• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tonight's game - NJ Nets

DJlaysitup

OK so the Nets are currently at 7 wins and 59 losses overall. At their place they are 3 and 28. Obviously we should expect a Hawks win and plenty of garbage time for our bench players. Anybody want to guess how much we beat them by? My guess is 16 points after our typical slow start on the road.

Lopez will get a few baskets early but we will wear them down. Sadly (for them) they are as far away from being a competitive NBA team as we were a few years back when we went 13-69.

If there ever was a game where Woody should give Teague extended minutes - this is it.

In the two games we have played them this year, we have won by 30 and 23...130-107 and 119-89. Both games were at home.

Teague averaged 20 MPG, 8 PPG, 3.5 Assists, 2 TOs, 1.5 Steals on 6/13 Shooting

Oddly enough, it was the last time Mo Evans started for us; Marvin was out with stomach problems. He proceeded to score 22 pts, 9 rebounds, on 8-13 FG and 4-4 from 3 downtown. His +7 was terrible due to our margin and it being the lowest out of all of the Hawks who played at least 9 minutes (8 players).

In both games, we greatly outrebounded the Nets while shooting a hot 55% from the field and a scorching 62% from 3 (24/38). We took a ton of threes and just didn't have much in the way of resistance.

I think we win by about 15 or so. It seems like we can't really blow teams out like we used to, so I will stick with 15.

You guys thinking this game is going to be a walk in the park . . . think again. This team has been very competitive lately.

2 pt loss @ OKC

6 pt loss @ MEM

8 pt loss @ HOU

9 pt loss @ DAL

beat BOS by 8

beat NYK by 20

I'd be shocked if we won by more than 15,to be honest.

Edited by northcyde

You guys thinking this game is going to be a walk in the park . . . think again. This team has been very competitive lately.

2 pt loss @ OKC

6 pt loss @ MEM

8 pt loss @ HOU

9 pt loss @ DAL

beat BOS by 8

beat NYK by 20

I'd be shocked if we won by more than 15,to be honest.

Yeah and having no Joe and possibly Bibby makes it even tougher.

• Premium Member

OK so the Nets are currently at 7 wins and 59 losses overall. At their place they are 3 and 28. Obviously we should expect a Hawks win and plenty of garbage time for our bench players. Anybody want to guess how much we beat them by? My guess is 16 points after our typical slow start on the road.

Lopez will get a few baskets early but we will wear them down. Sadly (for them) they are as far away from being a competitive NBA team as we were a few years back when we went 13-69.

If there ever was a game where Woody should give Teague extended minutes - this is it.

I still don't trust the matchup. Last year, they beat us twice. Lopez hasn't regressed that much, neither has Harris (although they may be coached to throw these games). I didn't think that Vince Carter was doing that much damage last year, but maybe he was?

If possible, this should be a good time to give Teague more minutes. I mean, Joe is out. It's against NJ. He can play against a PG who reminds us of him. It's a great time for learning.

I still don't trust the matchup. Last year, they beat us twice. Lopez hasn't regressed that much, neither has Harris (although they may be coached to throw these games). I didn't think that Vince Carter was doing that much damage last year, but maybe he was?

If possible, this should be a good time to give Teague more minutes. I mean, Joe is out. It's against NJ. He can play against a PG who reminds us of him. It's a great time for learning.

Do they even need to tank Recordwise

We will play without JJ. But the good thing is that we will play against the Nets, good chance for other guys to show what they can. I hope the Hawks will be prepared for this game and we will grab third W in a row.

"I've always said when somebody goes down it gives somebody else a chance to step up and play," coach Mike Woodson said. "That's why I tell guys they've always got to be ready."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65379/20100316/achilles_will_keep_joe_johnson_out/#ixzz0iMBS4SaB

Teague.......here is your chance to show Woody, and everyone else, that your ready to perform under the bright lights !!!

Edited by coachx

That is pure blasphemy. We will have our hands full again with Brook. He dropped 19 and 12 in one of those games against us. It is up to our bigs to help contain that guy.

Remember he missed all of those lay ins 5 ft from the basket?