• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin leads the Hawks to victory

exodus

Marvin with 21/8 shooting 8-12 from the field, 5-6 from the line. He also punk'd Thad Young defensively, including a block on Young's dunk attempt. Marvin has been looking to score inside more lately with good results.

Knowing Marvin, he probably just woke up one day and decided to avg 20 and 10.

look i'm not pro or anti- marvin. afterall this isn't a political forum.

What I will say is if Marvin can bump his game up to where he can give the Hawks almost 20 points a night we instantly become a Finals contender. I say that understanding that Marvin is at best the 4th option on the team. But if he can make the most of his touches by getting to the line (and yes he had some bailout calls tonight but he always does) the Hawks can do something in the playoffs.

MY issue with signing and starting Big Z - Smoove can't defend the 3 against the better teams. You can hem and haw all you want but Marvin is a far superior perimiter defender than Smoove just as Smoove is far superior around the basket.

"Money Midrange" did his thing tonight. This was the Ruben Patterson version of Marvin tonight. Slash and burn on offense . . . Bump and grind on defense. Great game from him tonight.

And I agree with gsuteke. If by some miracle we get Big Z, do not start him. Bring him off the bench, to prevent Smoove from playing significant minuts at the 3. Keep Marvin in that starting lineup.

Okay. Here's the thing - if we're gonna ask the "haters" to stop freaking out everytime he has a poor game, the "huggers" shouldn't freak out every time he has a good game...

25 cents.

The ratio of negative to positive threads about Marvin is probably about 20 to 1.

6639.jpg

Marvin has been looking to score inside more lately with good results.

yeah this seems to be his new strategy and it's a good one. he'll probably still struggle against teams w/ a little more inside presence since he ain't the greatest finisher inside, but it's much better than the nothing-but-jumpers Marvin. seriously, he couldn't have taken more than 2 or 3 shots outside the lane all night. well done Marv.

• Premium Member
So do you really think people will suddenly stop bashing Marvin due to principle

Nope, but the argument typically used against the "Marvin bashing" threads is based on principle. I would assume those people would be interested in consistency.

Nope, but the argument typically used against the "Marvin bashing" threads is based on principle. I would assume those people would be interested in consistency.

It's okay to just be "wrong" once.

Can't we all just get along? Give the guy props for a hell of a game.

Lets go Marvin. I even put that in the Real thread about who we need to step up. We are another team if Marvin can continue his new found fire.