• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Can Hawks get Division Title by end of season?

JJFAN4LF

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As of today, the Hawks are 1.5 games back from the Magic and both teams have the same number of losses(18), but the Magic have played three more games than the Hawks. This is the record for both teams.....

Atlanta Hawks: 33-18

Orlando Magic: 36-18

I've calculated these stats myself and found it pretty debatable on who will win the division.

ORLANDO MAGIC

Total Games Left: 28

Winning % of Teams: .492

West Conf Games: 12

Winning % of W. Teams: .527

East Conf Games: 16

Winning % of E. Teams: .452

Home Games Left: 16

Winning % of Teams: .503

West Conf Games: 8

Winning % of W. Teams: .508

East Conf Games: 8

Winning % of E. Teams: .470

Road Games Left: 12

Winning % of Teams: .492

West Conf Games: 4

Winning % of W. Teams: .565

East Conf Games: 8

Winning % of E. Teams: .435

Back To Back Games: @Washington, vs. Charlotte | @New Jersey, @Toronto | @Dallas, @San Antonio | @Cleveland, @Indiana

ATLANTA HAWKS

Total Games Left: 31

Winning % of Teams: .468

West Conf Games: 9

Winning % of W. Teams: .487

East Conf Games: 22

Winning % of E. Teams: .465

Home Games Left: 14

Winning % of Teams: .496

West Conf Games: 5

Winning % of W. Teams: .498

East Conf Games: 9

Winning % of E. Teams: .475

Road Games Left: 17

Winning % of Teams: .445

West Conf Games: 4

Winning % of W. Teams: .473

East Conf Games: 13

Winning % of E. Teams: .436

Back To Back Games: @Golden State, @Utah | vs.GoldenState, @Miami | @New Jersey, @Toronto | vs.San Antonio, @Milwaukee | @.Cleveland, vs.Detroit | @Charlotte, @Detroit | vs.Toronto, @Washington

So who has the harder schedule on paper?

Good post...............you really did your homework. Hawks can catch Orlando but they have their work cut out for them.

Orlando has 4 more home games then they do away games. "Unfortunatelu, the Hawks have 3 more away games then home games.

Hawks have 14 back to back games left compared to only 8 for Orlando.

I think those things easily trumph the fact that the Hawks opponents winning percentage is 4% lowers then that of Orlando's opponent.

• Premium Member

The second half of the season is always easy because there are a lot of teams that bow out.

Because of that, I think we have a strong advantage because our road games are against teams that should be bowing out. I didn't see any strong back to back games for Orlando though.

A lot of what we will do this year will depend on if we can find a cure for the dreaded big man.

I am hoping that Joe Smith steps up and helps us with the dreaded big man.. but my hopes may be in vain.

Best case Scenerio is:

1. Cavs.

2. Hawks

3. Celtics

4. Magic

5. Toronto

6. Charlotte

7. Chicago

8. Miami

Second round you get:

Cavs vs. Magic?

Hawks vs. Celtics?

Good post...............you really did your homework. Hawks can catch Orlando but they have their work cut out for them.

Orlando has 4 more home games then they do away games. "Unfortunatelu, the Hawks have 3 more away games then home games.

Hawks have 14 back to back games left compared to only 8 for Orlando.

I think those things easily trumph the fact that the Hawks opponents winning percentage is 4% lowers then that of Orlando's opponent.

I agree. The Hawks still haven't figured out how to win back to back games on a regular basis.

I'm liking our chances. Looking back a the schedule, those back-to-back losses to the Knicks and Heat after the back-to-back L's from the LeBrons really hurt, which I guess is evened out by sweeping Beantown. The schedule is favorable from here on out, so onward ho. We might want to find a way to defeat Orlando and Cleveland once and the Warriors deserve a huge payback. I'm sure it has happened, but I'd hate to see the Hawks on that infamous short list of teams who squeaked out their division without having defeated the runner-up once. That would be very wierd, but very telling that th Magic are simply a nightmare match-up for us. The win on opening day last year seems like 5 years ago.

Let's go.

Edited by benhillboy

If we can stay healthy and get hot, we can do it. We just have to show some backbone vs. Orlando.