• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hard to win when only 3 players show up to play

arhawkfan

Which player had the highest +/- tonite? Give you a clue, he wasn't Joe, Josh, or Jamal. He also had the FEWEST minutes of all the starters and Craw....Bibby went 0-7 and this guy still sat on the bench. only had 2 fouls btw.

Bibby missed two open jumpers early (not even threes) and that is what put us further behind the 8-Ball IMO. Had he made those shots (basically free throws) we would have been in the game early and would have gained some confidence. Let's face it - we are an almost totally perimeter oriented offense. Neither Smoove or Al have any real back down (scare the other team) moves in the paint. You simply aren't going to scare other teams when your center is 6'9" and your PF is 6'8". Not gonna happen.

Might scare Missouri State...but not San Antonio.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Bibby missed two open jumpers early (not even threes) and that is what put us further behind the 8-Ball IMO. Had he made those shots (basically free throws) we would have been in the game early and would have gained some confidence. Let's face it - we are an almost totally perimeter oriented offense. Neither Smoove or Al have any real back down (scare the other team) moves in the paint. You simply aren't going to scare other teams when your center is 6'9" and your PF is 6'8". Not gonna happen.

Might scare Missouri State...but not San Antonio.

Our frontcourt scares most teams with their athleticism. Guys like Duncan and Howard are a rare breed in the NBA.

Marvin tried, that's all I ask for nowadays.

Marvin sucked balls tonight.... They were hacking him every time he was close to the basket and every time they drove at him on the other end he just moved away or he commits a touch foul for and 1... Spurs were just to physical for us and Zaza's, Marvin s soft asses...

• Like 1

Marvin sucked balls tonight.... They were hacking him every time he was close to the basket and every time they drove at him on the other end he just moved away or he commits a touch foul for and 1... Spurs were just to physical for us and Zaza's, Marvin s soft asses...

Marvin was the only Hawk with a positve +/- last night with a +8 in the 23 minutes that he got to play.

That just shows how much attention you paid or how much your hate for Marvin blinds you. Marvin got to the line 6 times too.

JJ played good but I wish he would have taken it in the paint more to draw more fouls. He got to the line ZERO times and Crawford only had 2 FT attempts.

Bibby was 0-7 and Horford was 2-10. Its tough when your best perimeter shooter and post post player are ice cold when the Spurs make you play a half court game.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Marvin's +8 is kind of shocking since he was one of the sleepwalkers who watched the layup drill in the 1st. I guess he was in for our mini run in the 4th. Still if you are going to judge him by stats the rest of his line is pretty weak, but not that much worse than anyone else. I thought we played decent after the 1st. Our defense just sucked inside and out. Our offense wasn't that much worse than any other night but we looked totally lost on defense. Had Parker not gone out I think we were looking at a total blowout.