1.6 bpg

Out freaking standing.

Just for kicks....last 10 games

19.3 ppg

10.4 rpg

5.6 apg

2.5 spg

1.4 bpg

Them's crazy stats right there. What's our record look like in the last 10 without him?

He has to be ticked off that he missed the all-star game. Too bad most of the other players don't want to help him out.

19.8 ppg

12.4 rpg

6.2 apg

2.0 spg

1.6 bpg

Out freaking standing.

Just for kicks....last 10 games

19.3 ppg

10.4 rpg

5.6 apg

2.5 spg

1.4 bpg

Them's crazy stats right there. What's our record look like in the last 10 without him?

Just as bad if not worse if JJ missed the last 10 games.

Josh should be getting 20/10 every night. When he plays with his head and within himself, he can put up stats like this pretty easily.

Only thing that's still bugging me is he is dribbling the ball up the court even more lately. I think he would be much better off

passing to one of the guards and then taking off for the basket.

Edited by JackB1

He has been playing excellent lately but Team MVP is a player that you can give the ball to in the clutch. I would not want the ball in his hands at the end of the game

Dwight Howard is the Magic's team MVP and they don't want the ball in his hands in the clutch...Kevin Garnett is the team MVP and they give the ball to PP or Ray Allen in the clutch....JT get the ball in the club from time to time in the clutch for Dallas and he is not the team MVP...Tim Duncan is the team MVP but Ginobli (more than likely) gets the last shot....your perception of team MVP is being misconstrued with best shooter or clutch shooter...MVP is most VALUABLE player, not clutch shooter or whatnot...the thing that makes Josh the MVP in my eyes is the MANY things and INTANGIBLE things that he brings to the table...Joe brings scoring and clutch shooting (sometimes, the choke in the playoffs at the line was HORRID and still haunts me) and passing...Josh brings that and more

And before you bring up the double teams Joe face...hell, half the time he dribbles into the double team or hold the ball so long that they do double team and Joe also gets plenty of one on one....all is this is not to say that Joe isn't our best player because he ARGUABLY is or that Joe isn't good...it's to say that Josh is the MVP, at least this season

BTW...if we have to pay Joe the max to keep him...PAY IT!! He is worth an extra 2-3 million a year difference than going back to middle of the pack or worse [and this is not to say that the Hawks can't maintain above average without Joe...I just don't won't to test it or experience it]

• Like 2

It's scary to think that he could actually get better.

Good grief...

And that he is getting better...his FT has been a major difference maker on the '10 side of the basketball season and his jumper is improving....I don't mind seeing him take about 2 open jumpers a game, especially in rhythm and with confidence, but I think his passing and ball handling have taken major strides as well

He saved our butts last night, that's for sure. He's putting up young Kevin Garnett type numbers lately. Other than the bad 4th quarter at Golden St, he's been outstanding lately. The most important thing he's doing, is making a commitment on the boards. Him averaging over 10 rebs over those past 10 games is the most important stat to me.

Keep it up Smoove. With other people struggling, we definitely need this type of play out of you.

He saved our butts last night, that's for sure. He's putting up young Kevin Garnett type numbers lately. Other than the bad 4th quarter at Golden St, he's been outstanding lately. The most important thing he's doing, is making a commitment on the boards. Him averaging over 10 rebs over those past 10 games is the most important stat to me.

Keep it up Smoove. With other people struggling, we definitely need this type of play out of you.

Me too. It is inexplicable to me that Smith can average only 6.4 rebounds in a month, which he did in Dec. Nice to see him pick up his effort on the boards.

The fact that his best play is coinciding with arguably the most disappointing stretch of our season isn't a great case for MVP.

Smoove has been playing great all year long, so don't try to downplay his accomplishments just because other guys are not stepping up right now..

Al and Smoove are THE ONLY players on the team who want to fast break. The guards sure don't... That is why they bring the ball up so much. Smoove is the best passer on the team anywayz..

He most definitely isn't. Joe and Bibby both throw better passes than he does. Crawford does as well. Josh Smith gets assists, but he gets them mainly because the defense collapses on him when he gets the ball in the lane.

Smoove has been playing great all year long, so don't try to downplay his accomplishments just because other guys are not stepping up right now..

No he hasn't. If he had been playing great the WHOLE year he would have been an All Star.

Dwight Howard is the Magic's team MVP and they don't want the ball in his hands in the clutch...Kevin Garnett is the team MVP and they give the ball to PP or Ray Allen in the clutch....JT get the ball in the club from time to time in the clutch for Dallas and he is not the team MVP...Tim Duncan is the team MVP but Ginobli (more than likely) gets the last shot....your perception of team MVP is being misconstrued with best shooter or clutch shooter...MVP is most VALUABLE player, not clutch shooter or whatnot...the thing that makes Josh the MVP in my eyes is the MANY things and INTANGIBLE things that he brings to the table...Joe brings scoring and clutch shooting (sometimes, the choke in the playoffs at the line was HORRID and still haunts me) and passing...Josh brings that and more

And before you bring up the double teams Joe face...hell, half the time he dribbles into the double team or hold the ball so long that they do double team and Joe also gets plenty of one on one....all is this is not to say that Joe isn't our best player because he ARGUABLY is or that Joe isn't good...it's to say that Josh is the MVP, at least this season

BTW...if we have to pay Joe the max to keep him...PAY IT!! He is worth an extra 2-3 million a year difference than going back to middle of the pack or worse [and this is not to say that the Hawks can't maintain above average without Joe...I just don't won't to test it or experience it]

That's a flawed argument. Big men hardly ever get the last shot. Just to clarify things too..I would say PP is Celtic's MVP. Although they were beaten last year in the playoffs w/o KG, they were still playing good basketball. Correct me if I'm wrong, but PP also won Finals MVP the year they won a championship. Bottomline the goal in basketball is to score the most points, and JJ is our best scorer. He makes everything easier for our players on that end of the court. Couple with that with the fact that he's our best perimeter defender, it's head scratching how people think Josh Smith is more valuable than our 4 time All Star.

Edited by EazyRoc

The month of Feb.

18.6 ppg on 13 fga per game/55.4% (nice)

10 rpg

5.4 apg (nice)

1.4 bpg

2.3 spg (nice)

67% free throw (decent)

Marv is not rebounding, JS blocking numbers/block attempts are down and that's basically why he's getting to boards as of late.

• Like 1