• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Answer is simple, yet complex.

Diesel

Our problem isn't the center posiition. Our problem is we have no ability whatsoever to stop pg dribble penetration. Also our starting pg has no ability to dribble penetrate.

+1

This is where our problems start and end IMO. Its not just that we don't have this in a point guard, its that we have no true penetrators on our team. There is no one that's viewed as a true threat to take the ball all the way to the cup at anytime. The closest we have is Jamal, but he uses his drive really to set up his jumper. A penetrator would put pressure on the interior of a defense (ie Howard) in a way that our bigs can't. It would open the perimeter up for Joe, Marvin, and Jamal. I know this BB101 but it really is a critical piece of our offense that is missing. Bibby was never that type of guard and Teague won't get the PT to develop any confidence this year.

On the other end of the court, dribble penetration is killing us. How many time have you seen the opposing PG (or 2 for that matter), take the ball into the lane forcing our d to adjust. Quite a few times Josh can clean this up (sometimes Al) but this puts his man in perfect position for an offensive put back or a dump off pass. Or the penetrator dishes out after the def collapses and ... SWISH wide open three. The switching defense is only effective if you can stay in front of your man. Bibby can no longer do this on even medeocere PGs now. Its really jeporadizing our team defense.

So to answer your question Diesel, we need a preferably a PG (or a SF) that can attack the hoop with regularity and someone that can defend the PG. Who that is and how we should get him, I leave to you guys. But I do think that he doesn't need to be a starter but he should be able to run a team and handle quality mins.