• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rome

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was listening to the ROME: Lebron and Amare lovefest on the radio today. He thinks if Amare goes to Cleveland, that Cleveland wins it all?

Like Most Media, he believes that Cleveland would have locked up the 3, 4, and 5 matchups...

DId somebody miss what happened in Phoenix last year?

With a Great PG, Grant Hill, Jason Richardson and the Big Shaqtus and Amare.. they couldn't make the playoffs.

That happened with a great PG.

What happens with an above average PG and no SG?

As far as those matchups..

Shaq is old and fat.

Amare is soft.

The Hawks will win the 4,5 matchup against Cleveland.

Who dat... Who dat.. Who dat say they gon stop Craw?

I was listening to the ROME: Lebron and Amare lovefest on the radio today. He thinks if Amare goes to Cleveland, that Cleveland wins it all?

Like Most Media, he believes that Cleveland would have locked up the 3, 4, and 5 matchups...

Rome is such a boob. Amare going to Cleveland would be great for our potential 2nd round matchup. Stoudamire is a huge liability on D that the Hawks could exploit to the fullest.

• Like 1

Wow.

I know Amare is overrated. But do you really think the cavs are better with JJ Hickson than him?

As bad as Amare is on D he has a greater block % and a better rebounding % than Hickson. And against the hawks hickson averaged 5 points and 4 rebounds, vs Amare's 28 points and 14 rebounds.

• Premium Member

The Suns were 46-36 and missed the playoffs by only 2 games with Amare missing 29 games. You sure that's the argument you want to use?

You got Nash, Hill, Shaq, and Richardson... and you only win 46 games.

The point is that Shaq's coattails are not as strong as they used to be. He's not going to carry anybody anywhere. Plus, I don't know if Amare helps?

Amare still played 53 games and averaged 21 and 8.

Shaq = 18/8 in 75 games.

After 54 games this season, Amare = 21 and 8. In fact, his scoring is slightly down.

Shaq = 11/5....

• Premium Member

Wow.

I know Amare is overrated. But do you really think the cavs are better with JJ Hickson than him?

As bad as Amare is on D he has a greater block % and a better rebounding % than Hickson. And against the hawks hickson averaged 5 points and 4 rebounds, vs Amare's 28 points and 14 rebounds.

It's not about Hickson. I think that Amare will keep better defender/rebounders off the floor. If they get him, Smoove will make him cry uncle.

• Premium Member

With a Great PG, Grant Hill, Jason Richardson and the Big Shaqtus and Amare.. they couldn't make the playoffs.

Shaq is old and fat.

Amare is soft.

I stopped at "I was listening to the ROME"

c'mon man! you're better than that

• Premium Member

If you look us "Shock Jock" in the disctionary its a big pucture of Jim Rome.

Is he even on TV anymore on the east coast ?

think he's on around 3. Don't know if the #1 ATL anti-fan (Terrence Moore) still comes on though.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

It's not about Hickson. I think that Amare will keep better defender/rebounders off the floor. If they get him, Smoove will make him cry uncle.

How is it not about Hickson? Amare would get his spot in the starting rotation, as well as some minutes from big Z. Hickson and big Z are not exactly great defenders or rebounders.

• Premium Member

How is it not about Hickson? Amare would get his spot in the starting rotation, as well as some minutes from big Z. Hickson and big Z are not exactly great defenders or rebounders.

I think Amare will dip into Anderson's minutes. Like it or not, Anderson and Big Z did do their job in hurting our rotation. Anderson because he works and Big Z because of his size.

People need to keep it real around here. I know it can't possibly happen, but if we were to acquire Amare without losing Smoove, Horford, JJ, or Crawford, people would be screaming NBA Finals around here.

Gentry tried to play at a slower tempo, and at times force feed Shaq the ball. The problem with that team, was that they weren't equipped to play that style of basketball. You give Lebron a player like Amare, and that's just another weapon that he can pass the ball to. And with Amare, you now have a legit 2nd option type player who you can run with the bench, while Lebron AND Shaq are out the game.

It's not like Shaq is logging a lot of minutes in Cleveland. He played 30 minutes a game in Phoenix, but is only playing 23 minutes a game in Cleveland. Those minutes may even drop a little, if you add Amare to the mix.

Come on now. You're adding a legit 2nd option type player to the Cavs . . who rebounds the basketball . . who is one of the best midrange jumpshooting big men in the game . . who also gets to play off the ball with Lebron James. The ONLY question about Amare, is on the defensive end. He may be compelled to raise his defensive game, much like Crawford has done here ( even if he's still below average defensively ). He's not HORRIBLE defensively anymore.

