• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Life Without JJ

Wurider05

Now with JJ possibly on his way out. I think that we can make a few changes that will benefit our team. I say the we keep our core as Crawford-MArv-Smith-Horford. What we need to do is add a true point guard by any means necessary. We can not wait on Teague if we want to remain in contention. JJ's production can be matched by increased production. I really believe that Marv-Horf-Smith will be much much better without JJ hogging the ball.

With that being said I also believe that if Woody stays and we go Iso-Crawford that is an upgrade over JJ because Crawford will take the ball to the hole and get to the line. He also seems to look to pass more than JJ.

1. Get a floor general (Teague maybe ready who knows, but Bibby has no future with us) We will have some free agent money if JJ walks. We won't be major players but we might be able to do a few things.

2. Reign in Crawford

3. tighten up the bench

We can and will win over 50 games next year.

Available pgs:

TJ Ford

Chris Duhon

Now with JJ possibly on his way out. I think that we can make a few changes that will benefit our team. I say the we keep our core as Crawford-MArv-Smith-Horford. What we need to do is add a true point guard by any means necessary. We can not wait on Teague if we want to remain in contention. JJ's production can be matched by increased production. I really believe that Marv-Horf-Smith will be much much better without JJ hogging the ball.

With that being said I also believe that if Woody stays and we go Iso-Crawford that is an upgrade over JJ because Crawford will take the ball to the hole and get to the line. He also seems to look to pass more than JJ.

1. Get a floor general (Teague maybe ready who knows, but Bibby has no future with us) We will have some free agent money if JJ walks. We won't be major players but we might be able to do a few things.

2. Reign in Crawford

3. tighten up the bench

We can and will win over 50 games next year.

Available pgs:

TJ Ford

Chris Duhon

I dont know man I kinda think we need johnson more than what people on this forum thinks but even if we keep jj i totally agree with u on the pg change wheather johnson says or goes. an im liken that t.j. ford option not sure about duhon though!

I think teague has devloped nicely in the time hes been given this year. No telling how much hell develop over the summer. Theres a major leap in NBA players from year 1 to year 2 to year 3.

I say make teague starter next year, or at least give him heavy minutes, equal or more than bibby. Sure they'll probaly be a learning curve the frist few monts but i like what i see in teague so far.

Edited by fmaster

Tj Ford- Craw- Marvin-Smoove-Horf

Bibby, Zaza...and 3 other guys that we can sign.

Thats a 50 win team..IF, and only IF Marvin does what I think he can do, and take that next step. Smoove and Horf are there already.

This. Firing Woody is the solution.

No. Hiring Mike Woodson and hiring...Larry Brown for instance wouldn't be crap. We need a coach that has a playbook on offense. In the NBA, thats really hard to come by, but I've been screaming Avery Johnson since 07-08.

I think we are going to have a lot of problems without JJ, and here is why. No one on this team besides JJ is capable of taking on double and triple teams night in and night out and still remain effective. Crawford can take on this role in spurts, but not consistently. Smoove is not the type of player who could take on this role. Marvin doesn't have the attitude. Woodson doesn't have a clue. Time to rebuild.

Joe Johnson stats the past 3 seasons average

21.5 ppg

5.4 apg

4.5 rpg

at 39 minutes/game and 18.2 shot attempts per game.

Calibrated numbers(18 shot attempts) for young/current/replacement players(give or take half a point)

Josh

22 ppg

Horford

22.5 ppg

Williams

20 ppg

Crawford

22 ppg

CJ Watson

23 ppg

Anthony Morrow

20.5 ppg

Not advocating none of these guys to actually put up 18 shots a game but as you can see Johnson's average aren't that impressive because he doesn't go to the line enough. Even Williams on a bad year can get you 20ppg with Joe's attempts.

As a matter of fact, I would love for someone to post the amount of free throws Joe gets by the way of technicals/illegal defense. I'm betting he averages at least 1 or 2 a game that helps his ppg a smidge.

I think we are going to have a lot of problems without JJ, and here is why. No one on this team besides JJ is capable of taking on double and triple teams night in and night out and still remain effective.

They would move the ball more and wouldn't get too many double and triple teams. Our bigs(6'9 above's) are unselfish and Crawford is a more capable passer. We move the ball and play team defense(rebounds included), we win!! Plus players like "Marvin" are holding back to blend in with so much talent the way Smoove and Horford have been doing a couple years back. Find your place and play team ball. If that means stepping it up when a piece is missing/needed, step it up!! That's why our chemistry is better than most when you compare to teams that look good on paper we defer to others to fit/play our roles. Knowing and playing your roles is the key to success doing any job.

Crawford can take on this role in spurts, but not consistently. Smoove is not the type of player who could take on this role. Marvin doesn't have the attitude. Woodson doesn't have a clue. Time to rebuild.

We don't need a player with JJ role in past years any more. Maybe in spurts or certain key situations but not full time. Our young players are growing up, meshing together great and getting better with time. We have our own All star team when everybody is at their best but everybody can't score 50 every night. I'm not one to push Joe out the door if he wants to be here but I'm not panicking if he leaves either. We have a versatile team to where every piece is important but if a piece is missing other people can step it up.

TIME TO REBUILD ARE YOU SERIOUS!! Are we watching the same Hawks.

The same team where most of their up and coming players are under 25.

The same team that has gotten better each year individually and overall.

Are we talking about those Hawks that are missing two or three pieces at the most (two in which we may already have in Teague and Chillz). Another being a JaVale McGee type big that can defend, rebound offensively and defensively and run the floor alongside our other bigs.

Edited by sillent

Without JJ we will need to sign a swingman to this roster, possibly even 2. Craw is still a combo gaurd, we need somebody who can be effective playing the 2gaurd for extended minutes and somebody we can place at the 3 in spot minutes. A player who can shoot to strech opposing D's and defend well on the perimeter. That is where JJ will be missed. I agree that our chemistry and ball movement would increase, but we still would have to replace the threat of a perimeter scorer.