• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jeff Teague gets his FIRST START!

HawksFan87

7-12 and 15 pts in the 2nd quarter.

But only after looking like hot garbage and going 0-5 in the beginning when you made that original post...

I am glad he has turned it around. I told Dad, "Don't fan him...keep him away from air. That dude is combustible!"

But only after looking like hot garbage and going 0-5 in the beginning when you made that original post...

I am glad he has turned it around. I told Dad, "Don't fan him...keep him away from air. That dude is combustible!"

Oh well I didn't know you guys were basing his all-star status after his 1st 5 minutes on the court in tonight's game. I try to be a little more fair than that and I was using his season.

Since when does missing shots mean you look like hot garbage ? Missing shots you normally make doesnt make you look like hot garbage .With the types of looks the Nets were giving him it was only a matter of time . That goes for any good offensive player .

Crank, I was referring to how he looked on the court...not just him missing shots.

And Hawk, I was referring to how you said, "Teague looks like he doesn't belong in the NBA and Crawford looks like an All-Star." At that point in the game, Teague was indeed struggling while Crawford wasn't doing much better.

Of course, Crawford's season body of work suggest all-star caliber play.

Crank, I was referring to how he looked on the court...not just him missing shots.

And Hawk, I was referring to how you said, "Teague looks like he doesn't belong in the NBA and Crawford looks like an All-Star." At that point in the game, Teague was indeed struggling while Crawford wasn't doing much better.

Of course, Crawford's season body of work suggest all-star caliber play.

I actually said that at 6:25 which was over an hour before the game started. Check the post time.

• Premium Member

I was very disappointed with Teague tonight. However, this is definitely a learning experience. His nerves showed. HIs inexperience showed. Even Fratello started talking about him not looking ready to be heir apparent to Bibby. Still, I have some hope that he can get better.

I was very disappointed with Teague tonight. However, this is definitely a learning experience. His nerves showed. HIs inexperience showed. Even Fratello started talking about him not looking ready to be heir apparent to Bibby. Still, I have some hope that he can get better.

He isn't ready. Most of the blame is on Woody.

• Premium Member

Well, at one point, he looked like he just wanted to commit another foul so that he can go back to the bench.

However, in garbage time, he played a lot better than he did in the 1st.

I mean, damn, did he just loose the ball out of bounds trying to cross over?

I was disappointed as well, but he didnt play PG much at all during his time on the court. His jumper is still way off, and if he ever develops one (and/or a consistent floater) he could be at the very least decent. He can blow by anybody on the court, but he needs to play with maturity and control while displaying the ability to finish at the rim and shoot a jumper. Part of that will come with experience, part of that will come with working on his craft. However, the latter will lead to the former...so it is very much up to him.

But please Woodson, STOP PLAYING HIM OFF THE BALL!

Edited by TheTruth

• Premium Member

I was disappointed as well, but he didnt play PG much at all during his time on the court. His jumper is still way off, and if he ever develops one (and/or a consistent floater) he could be at the very least decent. He can blow by anybody on the court, but he needs to play with maturity and control while displaying the ability to finish at the rim and shoot a jumper. Part of that will come with experience, part of that will come with working on his craft. However, the latter will lead to the former...so it is very much up to him.

Yeah. That off ball crap was making me mad too. I mean, he doesn't have the shot to be off ball. The defense just took one step back and waited for him to make a mistake.

Teague will play 18 minutes tonight . . . so under.

LOL @ Woody throwing everyone a curve, and going with the Bibby - Teague combo. The "I can always sub early" line was claSsic. That's exactly what he'll do, if we struggle early.

I say Teague goes 2 - 6 FG . . . 2 - 2 FT . . . 6 pts - 3 asst - 2 rebs - 1 stl - 1 to . . . in 18 min

It is what it is.

Unfortunately, I was damn near on the money.

Some of you simply need to take the blinders off when concerning Teague, and look at how he actually plays. Not how he could potentially play. The dude isn't ready folks. So it's no need to rush his development.

After years of going through this with Shelden, Acie, Salim, and to a certain extent Marvin, it's time for all of us to stop talking about the potential of a player who simply can't consistently produce.

Having said that, I hope Woody gives Teague a chance to redeem himself tomorrow night. But I'd completely understand if he didn't.

• Premium Member

A couple dumb fouls and he still has no clue of what it takes to run an offense.

Teague is horrible as the 4th option on offense so people want to see Woodson play him more as the first option on offense? Thats what garbage time and summer league are for.

LOL the Strawman King is back.

Please point out where anyone said they want to see Teague as the first option on offense.

Edited by exodus

• Premium Member

I put most of the blame on him (51%) since he is a grown man getting paid millions to play a child's game. Too easy to blame everything on Woodrow. At some point the player/person has to recognize their deficiencies and overcome them. It's basketball not rocket science. He should be able to get better off of initiative alone.

That's what we do in the real world. I don't expect my boss to teach me jack. No! He tells me what he wants and it's up to me to get off by butt to learn how to accomplish what he wants done.

No reason dude should look this bad even with his limited playing time.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Please point out where anyone said they want to see Teague as the first option on offense.

uhhh....

Thats what it means when someone is playing on the ball in the offense. When you have the ball in your hands then you are the first option on offense. People want to run the offense through a guy on the floor who is a pretty terrible offensive player. I just don't get it.

Edited by spotatl

uhhh....

Thats what it means when someone is playing on the ball in the offense. When you have the ball in your hands then you are the first option on offense. People want to run the offense through a guy on the floor who is a pretty terrible offensive player. I just don't get it.

So Rondo was Boston's 1st option on offense when they won the title?