• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Noah is out vs Hawks ADV HORFORD

Al dominates Noah so I am not sure how much of an advantage this is, but I like how we matchup against Chicago as long as we remember to abuse them in the paint.

Yeah, I remember Al posted 27 (which I believe is his career high) and 17 on Noah last season in Chicago.

• Moderators

Miller is still a good center and the big thing he does is pull Al away from the basket as he is an outside shooting center. It can open up the lanes for Rose.

Many teams would love to have B-Mill as their primary backup C. Regrettably for him, his shooting is at a 12-season career low (41% FG for a 7'0" center). So it'll be easier to keep Al at bay or even provide more help with D-Rose when Miller gets nostalgic and heads outside the paint. And Miller's assist ratios (1.7 assists to 1.1 TOs, over 21 mins per game) are nowhere near his career peak. To be effective tonight, he'll have to mix it up inside, on both ends of the floor, and get the Hawks' bigs in foul trouble (conversely, he's at a career-high at the line, 86% FTs).

~lw3

Rose will be in full attack mode tonight. He'll definitely try to hang 40 on us. Chicago is a jumpshooting team, so as long as we defend decently on the perimeter, we should be OK. This does open the door for Tyrus Thomas to play a little bit more, if he isn't hurt.

Hawks just need to secure rebounds and not play stupidly tonight. The game we lost up there in December was a stupid loss.

• Moderators

Hofo was by no means dominant last night (3 defensive boards, no blocks, 1 FT in 43 mins) and perhaps Miller & Gibson's jumpers pulling Al away was indeed a factor. As he showed with his driving dunk in the 4th quarter, he finally caught on that the Bulls were vulnerable all night on interior defense with Noah out. Marvin (1st half) and Josh (2nd half) filled in the rebounding gap admirably.

I got my 40 Minutes of Brad Miller (and 13 seconds to boot). Miller had an And-1 and a couple opportunistic rebounds bounce his way yesterday. But his effectiveness evaporated by the time the 4th quarter rolled around. He wasn't capable of being Brad Miller circa 2006 (1 missed 3FG, 1 assist, 3 TOs) and was not enough of a threat to either draw fouls inside from Horford (1 PF) or Smoove, or create easy buckets for driving guards (Salmons, Rose) in halfcourt sets.

~lw3