• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

PANAC!

MaceCase

Even the biggest optimist should raise some red flags over this game. This team (Woody, Crawford technical, Josh going "offense runs through me," Zaza being Zaza, and Bibby's noexistence just pissed this game away. SMH at losing that 18 pt lead in a matter of minutes. Ridiculous...And to think, the teams we will play in the playoffs are much, much better.

It's all preemptive for when the particular losses fade away and all people see is the losing streak.

I'm not panicking...it's just that we are Dooomed....Doooooomed I tell ya....simply Doomed!

Seriously though,Utah has just been smarter than us over the years (and have a better coach/organization). When there is a quality PG available to them in the draft (Deron), they take him. When there is a quality forward available to them in the second round (Milsap), they take him. When a shooter comes available who will fit into their system, they get him. If there's an 8 foot Russian available, they get him.

I hope we beat them but to do so JJ and Craw will have to be cookin.

I'm just glad we play tomorrow night. No time to even let this loss sink in, with a game tomorrow night. A win at Utah erases all of this.

LOL . . now we have to follow up the worst loss of the season, with one of the best wins of the season. Unbelievable that Utah came back and won that game, after looking so terrible in the first half of that game. Beating a red hot Utah team will be a gigantic win.

• Moderators

No it doesn't. There is never an excuse for losing to a 15 win team that only has eight healty players and has a losing record at home. Beating Utah means NOTHING.

How about rather than going to one extreme or another we acknowledge that the bad loss is a bad loss on our record which means something and beating Utah is a good win over a quality playoff team and that means something too?

They are two different events - neither of which needs to cancel out the other.

Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

How about rather than going to one extreme or another we acknowledge that the bad loss is a bad loss on our record which means something and beating Utah is a good win over a quality playoff team and that means something too?

They are two different events - neither of which needs to cancel out the other.

perfect way to see it AHF. It's a long season. No need for players, coaches, or fan to spend too much time on any 1 victory or defeat.

Fourteen or was it sixteen unanswered points - in the 4th quarter.

They couldn't miss and the Hawks couldn't hit = = a formula for disaster.

What happened to the Hawks defense? For a while there, it was non existant.

We know how, go to Josh S. inside didn't work - over and over and over.

His - Me Koby - act didn't work, did it.

I KNOW WHY WE LOST! JEFF TEAGUE PLAYED!

When they went on that 16 - 0 run, how many shots did they miss? Not very many.

Those misses were mostly covered up by a put-back shot. Every time, almost,

that they came down the floor, they scored. Bringing it within one, then they nailed

that three and took the lead.

Pathetic offense for the Hawks during that run. What really bothers me is not the offense

but the defense that couldn't stop anything.

Playing short handed, they had about three good NBA players and the rest, according to

the announcers, were second round picks and D League players to fill out the roster.

Atlanta, on the other hand, is a veteran team, having played together for several years

under the same coach and 4th in the east.

Yet, last night, the veteran Hawks team were the one playing in the panic mode.

Go figure.

:help wanted3:

• 2 weeks later...

During those final 26 seconds I thought Woody a fool for not fouling and forcing the Knicks to make freethrows, extending the game rather than letting them run the clock down and risking only having 2 seconds to rebound and score the ball.

Instead, Woody showed me to be a fool myself for he foresaw Toney Douglas making a rookie mistake and trying to score early in the clock against the defensive prowess of Jamal Crawford.