• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HUGE WIN! v. Bucks

frankthetank966

We can out with some energy and were ahead by 10 pts then let Salmons and the Bucks take over until late in the fourth. What a big win. We needed this one to keep pace for the race.

Yeah FT - all wins count - it looked desperate there for a minute or so. When Marvin backed off on Ridnour and Ridnour hit the three in OT I was thinking "OMG", we are the stupidest team in the world! You got a killer shot blocker inside (Smoove) and you back off a known 3-point shooter?

Thankfully Smoove and AL did some work on D and JJ made some difficult shots.

Yeah FT - all wins count - it looked desperate there for a minute or so. When Marvin backed off on Ridnour and Ridnour hit the three in OT I was thinking "OMG", we are the stupidest team in the world! You got a killer shot blocker inside (Smoove) and you back off a known 3-point shooter?

Thankfully Smoove and AL did some work on D and JJ took some difficult shots.

Edited by MVP23

• Premium Member

Crawford was terrible down the stretch. Just throwing that out there.

This is the same ole BS.

down the stretch.. let's take that to mean 4th period and overtime.

IN that time.

Crawford missed 4 shots. Made 3 assists. Hit 7 of 8 free throws in a tight game.

Is that terrible?

This is the same ole BS.

down the stretch.. let's take that to mean 4th period and overtime.

IN that time.

Crawford missed 4 shots. Made 3 assists. Hit 7 of 8 free throws in a tight game.

Is that terrible?

The free throws and assits are good stats. But he was not shooting the ball from the floor well. So i guess thats what i should have said. My bad. You are right, he did make a lot of clutch free throws at the end. but the final two didnt really matter.

Good thing JJ TOOK some tough shots because Atlanta probably would have lost had he not. You guys find ways to discredit JJ when in reality those are the type of shots he makes all the time.

JJ was 10-26....He took 13 more shots than Josh to score 2 more points. Before he hit those 3 in a row, JJ was 7 of 23....he's part of the reason the Bucks were close in the first place. Please remember he missed the last shot in the 4th that should have won the game. Before those 3 makes in a row, he was shooting 30.4% from the floor.

Just give credit where it's due. 22 points, 15 boards, 6 assists from your Power Forward. Your Center scored 17/10 while holding bogut to 14/9. JJ's 3 iso, score at all costs shots in OT should never have happened. your 3 main guards were 15 of 48 from the field for 42 points. People shooting a combined 31.25% from the field should not be taking 53.3% of your shots. The rest of the team was 24 of 42. That's who you should be thanking.

We need a flippin bench Sund!!!!!!! We can't keep relying on starters to play lights out every night to maintain pace in the east. Sign Hughes and drop someone you aren't using!

Its amazing how every announcer talks about how great this rookie class of point guards is going to be because of the way they are developing right now. Yet the only thing our rookie has learned to do is warm a mean bench. Did anyone see the way collison was taking it to kid and barea today and orchestrating the offense for the hornets? Even though Lawson is on a contending team, do you see how he contributes to the nuggets? I know Teague is talented because we have all seen flashes but Woody is killing this kid.

• Premium Member

JJ was 10-26....He took 13 more shots than Josh to score 2 more points. Before he hit those 3 in a row, JJ was 7 of 23....he's part of the reason the Bucks were close in the first place. Please remember he missed the last shot in the 4th that should have won the game. Before those 3 makes in a row, he was shooting 30.4% from the floor.

Just give credit where it's due. 22 points, 15 boards, 6 assists from your Power Forward. Your Center scored 17/10 while holding bogut to 14/9. JJ's 3 iso, score at all costs shots in OT should never have happened. your 3 main guards were 15 of 48 from the field for 42 points. People shooting a combined 31.25% from the field should not be taking 53.3% of your shots. The rest of the team was 24 of 42. That's who you should be thanking.

Anybody notice the inside passing game between Horf and Smoove?

Horf to Smoove out of the high post.

Smoove to Horf out of the high or low post.

For some reason, I still cringe when I see Smoove wind up to pass, but he makes some good ones so I have to give him credit.

You must be a little child or you're having Smoove's baby. I never took credit from Smoove. He played a great game and kept the Hawks in it. JJ was definitely cold last night but he has shot the ball very well this month. Had he simply stopped shooting because he was off all night, the hawks lose. You're retarded if you think Smoove or Horford would have won the game with the offense going through them.

:question:

All Hawk guards couldn't score?

Jeff played 7 minutes, went 2-3 for 4 points. Don't throw him under the bus wirh the others.

But, all this was in the firt half, wasn't it? Guess he can't do well enough to see the floor

in the second half.

Oh, well. Hawks win was great. :cool:

• Moderators

Anybody notice the inside passing game between Horf and Smoove?

Horf to Smoove out of the high post.

Smoove to Horf out of the high or low post.

For some reason, I still cringe when I see Smoove wind up to pass, but he makes some good ones so I have to give him credit.

I've said for several years now that I think Horford and Smith could be effective passing the ball on the interior in much the same way that Chuck Hayes and Erik Daniels did for Kentucky when they were #1 but lost to Dwayne Wade in the NCAAs a few years ago. Both those guys are superior passers, solid ballhandlers and plus passers for a PF/C combo.

You must be a little child or you're having Smoove's baby. I never took credit from Smoove. He played a great game and kept the Hawks in it. JJ was definitely cold last night but he has shot the ball very well this month. Had he simply stopped shooting because he was off all night, the hawks lose. You're retarded if you think Smoove or Horford would have won the game with the offense going through them.

Why is that? They pass the ball in the post better than our guards, even crawford, without penetration. They just simply share the ball VERY well together. The only time our guards look for our bigs (Josh at least) is when it is an alley. Horford has been getting more touches in the post, but I wouldn't mind more back door screens for our guards from the high post, Josh is excelling at this.

THANK YOU!!!!! Somebody gets it! Joe was god awful in the 4th Q. He took horrible shot after horrible shot.....clank. The ONLY reason we where even close was because of Smoove and Horf. Then he dribbled for 19 seconds, and shot a fadeaway 24 footer at the buzzer. Is that the best shot we can get? I'm glad we won, but if it comes down to that in the playoffs we have no shot.