• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Teague is starting to become Acie Law V!

Wurider05

• Premium Member

I can't say if it him or Woody but he is starting to loose his confidence just like Acie did. He is looking just like Acie LAw out there on the court!!

Woody has always been hard on Young PGs. Can you remember a non-vet PG that got playing time from Woody. The only guy was Royal Ivey and he stuck because he was a good defensive guard.

Bibby said that he was going to work with Teague. I say give them time because I don't think Woody will change.

I can't say if it him or Woody but he is starting to loose his confidence just like Acie did. He is looking just like Acie LAw out there on the court!!

Actually his jumpshot has looked a little better in the past few games, in that he was able to hit an open jumper. He was missing those for the most part this year.

• Premium Member

is it IV or V????? I honestly can't remember but he looked much better early on than he does now. I don't know what it is but Young PGs under Woody only get worse.

And right now I'll say something controversial. I think Crawford has hurt his development significantly. Ever notice that Woody always plays Crawford and Teague together? When Crawford is in the game with the 2nd unit 6 times out of 10 he will be the primary ball handler and scorer. I see Teague spending most of his time watching Jamal.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I still dont' get how anyone could blame woodson for Acie and Salim not working out. Even with multiple other coaches those 2 guys still suck- it clearly wasn't woodson's fault that they are lousy players. If they can't help a team its to Woodson's credit that he didn't waste more minutes on them and was able to recognize early on that they weren't able to help a team.

I still dont' get how anyone could blame woodson for Acie and Salim not working out. Even with multiple other coaches those 2 guys still suck- it clearly wasn't woodson's fault that they are lousy players. If they can't help a team its to Woodson's credit that he didn't waste more minutes on them and was able to recognize early on that they weren't able to help a team.

Part of it is because they have years playing under Woodson and because Woodson doesn't develop them under those few years it makes them damaged goods imo. (I'm talking towards Acie because I didn't think Salim will make it in the league)

Acie has had 2 HOF coaches since leaving the hawks and neither of them want anything at all to do with him. Acie isn't damaged goods- he was a terrible draftpick that coaches know can't help a team. Any team that wanted Acie right now could have him basically just by asking for him and throwing some money the BObcats way. I don't get how anyone could think its WOODSON's fault at this point.

There are plenty of times when coaches just didn't like a young player but when they moved on they blossomed- those were coaching mistakes. JR Smith was a coaching mistake- once he got to Denver and got more of an opportunity he did great. Acie Law is an example of someone who didn't have what it takes, and the coach just realized it LONG before the fans did.

Edited by spotatl

Jeff Teague had pretty much a turnover for every assist he had in college- I think people were underestimating how long it would take him to become a legitimate NBA PG.

If his outside shot were better then he could have played more off the ball, but when he needs the ball in his hands then it really limits how many minutes he can get.

Edited by spotatl

I don't think we can blame Woody, fact is Law just wasn't good. If a player has enough confidence, he will make the most of his minutes no matter how little he gets.

Either way, I don't believe he is the same as Acie at all. Teague has a ton more quickness, athleticism, and defensive skills compared to Acie, he just has to work on finishing and his jumper. I'm hoping working with Bibby will help on his jumper and I think he just needs more confidence with finishing at the rim.

He just really needs to put it all together, which we'll see if he does. I think it's still kind of up in the air, but I'll give him until next year.

Edited by AUhawksfan

• Premium Member

His shot has looked a little better here recently, but personally I think he just hasn't had time to prove anything. Unlike other guys who've been trying to prove themselves here though, Teague is actually suited for Woody's offensive "system". He's got great speed and off the dribble game. He'll be fine if he can get that jumper to go down consistently.

• Moderators

Jeff Teague had pretty much a turnover for every assist he had in college- I think people were underestimating how long it would take him to become a legitimate NBA PG.

Teague has 2.5 assists for every turnover in the NBA and has the best A/TO ratio on the team plus leads the team in steal rate. This hasn't been his problem.

IMO they underestimated Craw . They shouldve taken Collinson a senior who is a natural defender and distributor which is NO drafted him to backup Paul . Teague is young and a natural scoring scorer and I dont think where we are at currently as a team is good for his development. We are in a position where for the next 2-3 years it wont be about developing Teague . We took higher ceiling pick who will need more time to develop over the lower ceiling pick who could play and contribute right away.

and NO hes definitely not Acie Law

Edited by Crank

• Premium Member

Looks like the Bobcats are trying to move Acie:

Big Baby Deal Dead? Gary Washburn of The Boston Globe is reporting that the rumored deal yesterday that would have sent Glen "Big Baby" Davis to the Charlotte Bobcats is likely dead. The gist is the talks involving Davis occurred several weeks ago and neither team seemed ready to move suggesting nothing was close, mainly because Boston is reluctant to move Davis and break up the Celtics' front court.

The Bobcats are looking for a front court player before the deadline and have sniffed at not only Glen Davis but at Orlando's Brandon Bass. The Bobcats are offering up second-year guard D.J. Augustin as the meat of any deal, but may be willing to toss in Acie Law or Stephen Graham to make a deal work under the cap.

Law's camp was given permission to talk with teams and while a half a dozen teams expressed interest the Knicks were the team trying to hardest to make a deal.

The Knicks don't have much to offer Charlotte, however there was talk Charlotte might be willing to take on Jared Jefferies in a deal involving Acie Law if there were other considerations included – read that to mean $3 million in cash. A package that includes Law, Augustin and Graham works under the cap, but Jeffries hardly solves Charlotte's front court issues.

I would love to see him reunite with his mentor here in ATL.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Teague does not exist this season. Forget about him. He is next seasons news.

Next year, let's see if Woodson trusts him more and he improves. For now, it should be absolutely obvious that unless Bibby and Craw BOTH go down, we are not gonna see more than 5-8 mpg the rest of the way for Teague (when he plays)