• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

You don't think that Smoove is the jealous type do you!

Wurider05

I hate to see this all star thing cause any jealousy on our squad. Horf is the second best center in the east. that can't be questioned by anyone. You can can't say that about Smoove. Bottom line. I just hope that Smoove doesn't trip because he seems like the type who will. We are on the verge of something good here. i would hate to see jealousy rear its ugly head and we end up like the Three J's (Dallas) or Rum TMC (Golden State) (only the old school squawkers know about these guys!!)

Smoove needs to play his game but with more aggression now, show them they made a mistake but in a controlled way. If he is out of control, he will just prove them right.

I hate to see this all star thing cause any jealousy on our squad. Horf is the second best center in the east. that can't be questioned by anyone. You can can't say that about Smoove. Bottom line. I just hope that Smoove doesn't trip because he seems like the type who will. We are on the verge of something good here. i would hate to see jealousy rear its ugly head and we end up like the Three J's (Dallas) or Rum TMC (Golden State) (only the old school squawkers know about these guys!!)

I'd love to see him use it as motivation and I do feel bad for him. He deserved to go instead of Pierce.

• Premium Member

Run TMC was broken up by management, not jealousy. The Warriors thought Billy Owens was the one big man they needed in their uptempo system to finally make it to the Finals and traded Mitch Richmond for him which has to be one of the worst trades ever in sports.

Now as for Josh, I do actually worry about him. He's done everything asked of him and he should be rewarded with an All star selection. I don't know if he'd be jealous over Horford but Josh is exactly the kind of cat that can seems to carry chips on his shoulders. I just hope he channels this into something positive.

Let's be honest here: Al got lucky, there are players more deserving than him who did not make it. He just happen to be on a great team. with Smoove only Chris bosh deserved to make it over him. Garnett has done absolutely nothing this year, which is why we need to end fan voting. Now with that said, Smoove has no reason to be jealous, his time will come..

Let's be honest here: Al got lucky, there are players more deserving than him who did not make it. He just happen to be on a great team. with Smoove only Chris bosh deserved to make it over him. Garnett has done absolutely nothing this year, which is why we need to end fan voting. Now with that said, Smoove has no reason to be jealous, his time will come..

Who are these centers more deserving than Al? He's demonstrably better offensively than Noah and Varejao and defensively than Lee. Add in being on a winning team and he definitely deserved to go over those three. If we simply did the logical and ran more plays on offense for him, this wouldn't even be a debate.

If you watch these guys night in night out, you know they have each other's backs. I highly doubt Smith is anything but happy for Horford. If anything, he's probably more annoyed that the fans voted in KG and AI.

Who are these centers more deserving than Al? He's demonstrably better offensively than Noah and Varejao and defensively than Lee. Add in being on a winning team and he definitely deserved to go over those three. If we simply did the logical and ran more plays on offense for him, this wouldn't even be a debate.

If you watch these guys night in night out, you know they have each other's backs. I highly doubt Smith is anything but happy for Horford. If anything, he's probably more annoyed that the fans voted in KG and AI.

I think Lopez is a better center than Al. But the Nets are at the bottom of the league so I knew he wouldnt be named an all star but Al has worked hard..he deserves it still

That is the main reason Horford got in over Smoove. He is a C and Smoove is a F. We can talk all we want about Horf playing out of position. He has been playing C all year. Out of those other C he is the best choice to go. Maybe if the counted Bosh as a C then it would have open a spot up for Smoove. He is listed as a F this year.

Just in case people are too lazy to actually click the link (I know I suffer from this at times) here is the quote.

January 28th, 2010 at 21:56

What’s up yall? First off I want to say congratulations to my teammates Joe Johnson and Al Horford for their selections in the 2010 All-Star game. They both are well deserving and will represent the organization well. Knowing that we at least got 2 in made me feel a little better but I was a little dissapointed intially when I didn’t make it. The coaches made their selections which I do respect, so I have to get in the gym, keep working hard, and do the best that I can to warrant a selection next year. It’s always next year. While it would be nice to be there, I put my team first and made it about “WE” not “ME” and that has lead us to be the #1 team in the division. The team success is far more important than individual accomplishments. I learned as a young man to not worry about things that you can’t control and this is one of those situations. I want to thank all of my fans for the votes, the encouragement, and just being there for me. I love you guys to death and please keep up the support. This WILL be my motivation for the rest of the season.

Just as an aside, despite the hate he's received on this forum, David Lee was also snubbed for the game and came out with a 29 point 18 rebound performance. I await to see Smoove's rebuttal over these next two conference foes :cool:

• Premium Member

I hope Hawks fans give him a nice reception tonight. Not taking anything away from Joe or Al but without Josh this team is less than mediocre.

• Premium Member

I learned as a young man to not worry about things that you can’t control

Classic. He definitely has that maturity that middle age brings to us all.

Not trying to be a as* here but I wonder why he doesn't use this same way of thinking when he's called for a foul.

I really don't think we have to worry about Josh. If there is anything I've seen him do consistently since he's been drafted, its congratulate his teammates, go nuts for his teammates, and talk up his teammates.

As far as whether he should have made the team, that is pretty plainly obvious. Hollinger on ESPN.com thinks that Smith is among the biggest all-star oversights ever. Type in Josh Smith all-star snub in google and you'll see tons of articles (for example, one of Canada's two national papers, the National Post, says that Smith is "the biggest all-star snub of them all." The thing is though, a lot of people wouldn't realize just how important he is to this team without reading this stuff (half the people who are NBA fans wouldn't realize that Josh is one of the best passing PFs in the game right now even though all you have to do to see that is look at his stats). I think that, without a doubt, Josh will try and prove people wrong. I think that without a doubt Josh wants this team to win now more than ever. I just hope he doesn't think he has to score to prove it. If he keeps playing like he's been playing all year, he will prove that he was a HUGE snug.