• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Does every 'elite' team has as many problems as us?

MVP23

we have...

Point Guard issues: Teague not playing, Bibby looking 100 years old.

Coach Issues: Mike Woodson...well, you know

Bench Issues: Other than Craw, our Bench is really average at best...Oh No Mo.

Front Court Issues: ...Zaza is the tallest man on our team (that gets mins). Al goes hard every single game, but last night showed that when he face anyone over 7'0, we are in for a long night. Thats why the Magic own us.

Joe And Craw: Hot and Cold. When they are hot, we can blow teams out, when they are cold, the refuse to pass to anybody, and shoot until their arms fall off.

....There are more, but obviously these are the main issues I see the most on this forum alone....what do you think? I know no team in sports is perfect, but just off the top of my head I named 5 things that would all kill us come playoff time. Do other elites suffer the same problems, or is it just us?

All good teams this year are deeply flawed, so who wins it all is up for grabs. Lakers and Celtics are old and injured, Cavs have no depth and an inept coach, the Magic are a mess.

Of course, that all could change at the deadline. So many big names are up for grabs that things could change dramatically.

I think one of our biggest problems is that we don't have anyone, other than Crawford, can can consistently shoot from the perimeter. Horford is deadly from 15 but that's it. Joe Johnson can get hot and be awesome one minute and cold and greedy the next. Bibby, what can I say? Not starting material and Teague hasn't shown anything. I may be in the minority here but I like Marvin. What I don't like is either his upper body strength or his dislike of contact when under the basket. Many times Marvin will drive and can't or will not get his arms up. Is he just not as strong as the defenders or does he avoid being physical? Josh Smith, IMO, is our best starter. Sometimes he tries to be too cute and screws up though. Horford is solid in all areas and is a close #2 behind Josh if I had to rank them among starters.

It irks me to watch other teams that have 2 or 3 guys that are deadly when shooting the open jumper and we only have Crawford that can shoot it and he doesn't start.

This team wins games through good defense (sometimes) and athleticism. Unfortunately this team has a few glaring problems that I don't believe the athleticism can overcome in the playoffs.

We're not there yet. I think we are close, but not yet.

Players we need next year:

Crawford

Horford

Smith

Williams (with better upper body strength or a sports psychologist)

Teague (an improved version)

We need to acquire a couple of players that can shoot and improve the bench.

Boston - has KG's health and age to worry about

- a banged up bench

- both Allen and Pierce are aging. If it were not for Pierce's 47% 3pt shooting his game would be taking a big step back.

Cavs - Shaq and Big Z'a age and endurance through the playoffs are an issue

- both Mo Williams and West are banged up

Magic - Carter and Lewis are still working on chemistry

- also have poor defense at PG

- Gortat is unhappy there

Lakers - Artest has bad feet

- will this be the 1st year in Bynum;s career that he will be healthy for the playoffs ?

- is this Phil's last year as HC ?

- are also defensless vs. quick PGs

Every teams' fans, except the Lakers, has issues with the coach.

I think one of our biggest problems is that we don't have anyone, other than Crawford, can can consistently shoot from the perimeter. Horford is deadly from 15 but that's it. Joe Johnson can get hot and be awesome one minute and cold and greedy the next. Bibby, what can I say? Not starting material and Teague hasn't shown anything. I may be in the minority here but I like Marvin. What I don't like is either his upper body strength or his dislike of contact when under the basket. Many times Marvin will drive and can't or will not get his arms up. Is he just not as strong as the defenders or does he avoid being physical? Josh Smith, IMO, is our best starter. Sometimes he tries to be too cute and screws up though. Horford is solid in all areas and is a close #2 behind Josh if I had to rank them among starters.

It irks me to watch other teams that have 2 or 3 guys that are deadly when shooting the open jumper and we only have Crawford that can shoot it and he doesn't start.

This team wins games through good defense (sometimes) and athleticism. Unfortunately this team has a few glaring problems that I don't believe the athleticism can overcome in the playoffs.

We're not there yet. I think we are close, but not yet.

Players we need next year:

Crawford

Horford

Smith

Williams (with better upper body strength or a sports psychologist)

Teague (an improved version)

We need to acquire a couple of players that can shoot and improve the bench.

The blatant disrespect of Joe Johnson by a few of you in this fan base, is laughable. To even suggest that we don't need him next year, means that you're satisfied with winning 40 - 45 games next year.

Last night's game illustrated why you need a Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford on the team, taking a lot of shots if need be. It's because they're the only two who can create AND make their own shot..

Smith and Horford are good offensively when they have someone else setting them up for layups and/or open jumpers. JJ and Crawford don't need setting up. They can get their points regardless.

In other words, they take and make "star" type shots. If you don't have players with the ability to do that, you're not going to reach your potential as a team.

The blatant disrespect of Joe Johnson by a few of you in this fan base, is laughable. To even suggest that we don't need him next year, means that you're satisfied with winning 40 - 45 games next year.

Last night's game illustrated why you need a Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford on the team, taking a lot of shots if need be. It's because they're the only two who can create AND make their own shot..

Smith and Horford are good offensively when they have someone else setting them up for layups and/or open jumpers. JJ and Crawford don't need setting up. They can get their points regardless.

In other words, they take and make "star" type shots. If you don't have players with the ability to do that, you're not going to reach your potential as a team.

Joe Johnson at a reasonable price would be fine. Joe Johnson at the price he is going to want would be idiotic for any team. I don't consider JJ one of the "elites". That of course is my opinion.

I think one of our biggest problems is that we don't have anyone, other than Crawford, can can consistently shoot from the perimeter. Horford is deadly from 15 but that's it. Joe Johnson can get hot and be awesome one minute and cold and greedy the next. Bibby, what can I say? Not starting material and Teague hasn't shown anything. I may be in the minority here but I like Marvin.

To suggest that Crawford is the only player that can consistently shoot from the perimeter, means you must have blinders on and only see him and his game alone. You can only measure consistency over a period of time, and looking at the seasons stats for 3 pointers Bibby is shooting 39%, Craw 37%, MO 36%, JJ 35%, Marv 34%. Bibby has fallen off the map recently, because he was shooting over 40%. Taken all shots in account both Joe & Craw are shooting 46%.

Craw is your favorite player, we get that, but you got to have serious blinders to act like Craw is shooting 50% fg and 45% 3 pointers, when in reality his numbers get lost in the bunch with the rest of the guys, average at best.