• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trying to force Horford/Smoove to be post scorers is right for development . . .

TheNorthCydeRises

I really do not see the relation, New Jersey is a really bad team. There are a bunch of weak spots to attack more often than even Lopez's weak defense. I disagree with your assessment.

Let's take a closer look at the stupidity of this post. The fact is that Horford has consistently had his best games against bad teams with a weak defense.

He just scored 26 against GS

24.5 ppg vs Indy

23.5 ppg vs the Clips

21 ppg vs NY

The bad team argument makes no sense because Horford does much better against bad teams.

He's doing what is expected of players who end up in the wrong system for the wrong coaches for their skillset. Besides you should read the fine print, it's says that he has the potential but NEEDS to be in a system that matches his skillset. Somehow you always forget that part. The part that I have a great history of being accurate as well.

LOL you were the biggest Josh Smith hater on the board.

The Hawks don't have a system. They pretty much let players do what they want. The problem with Horford is that he wants to be a back to the basket player and he sucks at it. He needs to be a face up player and he has had success when he has tried it.

The Hawks don't have a system. They pretty much let players do what they want. The problem with Horford is that he wants to be a back to the basket player and he sucks at it. He needs to be a face up player and he has had success when he has tried it.

Another frustrating thing is that our team plays people out of position more than we should. I guess Woody doesn't have much choice with Horford but even Hubie (I think) made the point on the air that Al's natural position is PF. It's one thing when we argue about it on the forum, but when the experts consistently say the same thing. If we were able to get Al at PF maybe he could be more of a face up player.

Add to that the JJ at PG experiment some years ago and now the Craw at PG experiment.

Another frustrating thing is that our team plays people out of position more than we should. I guess Woody doesn't have much choice with Horford but even Hubie (I think) made the point on the air that Al's natural position is PF. It's one thing when we argue about it on the forum, but when the experts consistently say the same thing. If we were able to get Al at PF maybe he could be more of a face up player.

Add to that the JJ at PG experiment some years ago and now the Craw at PG experiment.

Playing center only hurts Al on defense where he frequently gets overpowered. On offense it doesn't matter much. He just isn't a good back to the basket player regardless of what position he plays.

LOL you were the biggest Josh Smith hater on the board.

I am no longer a hater of his game. I haven't been since he signed the extension. He is a good back to the basket player v. PF's and weak defensive C's.

We do have a system, it's Iso with a strong blend of the high pick n roll.

Edited by nbasuperstar40