try Anything" 3-guard lineup against the Hornets, and dropped 23 pts/5 assists/0 turnovers (-20 on plus/minus, but hey, it's the Warriors).

~lw3

• Moderators

JJ Barea?

As Kidd and Terry are working toward steadier minutes, Barea's opportunities are dwindling with the Mavs.

Only deal I could swing is Howard and Barea for Marvin, Evans, Teague & Collins. Howard had better be reliable as a swingman under that scenario, otherwise Smoove/JJ will be spending more time at the 3.

~lw3

• Moderators

On proposed Marvin trades, have people factored in his base compensation status?

The Trade Checker I reviewed (on a less-reputable and Raptor-biased website which shall remain nameless :) ) includes BYC and rejects a number of proposals based on that. I haven't tried others (ESPN) yet, though.

~lw3

• Moderators

The Trade Checker I reviewed (on a less-reputable and Raptor-biased website which shall remain nameless :) ) includes BYC and rejects a number of proposals based on that. I haven't tried others (ESPN) yet, though.

~lw3

Thanks!

I dont think we need a backup pg I think we need a 3rd perimeter player that can actually consistently produce to compliment jamal on the second unit.

Derrick Rose and Rondo do what they do against everyone and so does Parker

Stuckey,Bynum, and Robinson are scorers who when given enough shots will produce

What stands out to me about all these games is the failure of our starting 5 to match the intensity of the opposing teams starting 5 . We come out lackluster let several streaky players on the opposing teams get confidence and then have to deal with them the entire game . This has happened about 8 times now this year and the best way to counter that is to come out focused and ready to play against these consistently.

If it's the Pacers, C2C could've meant Horford's old pal T.J. Ford, or A.J. Price.

Otherwise, C2C could've meant G-State's C.J. Watson, who just came back from injury. Started last night in Nellie's "I'll Try Anything" 3-guard lineup against the Hornets, and dropped 23 pts/5 assists/0 turnovers (-20 on plus/minus, but hey, it's the Warriors).

~lw3

Bingo! Ah heck, he came back and did that? I was really hoping to pry him away for just Mo.....They do need depth at Center.

• Premium Member

The Hawks aren't going to trade Marvin for a backup PG.

Brevin Knight is an excellent idea, but the Hawks seem to have a distaste for guards without perimeter range.

I would look at Duhon and Watson in the offseason. Hopefully one similar to them will get waived next month...

Brevin Knight is an excellent idea, but the Hawks seem to have a distaste for guards without perimeter range.

I would look at Duhon and Watson in the offseason. Hopefully one similar to them will get waived next month...

But we want one noooooooooow :sobbing:

• Moderators

I agree w/ Mr H that Marv isn't going anywhere purely to get a backup PG. If he does go, though, it'd be to get at least a replacement starting SF as well (thus multi-players from both sides). Won't be the first time a prematurely-drafted lottery pick named Williams got traded for a PG (albeit a starting one) and some depth.

jerrywest could be right too. Although 'very good' PGs getting released by freefalling teams (Devin Harris?) might be a stretch, a more economical option that doesn't disrupt the Hawks' chemistry would be great. It'd be interesting to actually project who such players might be (and if the Hawks would want 'em).

~lw3

He is a strong defender- the problem is when teams ask him to run the point then he can turn the ball over too much. But with the Hawks even playing the Point they aren't going to run the offense through him at all. He was really solid from 3 last season. (.421) but has regressed this year.

This is where the Hawks lack of contract filler is going to kill them. If they had any expiring contract I think the nets would do the trade just to get out of the 500k for next season. But as it stands now the Hawks just don't have the salary to match a straight up trade. The Hawks basically need him to be waived.

I don't know about that. The Hawks spent their last two first rounders on pgs that can't shoot.