• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The ASG will only spend money on players who they think will make a differences

Blunt91

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/02/25/ilgauskas-gets-release-from-wizards-atlanta-hawks-line-up-to-make-pitch/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

After reading this article from yesterday it is my conclusion that the owners do not have a problem spending money if they think the person is worth it. Probably most of you have read yesterday's article, but not the part at the end. They have no desire to sign Larry Hughes or Mickey Moore, probably because they don't feel they will make much of an impact on this team.

http://blogs.ajc.com...fid=blogs_hawks

After reading this article from yesterday it is my conclusion that the owners do not have a problem spending money if they think the person is worth it. Probably most of you have read yesterday's article, but not the part at the end. They have no desire to sign Larry Hughes or Mickey Moore, probably because they don't feel they will make much of an impact on this team.

While I applaud them for not wanting to just sign someone for the hell of it, I don't think they should turn their noses up at Mikki Moore if he's healthy because he's become a pretty solid backup center and provides energy and mental toughness. Plus in the last 5 seasons he's shot 57% or better in 4 of the 5 seasons and that 1 season under was at 52% so he's quite capable of quality offense as well.

Of course my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice for us to sign is Big Z but I'm highly skeptical that we'll be able to sign him.

While I applaud them for not wanting to just sign someone for the hell of it, I don't think they should turn their noses up at Mikki Moore if he's healthy because he's become a pretty solid backup center and provides energy and mental toughness. Plus in the last 5 seasons he's shot 57% or better in 4 of the 5 seasons and that 1 season under was at 52% so he's quite capable of quality offense as well.

Of course my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice for us to sign is Big Z but I'm highly skeptical that we'll be able to sign him.

Moore is better than ZaZa...But then again, most are. Zaza has only scored double figures 3 times this season. OUCH

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Jason Kidd made Mikki Moore a lot of money a few years back. Dude is basically garbage. IF he can't come in and play ahead of Zaza or Joe Smith, I see why the ASG doesn't make a move to bring him in. For his size, he is really a poor rebounder. As for Larry Hughes . . . ugh. Only if he has in his contract that he must not try to be a playmaker or shoot the ball beyond 15 feet.

• Premium Member

Rafer Alston I thought could help when he was bought out. Z could help a TON. But I don't see the point of bringing someone like Hughes or Mikki Moore. And I don't want mike James either- he is done.

It's too bad that the Clips decided to hang onto Gooden for the rest of the year, although it makes sense that they might want a vet big man to steady DeAndre Jordan. But he would have been a nice pickup.

There are no other buyout guys who I think would get PT under Woody, barring serious injury. Brian Cook and Cardinal are no better than the guys already at the end of our bench. Larry Hughes would be useful if Jamal's shoulder injury ends up forcing him to miss significant time, but otherwise he's just a less efficient version of Flip who has decided playing good D is no longer worth the trouble. And sorry Dolfan, but I disagree that Mikki Moore could help, because I think Woody still would prefer JoeS to him in terms of what he likes from a PF/C (rebounding, defense, and the open 12-footer).

Free agents who could help...well, really just Antonio Daniels and Brevin Knight, but I don't think Woody would play them either. I hope some more guys get bought out who aren't on the radar right now, because otherwise there just isn't much of use out there.