• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Yahoo Sports on JJ's future...

T21

... I'm surprised that there wasn't greater number of rumors or comments on this subject floating around...

However, we cannot help but to think about possible scenarios. It's always better to be prepared for any situation that might come along, and obvious certainty is that JJ will have his options wide open, and listen to other offers... The thing that scares me the most is eventualy losing JJ for nothing, so I hope our management is on their toes...My link

I honestly don't think he is coming back. Those Chicago rumors won't go away.

I think our chances of re-signing JJ are good, I'd say even 75%... I believe that we can also offer him most lucrative contract.

However, there's one thing that concerns me... There will be at least one or two teams left on the market with huge cap-space, after Bron, Wade, Bosh are gone. Those teams will go ballistic after Joe!

Our management must have a clear understanding of the situation and a prepared game-plan for every eventuality...

P.S. I think that (at the end of the day) Joe will realize that he is a Hawk, that he belongs here... You don't just walk away after 5 years of hard work and huge accomplisments achieved... I guess he is just playing his hand cool to try to get the biggest contract.

Chicago is definitely going to drive that price up to the point that the Hawks will have to think twice before presenting him with a similar offer.

If our management has projections of how the market is going to shape up, they will have to make some decisions, and be prepared for the worse-case scenario... JJ signing elsewhere... by that time Lebron, Wade and Bosh are all gone and we cannot replace JJ with an equaly talented player... that would seriously hurt us and present a devastating blow to our future and all that we have achieved so far...

If our management has projections of how the market is going to shape up, they will have to make some decisions, and be prepared for the worse-case scenario... JJ signing elsewhere... by that time Lebron, Wade and Bosh are all gone and we cannot replace JJ with an equaly talented player... that would seriously hurt us and present a devastating blow to our future and all that we have achieved so far...

The problem is . . . there isn't an equally talented player out there that can replace JJ, that isn't a star player somewhere else. If you trade JJ for 2 complimentary players, that doesn't help us in the long run. Matter of fact, that may hurt us in the long run because of the money added to the books for average or slightly above average players.

We'll definitely suffer if we lost JJ for nothing. But what the potential killer could be right now, are the contracts of Bibby, Zaza and Marvin. You're talking about over 16 million being made between those 3 guys. The better move for the Hawks, would be to move one of those guys, and bring back expiring contracts.

Right now though, competing for a division and then an Eastern Conference crown, should be most important. You trade JJ for a couple of mediocre players, just because you're afraid to lose him for nothing, and you pretty much do more harm than good, in achieving that goal.

We can't be afraid to keep our core ( JJ, Smove, Horford, Crawford ) in tact, and let this thing ride out.

It'll also help if the fans would actually act like that they like Joe Johnson. I hope he doesn't read the message boards and blogs, because the criticizm that he receives amongst Hawk fans could turn him sour toward the bandwagon fan base to begin with. And I hope people aren't in his ear talking about all of the press Crawford gets, taking away a little bit of his shine. Personally, people should be looking at them as a DUO, instead of a JJ vs Jamal type situation.

The fan base needs to create a name for both JJ and Jamal, that people can roll with, so that they'll be looked at as a duo.

The problem is . . . there isn't an equally talented player out there that can replace JJ, that isn't a star player somewhere else. If you trade JJ for 2 complimentary players, that doesn't help us in the long run. Matter of fact, that may hurt us in the long run because of the money added to the books for average or slightly above average players.

We'll definitely suffer if we lost JJ for nothing. But what the potential killer could be right now, are the contracts of Bibby, Zaza and Marvin. You're talking about over 16 million being made between those 3 guys. The better move for the Hawks, would be to move one of those guys, and bring back expiring contracts.

Right now though, competing for a division and then an Eastern Conference crown, should be most important. You trade JJ for a couple of mediocre players, just because you're afraid to lose him for nothing, and you pretty much do more harm than good, in achieving that goal.

We can't be afraid to keep our core ( JJ, Smove, Horford, Crawford ) in tact, and let this thing ride out.

It'll also help if the fans would actually act like that they like Joe Johnson. I hope he doesn't read the message boards and blogs, because the criticizm that he receives amongst Hawk fans could turn him sour toward the bandwagon fan base to begin with. And I hope people aren't in his ear talking about all of the press Crawford gets, taking away a little bit of his shine. Personally, people should be looking at them as a DUO, instead of a JJ vs Jamal type situation.

The fan base needs to create a name for both JJ and Jamal, that people can roll with, so that they'll be looked at as a duo.

I agree!

JJ is unique player that perfectly fits our system.

Edited by T21

Chicago is definitely going to drive that price up to the point that the Hawks will have to think twice before presenting him with a similar offer.

From what I have read on the owners wants concerning the new CBA, a lot of money the players sign for may have to be paid back; similar to the NHL after their lockout was ended. To me that means a front loaded contract would have a lot of pull if the players agent also thinks a large part of the remaining money will be given back.

Negotiations are going to be crazy as hell next season; but as long as our owners are willing to ante up for the 1st season, they may get some of the remaining money back over the course of JJs contract.

Edited by Buzzard

From what I have read on the owners wants concerning the new CBA, a lot of money the players sign for may have to be paid back; similar to the NHL after their lockout was ended. To me that means a front loaded contract would have a lot of pull if the players agent also thinks a large part of the remaining money will be given back.

Negotiations are going to be crazy as hell next season; but as long as our owners are willing to ante up for the 1st season, they may get some of the remaining money back over the course of JJs contract.

Yes, new CBA is another factor... But anyhow, the Bulls will be our prime competitor! Wade is stayin' in Miami, so they will focus cap-space funds on JJ exclusively! Bulls will probably make another move, but via sign & trade (and still have room to offer JJ max.)... to get one of the trio Bosh, Amare, Boozer.