• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

After watching last nights game I figured out why JJ's assists are down

arhawkfan

That's pretty keen to realize that, as I'm sure stats will back that up. I was never a Bibby basher because his head is much more important than his body right now, but dammit man. You sit there for 10, 20 minutes, and realize that he's barely in the building. He's doing nothing but clearing his man out of space by running (or limping) off screens and faking threes to pass off to worse shot selections because with over a decade of service, he still has doubt in his jumper. With his pedigree, he should be embarrassed with his stat lines lately. If I saw him driving a Rolls Royce down Peachtree I would clown the hell out of him. Now he can laugh at Marvin as well as himself. Here's to hoping he picks it up. There was a post about Sund calling out Marvin, but calling out Bibby would seem more productive. He has much more pride and I'm sure Sund goes crazy in his box watching Bibby because he has seen him play well countless times on the west coast between Arizona to Sactown, and the guy we have now is not remotely recognizable.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

That's pretty keen to realize that, as I'm sure stats will back that up. I was never a Bibby basher because his head is much more important than his body right now, but dammit man. You sit there for 10, 20 minutes, and realize that he's barely in the building. He's doing nothing but clearing his man out of space by running (or limping) off screens and faking threes to pass off to worse shot selections because with over a decade of service, he still has doubt in his jumper. With his pedigree, he should be embarrassed with his stat lines lately. If I saw him driving a Rolls Royce down Peachtree I would clown the hell out of him. Now he can laugh at Marvin as well as himself. Here's to hoping he picks it up. There was a post about Sund calling out Marvin, but calling out Bibby would seem more productive. He has much more pride and I'm sure Sund goes crazy in his box watching Bibby because he has seen him play well countless times on the west coast between Arizona to Sactown, and the guy we have now is not remotely recognizable.

You talk a lot of sh!t about the players on a blog, but seriously - watch what happens if you try to clown Bibby in person. Team Dime is still around.

Its Bibbys fault. He misses all the time now. Joe will kick it out and then we get a brick.

Bibby and Marvin's fault. Neither guy has hit the open shot this year with consistency, when JJ swings the ball to them. Those are the 2 guys in which JJ used to rack up assists from.

It's like when Lebron has a low assist game, it's usually not because he's shooting a lot. It's because those other guys are missing wide open jumpshots.

@ benhillboy:

JJ in 2009 averaged 5.8 assists per game. He averaged 2 assists per game by people making a three point shot.

In 2010, JJ averages 4.6 assists per game. His three point assist number is down to 1.4 a game. This correlates directly with Bibby missing shots and with him not taking 3 point shots.

It's also interesting to see that in 2007 and 2008, JJ averaged 1.8 and 1.9 assists per game on jumpers made from 16 - 23 feet ( long range 2 pt shots ). In 2009 and 2010, JJ only averaged 1.3 and 1.2 assists per game from long jumpers.

Who was the main guy shooting those types of shots outside of JJ? Marvin Williams.

In 2007, he shot 43% FG on the long 2 point jumper.

In 2008, he shot a whopping 45% FG on the long 2 point jumper. ( NOTE: Crawford this year is shooting 45% FG on the long 2 pt shot )

In 2009, Marvin was still a pretty good 41% FG on the long 2 pt shot.

But in 2010, Marvin's shooting from that range has dipped all the way down to 34% FG.

The "useless" shot that people hated around here from him ( the 20 - 22 foot jumper with him just inside the 3 point line ), is the shot we could desperately use from him right now. And maybe he is starting to abandon the 3 point shot. He's only taken 7 threes this month in 9 games, making only 1. But for the month, he's shooting 48.6% FG, which if it holds up, would be the highest FG% in a month this season for him.