• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Our veteran all star, JJ

Gray Mule

:stirthepot:

Joe Johnson has proven deadly beyond the arch since the all star break. 36 points on 30 shots!!

In those games he has had 1.89 turn over per game.

However, he is just barely ordinary when we take away those 3's. Yeah, I know. It is the total results

that we are looking for. Yet, there is cause for concern.

When shooting inside the arch in these 9 games,- - 133 shots / 43 points. That's 32% shooting. Not good.

Is he being stopped inside? Double teamed? Are they ALL hard shots inside the arc?

If our opponents game plan is to stop JJ in order to win, it ain't working!!

GO HAWKS!!!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

funny thing from last night

Joe pulls up and and goes all net for 3

Joe pulls up on the following possession and clanks it off the rim

Nique follows up by saying: "Now dem the kind of shots you don't want"

yet Jamal Crawford tricky dribbles himself into 1 turnover and 2 successive offensive fouls and Nique acts as if nothing happened.

First of all, I think that opponents make defensive adjustments as the season goes on and mos'def' JJ is always in the main focus. They change their approach, throw different stuff at JJ and try to make him work even harder...

However, JJ has always been rock solid and I think this is just small bump in the road, or he's maybe experiencing some small injury problems or even fatigue...

Edited by T21

funny thing from last night

Joe pulls up and and goes all net for 3

Joe pulls up on the following possession and clanks it off the rim

Nique follows up by saying: "Now dem the kind of shots you don't want"

yet Jamal Crawford tricky dribbles himself into 1 turnover and 2 successive offensive fouls and Nique acts as if nothing happened.

Ha I'm constantly thinking things like that with Nique as he'll get all over the opposing team saying how that's a bad shot or a bad possession and then the Hawks come down and take an equally bad shot or worse and if they make it it's all roses but if they miss it's usually crickets. By quality possession and good shot standards I'd say the Hawks are probably near the bottom of the league since we run so many ISO plays but when it's working it's hard to complain about.

• Premium Member

You get 20 a game from Joe and that's it, nothing else.

We get drivel and hating on Joe from you and that's it, nothing else.

Edited by niremetal

:stirthepot:

Joe Johnson has proven deadly beyond the arch since the all star break. 36 points on 30 shots!!

In those games he has had 1.89 turn over per game.

However, he is just barely ordinary when we take away those 3's. Yeah, I know. It is the total results

that we are looking for. Yet, there is cause for concern.

When shooting inside the arch in these 9 games,- - 133 shots / 43 points. That's 32% shooting. Not good.

Is he being stopped inside? Double teamed? Are they ALL hard shots inside the arc?

If our opponents game plan is to stop JJ in order to win, it ain't working!!

GO HAWKS!!!!

It's his long midrange shot that's off recently.

Since the All-Star break, he's 16 - 49 FG from that range ( 33% ) . . .the last 5 games, he's shooting 5 - 29 FG ( 17% ) from that area. Last night, he was 1 - 6 from that area. So you're definitely right in noticing what you did.

His shots in the paint are fine though:

at rim: 21 - 35 FG ( 60% )

<10 FT: 20 - 33 ( 61% )

10 - 15 FT: 8 - 16 ( 50% )

Like how Crawford falls in love with the 3 at times, JJ falls in love with that 18 - 20 footer at times. So as Crawford sometimes need to take shots within the arc when his 3 isn't falling, JJ needs to try to get into the short midrange area, when his long midrange game isn't going. His overall FG% after the all-star break hasn't suffered much, due to the fact that he is getting in the paint, when the 20 footer isn't falling.

JJ, when he has the advantage, simply needs to keep attacking and not settling for the long jumper.

• Premium Member

I like Joe fine for what he is. He just isn't this mega superstar that we must break the bank on to re-sign.

but at the same time the criticism he gets from the media (Bob and Nique) and some the the fans is completely unfair. He's been the most consistent player throughout. He's not pulling a Josh Smith by playing hard when he has something to prove. No! He comes out and earns his cheddar every night and I respect that.

I like Joe fine for what he is. He just isn't this mega superstar that we must break the bank on to re-sign.

man i agree with you like i said i wouldnt mind givjing joe 17 a yr. right now but i would give him a take it or leave it opption and if he walks on that i have to build the team around horford and smoove because i recently seen a lot of players i could give that money too before joe, their are some rookiesthat fill the basket up on a more consistant basis like curry and the guy from oaklahama city.durant

• Like 1