• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It's so obvious - the 3

DJlaysitup

It's so obvious that what this team needs is a 3. Sure we can get bye with a "chemistry guy" who scores 5 points in the first quarter and then dissappears...but let's STOP.

STOP I say. We have a 6'9 and 1/2" center who is quick and getting the job done...A 6-8" PF who can jump out of the gymnasium...and a slow footed 6-9" SF who is giving us next to nothing (compared to what others would).

It's so obvious that Bob Rathbun even said it tonight..."Marvin scored 5 in the first qtr...but none since"

C'mon folks! Stop looking at Marvin and start looking at what the SF position should be giving this team. Forget Sund's dumb contract that nobody in their right mind would trade for - Marvin is our new Speedy (except he plays a bit...we are taking Marvin's contract to the grave)...forget the $50 million you p!ssed away Sund. Get us a #3 that can can contribute to the success of this team. kickcan.gif

Edited by DJlaysitup

Our problems are:

ZZ/Joe Smith

Bibby/Teague

On most nights you get nothing from those 4 dudes.

We need a PG and a backup C.

Yes, Marvin IS a problem, BUT those dudes quoted above are our bigger problems. We need to address the backup C and backup PG position before we do Marvin.

lockparty.jpg

LOL mrH . . that dude was a no-show on both ends of the floor last night. It was a pitiful showing. And the way they lost a 5 point lead at the end of that 4th quarter in about 30 seconds, was just horrible. I thought they would be a team that would've made a play for Marvin last summer, but they opted to sign Hedo to the big bucks. That dude has been flat out awful since January 1st.

• Like 1

These Marvin threads are hilarious.

http://www.nba.com/games/20100217/ATLLAC/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0020900801

Marvin had the 2nd best (+/-) of anyone on the roster last night.

For those who only know how to look at ppg they see Marvin as a minus. For those that understand that you can't have 5 scorers on the floor at once, we realize the intangibles a 6'9'' / 240 lb SF brings to our frontline. We have the best perimeter defensive center in the NBA. He can switch out on guards if needed and force them into to a tough shot. The reason we get away with it is that JJ and Marvin our big enough to defend the post without an obvious mismatch for several possesions a game.

Horford, Smith, and JJ were all feeling it last night. Why would you want to take shots away from them ? That is basically what your saying if you want Marvin (or another SF ) to shoot more.

Leave Marv alone................he does a good job in his role. This team is loaded with scorers. All we need is a defensive 7 footer off the bench and a defensive PG off the bench and we are set . We will have to make do with ZaZa / Collins and hope Crawford's scoring out matches the other team's PG production on some nights (until the 21 year old Teague gets older).

There are only 4 teams in the league in a better position then we are in right now. Things are looking pretty good in Hawksville. Sit back and enjoy the ride !

:vacation1:

Edited by coachx
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

For those who only know how to look at ppg they see Marvin as a minus. For those that understand that you can't have 5 scorers on the floor at once, we realize the intangibles a 6'9'' / 240 lb SF brings to our frontline. We have the best perimeter defensive center in the NBA. He can switch out on guards if needed and force them into to a tough shot. The reason we get away with it is that JJ and Marvin our big enough to defend the post without an obvious mismatch for several possesions a game.

Horford, Smith, and JJ were all feeling it last night. Why would you want to take shots away from them ? That is basically what your saying if you want Marvin (or another SF ) to shoot more.

Leave Marv alone................he does a good job in his role. This team is loaded with scorers. All we need is a defensive 7 footer off the bench and a defensive PG off the bench and we are set . We will have to make do with ZaZa / Collins and hope Crawford's scoring out matches the other team's PG production on some nights (until the 21 year old Teague gets older).

There are only 4 teams in the league in a better position then we are in right now. Things are looking pretty good in Hawksville. Sit back and enjoy the ride !

I can't remember the last time I heard a GM talking and he said " well, he doesn't score a lot but he has a very good +/-".... or "We he doesn't score much and his rebounding is very average but his PERs are right up there with the best.".

:snowballfight:

• Premium Member
I can't remember the last time I heard a GM talking and he said " well, he doesn't score a lot but he has a very good +/-"

Daryl Morey, Houston Rockets.

The Hawks need to invest in Marvin defensively. He has the potential to be much better on that side of the floor.

I can't remember the last time I heard a GM talking and he said " well, he doesn't score a lot but he has a very good +/-".... or "We he doesn't score much and his rebounding is very average but his PERs are right up there with the best.".

I can't remember how many opposing coaches and players have said that the Hawks ability to switch on defense without giving up mismatches makes them a tough team to deal with.

You can have your lazy, washed up, and whiny Raasheed Wallace and I'll take Marvin's versility and team chemistry every day of the week.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

I can't remember how many opposing coaches and players have said that the Hawks ability to switch on defense without giving up mismatches makes them a tough team to deal with.

You can have your lazy, washed up, and whiny Raasheed Wallace and I'll take Marvin's versility and team chemistry every day of the week.

My lazy washed up and whiny Rasheed Wallace does more in 23 minutes than Marvin can do all week.

Plus, he can guard Howard and Shaq.

My link

Check out the DHOWard StatLine

Once again.

Edited by Diesel

My lazy washed up and whiny Rasheed Wallace does more in 23 minutes than Marvin can do all week.

Plus, he can guard Howard and Shaq.

Wallace's FG% is worse then Marvin

Wallace's 3FG% is worse then Marvin

Wallace's rebounding is equal to Marvin (which is not good for a center compared to a SF)

Wallace has less defensive flexibility then Marvin

The only thing Wallace does better then Marvin is defend centers in the post............but that is to be expected when you compare a C to a SF. That is a need of ours for sure. However, without Marvin we would have to depend on JJ to burn himself out defending bigger SFs.

If we play the Cavs we are better off with Marvin guarding James.

If we play the Magic we would be better off with Wallace to guard Howard.

However, the fact is a Marvin for Wallace trade will not work under the BYC until July.

This arguement is basically a mute point since the trade is illegal until July any way.

If you want to waiste your time argueing over a trae that does not even work under the CBA then have at it.

Edited by coachx

Daryl Morey, Houston Rockets.

The Hawks need to invest in Marvin defensively. He has the potential to be much better on that side of the floor.

My link

There's a list of teams that have analytical departments, aka guys that study advanced metrics in the NBA. What do they all seem to have in common in terms of their success? Sund also ran one during his days in Seattle so he is not unfamiliar himself.

Stan Van seems to be very fond of his stat guys as well

My link

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

coachx- the trade goes through no problem right now if the Celtics just include Bill walker in the deal.

What trade are you talking about.

List the players you are refering too.

I hope you do not mean Wallace / Walker for Marvin.

Marvin is a BYC..........that would be too much salary. For the last time we can only take back half of Marvin's salary in any trade until July. :shake_puter:

What he said. Some just don't get it.