• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Proud of JJ's unselfish play last night

coachx

JJ was 5-9 with 11 points early in the 4th quarter. I was guessing JJ would start chucking up shots in an attempt to pad his ppg stats. Instead he finished the game 5-9 with 11 points.

I was suprised and delighted to see him play team ball, force double teams, and then quickly pass the ball out to the open man. He even set up Crawford with open shots on consecutive possessions. That type of team ball was beautiful to see as our lead got bigger & the road win was sealed.

Edited by coachx

JJ was 5-9 with 11 points early in the 4th quarter. I was guessing JJ would start chucking up shots in an attempt to pad his ppg stats. Instead he finished the game 5-9 with 11 points.

I was suprised and delighted to see him play team ball, force double teams, and then quickly pass the ball out to the open man. He even set up Crawford with open shots on consecutive possessions. That type of team ball was beautiful to see as our lead got bigger & the road win was sealed.

The guy isn't selfish. Hawks fans just hate seeing the guy shoot the ball because he's not flashy enough for them.

• Like 2

JJ still had "flu like" illness. He did the right thing.

Even Mr. Excuse had a good game last night to help out because of JJ being ill.

32 minutes - -7 rebounds - 6/10 shooting & 3/3 free throws - 1 sreal - 1 turnover - 1 block

And, this was not all in garbage time.

Either the Hawks have no clue as to how to draft a point guard - - - Acie Law & now Agent 0

or Woody has no idea about how to develop a point guard - - - Maybe it's both.

Great Win!!!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Moderators

Don't forget Salim. And Royal Ivey.

Salim and Ivey were second round picks that are long-shots by any measure.

Lottery pick PGs should not be such a high risk proposition that you can't get guys who can contribute in 10 mpg.

Lottery pick PGs should not be such a high risk proposition that you can't get guys who can contribute in 10 mpg.

AHF- I agree, the Hawks drafting of guards has been horrible. I do think that after the top 10 the draft is pretty much a crapshoot but there is little excuse for how poorly the talent evaluation on the team has been. I was just pointing out the other recent examples of guards teh Hawks drafted and how they certainly haven't done much either.

Edited by spotatl

• Moderators

AHF- I agree, the Hawks drafting of guards has been horrible. I do think that after the top 10 the draft is pretty much a crapshoot but there is little excuse for how poorly the talent evaluation on the team has been. I was just pointing out the other recent examples of guards teh Hawks drafted and how they certainly haven't done much either.

They haven't done much either, but I expect to see Salim and Ivey become key players in the way I expect Priest Lauderdale or Solomon Jones to become key players. I have a different standard for guys drafted in the lottery or top 20.

No, but a good pass sets up a higher % shot. Assists generally equal more scoring.

Dsinner . . I agree. But here's the point that Rome26 is making. You have to be able to convert the play, in order to get an assist.

Which is a higher % shot? A 10 - 15 foot JJ midrange shot in the lane, that may be contested . . . or a 21 foot jumper by Marvin, a jumper in which he's wide open most of the time?

JJ midrange: 49%

Marvin 21 footer: 35%

That's pretty much what happened in the Orlando game. JJ was passing the ball all over the place, but people were missing jumper after jumper. So if JJ kept the ball, and took a 12 footer in the lane, the likelihood of him making that shot, is greater than those other guys getting open looks from 20 feet.

Rome26 . . . I totally agree with you. JJ isn't selfish at all. They just don't want him taking 20 shots a game for some reason. I guess coachx was expecting him to do what he did against Charlotte, when he started jacking up shots when the game was pretty much over. People should know by now though, that JJ isn't like that. More and more, it truly does look like he did that ONLY to add to his contribution to Haiti via his point total that night.

• Like 1