Let's see:

JJ recovering from flu

Zaza out

Crawford out

Road game

2nd night of back-to-back

Last game before All-Star Break

Bench outscored 45-8

But, of course, the brilliant minds on this board need their scapegoat.

I do understand. They haven't had an opportunity to bash Marvin in well over a week, so some things had been stored up.

Can we say A-P-O-L-O-G-I-S-T? Seriously man, you seem to take people pointing out the obvious very personally. I will personally beg your forgiveness if Marv winds up on another team in the next few years and suddenly finds his game. Until then, I'll stick to the fact that he is not playing well at all and isn't stepping up his game to show his value. Truth hurts.

• Premium Member

Can we say A-P-O-L-O-G-I-S-T? Seriously man, you seem to take people pointing out the obvious very personally. I will personally beg your forgiveness if Marv winds up on another team in the next few years and suddenly finds his game. Until then, I'll stick to the fact that he is not playing well at all and isn't stepping up his game to show his value. Truth hurts.

I'm sorry. All I heard was:

"Ad hominem? False Dilemma. Straw man. Irrelevant conclusion."

Cognitive dissonance.

Marvin is the second coming of Derrick McKey. Flashes of brillance but mostly invisible.

You know, I did a statistical study of Marvin a few years ago, and McKey was one of the most prominent names.

Beasley is heavily rumored for the Amare sweepstakes, can't say Marv having any value for even a player like Caron Butler. Another patented 3-ll, 2-8,/2-9 type performance that has been going on all season.

What happened to the fluid athlete that was flying and dunking over Smoove and Dwight in that EA allstar game? He is still clumsy in year 1 as in year 5.

It's scary Sund seemingly has the same faith in Marv as BK did if that's even possible.

* JJ misses 14 shots ( 10 in a row )

* The bench without Crawford looked like a high school team, including everyone's favorite son

* Horford commits 6 turnovers

* Bibby couldn't hit an outside shot

* And the Hawks defense last night made Dequan Cook look like Reggie Miller

Yet . . . . the focus is on Marvin? . . . . LOL

Yes. The focus is on Marvin because he is supposed to be better than he is. He was taken #2 in the draft based on potential right? When is that potential going to come to fruition? Believe it or not, there are some Hawks fans who would love to be wrong about Marvin and have it start with the 1st game after the all-star break. Do you Marvin apologists actually believe those calling him out right now are doing it with some sense of satisfaction? The reason the focus is on Marvin is because he had an opportunity last night to step up and help his team while they were down a man. He showed us his clutch performance by hitting the side of the backboard on a three and not even getting to the line with a point blank layup in the 4th when we still could have won. That sand must be really comfortable to y'alls heads.

• Premium Member

Okay, so...

...Because Marvin was picked 2nd in the draft 4.5 years ago by a different GM, we are supposed to essentially ignore the fact that the nearly the entire Hawks' team was already on vacation in the 2nd half, got virtually no contribution from their bench, had two players injured, another recovering from an illness, and had just played the night before on the road.

move-on.jpg

Marvin was projected to be an "Al Harrington" Antwawn Jamison type of player. If he was even 75% of those players we'd be the #1 seed right now. I have defended the Marvin over CP3 draft for years but now its just getting ridiculous. Marvin looks to be no better than an avg NBA player.

As far as my suggestion of Baron Davis. It is amazing how players that are supposedly malcontents, high volume shooters and injury prone, become studs when they get into a winning situation.

• Moderators

As far as my suggestion of Baron Davis. It is amazing how players that are supposedly malcontents, high volume shooters and injury prone, become studs when they get into a winning situation.

Those guys like Iverson, Francis, Davis, Rasheed Wallce, etc. do seem to be among your favorite players, JB!