• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What happened to "FOCUS" theme?

JackB1

I thought the theme after the AS break was "FOCUS"????

We had absolutely ZERO focus in the 2nd half of that game last night. I just can't figure out how

we can look SO GOOD thru 3 quarters and then SO BAD in the 4th? Are the starters fatigued?

Maybe Woody needs to give the bench more time in the 1st 3 qtrs so they are fresh in the 4th?

Edited by JackB1

What? Give the entire bench some playing time? Rest the starters enough so they will be fresh in the 4th?

Surely, you jest. Everyone KNOWS that would cause the Hawks to lose. Don't say it. It was an accident.

Starters weren't suppose to lose last night.

Focus theme went away and Panic theme - - from a group of veterans - - took the day.

If Woody had his way, Hawks would need to dress six players. Any other players are a nice decoration for the bench.

:cant believe:

• Moderators

Woody's stubborness to stay with a plan that isn't working is frustrating to say the least.

This sums up my feelings on Woody completely. He's not a bad coach but this is a bad trait. When we are winning its 'look we won the game that's all that matters' and when we are losing its 'i couldn't afford to change anything because we were behind'

That said, the Golden State loss i place squarely on the players. They looked like punks out there and got schooled by the youngest, smallest, ballingest guy on the court. If its the playground, Hawks go home being laughed at.

Did the bench play well last night?

We can't have it both ways. It was the starting 5 that built that lead in the 3rd. Teague came in and did a good job at the end of the 3rd quarter. With us being up 17 going into the 4th quarter, I think most people expected that the bench was going to get extended minutes.

Then, with JJ and Horford out, Golden St scored 7 pts in 2 minutes, and Woody subs. Woody's fatal mistake though, was leaving in Zaza until the 7 min mark. In that 4th quarter, Zaza sucked. Crawford uncharacteristically sucked. Smoove sucked. And Marvin was a non-factor in the 4th. Teague had to be subbed out, just to get JJ back into the game ( although I guess Woody could've subbed out Marvin )

So while people say "play the bench", what do you do when the bench players play like crap? And to be honest folks, they've been playing like crap all year. So it's like Dennis Hopper in the movie "Speed" . . . . .

(( talking like Dennis )) "Pop Quiz HOTSHOT . . . You have a so-called "deep bench" that plays like crap 75% of the time. You want to get the starters rest, but even if you sub for 2 of them, the team may totally collapse both offensively and defensively.

Now what do you do? What do you dooooooooooooo?"