Let's just all hope and pray that Cleveland doesn't get a Pau Gasol like gift, in a trade that nets them Amare.

• Premium Member

People need to keep it real around here. I know it can't possibly happen, but if we were to acquire Amare without losing Smoove, Horford, JJ, or Crawford, people would be screaming NBA Finals around here.

Gentry tried to play at a slower tempo, and at times force feed Shaq the ball. The problem with that team, was that they weren't equipped to play that style of basketball. You give Lebron a player like Amare, and that's just another weapon that he can pass the ball to. And with Amare, you now have a legit 2nd option type player who you can run with the bench, while Lebron AND Shaq are out the game.

It's not like Shaq is logging a lot of minutes in Cleveland. He played 30 minutes a game in Phoenix, but is only playing 23 minutes a game in Cleveland. Those minutes may even drop a little, if you add Amare to the mix.

Come on now. You're adding a legit 2nd option type player to the Cavs . . who rebounds the basketball . . who is one of the best midrange jumpshooting big men in the game . . who also gets to play off the ball with Lebron James. The ONLY question about Amare, is on the defensive end. He may be compelled to raise his defensive game, much like Crawford has done here ( even if he's still below average defensively ). He's not HORRIBLE defensively anymore.

Let's just all hope and pray that Cleveland doesn't get a Pau Gasol like gift, in a trade that nets them Amare.

Think about their offense:

Lebron Crab Dribbling at the top of the key.

Shaq and Amare down low.

What's different than:

Lebron Crab Dribbling at the top of the key.

Shaq and Anderson down low.

Amare may be a more gifted scorer, but like Shaq, I think his numbers will fall and won't mean much playing next to Lebron.

Lebron had the best mix he could have when he had Big Z, Andersen. Andersen could work down low and Big Z could float high post and perimeter. That spaced the floor for Lebron who really likes to drive. While Amare has more of a midrange game, I don't think him and shaq are a good combo.

Shaq is old and fat.

Amare is soft.

I agree with some of your points..Amare is a damn good player but I dont think it would work out with LeBron, Amare, Shaq, and Mo all on the same team. I want Cavs to make the trade because I think they will fall off a bit if they do it. At the same time, if it does work out and they can figure out how to play well together than that team can be a really good team and perhaps a great team and win it all this year. If anyone can make a team gel, its LeBron..he is a good team player and leader. But I really dont think Amare and Shaq would make a good fit. Why is Cleveland looking to make a big trade when they have the best record in the NBA and on a hot streak?? If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Your Shaq is old and fat comment is old..people been saying that for years but he's still playing well and is gonna be a matchup problem for us if we see them. And no one is fatter than Collins lol Amare is soft?? idk where you get that from..he's far from soft. Like Horford, he's a natural PF but is playing at Center and does a better job at it IMO I would rather have Horford still tho because he's still young and is still learning the game

Wow.

I dont understand how Amare is overrated. He has flaws like every player. No one is saying he is a good defender or a great rebounder but he is an all star and one of the best big man in the NBA. With that said, I do want the Cavs to make a trade for him because I dont think that would work out in their favor and that may benefit the Hawks. But Amare overrated how??

What will the Cavs have to give up to bring in Amare?? That plays an important part in what roster they have left. Dont the salaries have to match to make a trade?? If so, lets say for instance they lose one of their bigs in the process, that helps us out. Varajeo and Ilgauskus are the type of players that get under our skin, if one of them disappears itll be a win for us.

• Premium Member

I agree with some of your points..Amare is a damn good player but I dont think it would work out with LeBron, Amare, Shaq, and Mo all on the same team. I want Cavs to make the trade because I think they will fall off a bit if they do it. At the same time, if it does work out and they can figure out how to play well together than that team can be a really good team and perhaps a great team and win it all this year. If anyone can make a team gel, its LeBron..he is a good team player and leader. But I really dont think Amare and Shaq would make a good fit. Why is Cleveland looking to make a big trade when they have the best record in the NBA and on a hot streak?? If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Your Shaq is old and fat comment is old..people been saying that for years but he's still playing well and is gonna be a matchup problem for us if we see them. And no one is fatter than Collins lol Amare is soft?? idk where you get that from..he's far from soft. Like Horford, he's a natural PF but is playing at Center and does a better job at it IMO I would rather have Horford still tho because he's still young and is still learning the game

I think that Cav team would be more susceptible to being beat by the likes of Orlando and us. First off, you can bring in who you like, they are not stopping Howard. Secondly, if Woody lets our team run, we should be able to carve them up in transition. Moreover, I think Smoove have more good days against Amare than against Andersen V.