• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jeff Teague gets his FIRST START!

HawksFan87

Uhhh... Rondo played off the ball a ton. He has played on the ball far more than past 2 years. And I think that Boston is better off when the Offense runs through Paul Pierce rather than Rondo.

You didn't answer the question. Suprise, surprise. So are you trying to say Rondo has been their first option for the last two years? I won't hold my breath for an answer.

Rondo was the one who led the fast break when they won the title. He was the one who brought the ball up and initiated the offense. he played the role of pg. He also averaged only 10 ppg.

Just because someone plays the point doesn't mean they are the first option on offense. That is just a joke, just like it is a joke to take play Teague in the role of spot up shooter.

Edited by exodus

Teague did not look good last night. I am not sure why, but he stopped doing what he does best, which is PENETRATE and USE HIS QUICKNESS.

That is what gives him value and if he decides to play passively like he did last night, then he has very little value out there. He also seemed content

to pass off to Bibby and go hide in the corner. When he is out there he is th POINT GUARD, so play like one! He needs to take charge and show he

can handle himself out there or he won't get more playing time. It's as simple as that. You can blame some of it on lack of playing time and maybe

Woody doesn't show enough confidence in him and it rubs off, but Teague has to step it up if he want to be our PG of the future. Thats the fact.

Teague did not look good last night. I am not sure why, but he stopped doing what he does best, which is PENETRATE and USE HIS QUICKNESS.

That is what gives him value and if he decides to play passively like he did last night, then he has very little value out there. He also seemed content

to pass off to Bibby and go hide in the corner. When he is out there he is th POINT GUARD, so play like one! He needs to take charge and show he

can handle himself out there or he won't get more playing time. It's as simple as that. You can blame some of it on lack of playing time and maybe

Woody doesn't show enough confidence in him and it rubs off, but Teague has to step it up if he want to be our PG of the future. Thats the fact.

In order to penetrate you have to have the ball. When Bibby was in the game with him Bibby played the point. Woody was playing Teague at the 2.

• Moderators

Seemed like Teague was just trying not to screw up on offense which is what we saw a lot of from Acie. I didn't think he played that bad. The guys hasn't logged that many minutes in the nba and his defense looked pretty good. Give him these same minutes 3 games in a row i think we'll see huge improvement. Not being able to shoot is a problem though in our offense. That's why we can't just run the same offense that Bibby runs with Teague in the game. They have different skill sets.

• Moderators

You didn't answer the question. Suprise, surprise. So are you trying to say Rondo has been their first option for the last two years? I won't hold my breath for an answer.

Rondo was the one who led the fast break when they won the title. He was the one who brought the ball up and initiated the offense. he played the role of pg. He also averaged only 10 ppg.

Just because someone plays the point doesn't mean they are the first option on offense. That is just a joke, just like it is a joke to take play Teague in the role of spot up shooter.

Guys like Rajon Rondo and Jason Kidd have always been the first options on offense for their team. Both would also excel in off the ball roles where they were not initiating the offense. It is about knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your personnel and putting them in the position to succeed. Clearly, these guys are first options on offense.

• Premium Member

In order to penetrate you have to have the ball. When Bibby was in the game with him Bibby played the point. Woody was playing Teague at the 2.

still scratching my head at that move. Is Woody's ultimate goal to make Teague a combo guard????

Guys like Rajon Rondo and Jason Kidd have always been the first options on offense for their team. Both would also excel in off the ball roles where they were not initiating the offense. It is about knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your personnel and putting them in the position to succeed. Clearly, these guys are first options on offense.

You can't be serious. Just because someone is a point guard doens't mean they are the first option. Rondo averaged 10 ppg when they won the title. No way was he the first option on offense.

Just because you are the first one to touch the ball doesn't make you the first option. If that was the case Shaq/Kareem/Wilt have never been first options on offense.

He isn't ready. Most of the blame is on Woody.

Its not Woody's fault that Teague can't play.

When Collison got his oppurtunity he shined. Teague did not and that is the bottome line. They said Teague just had 2 really good practices and earned the start. Who was he going against ? Bibby ?

I don't know why he had any nerves. There was no one even at the game. It was like a pick up game.

Sigh...........I guess we will be looking at PG AGAIN in this draft. This year please scout guys with REAL PG SKILLS. Not athletes with little to no PG skills. Average form on a their jump shot would be nice too.

I liked Teague's "up side" last year but also saw Collison's defense as the perfect "yin" to Bibby's "yang." I did not mind the "up side" pick at the time. Well, Teague is 2 years younger the Collison so it ain't over yet.

He dominated summer league with his scoring ability. If we loose JJ in the off season then Crawford will start and we will need Teague's scoring off the bench. The kid is a natural scorer but is being asked to be a facilitator which is not natural to him. That is not Woody's fault.........that is just how this team is contructed with 5 or 6 better scorers then Teague.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

You can't be serious. Just because someone is a point guard doens't mean they are the first option. Rondo averaged 10 ppg when they won the title. No way was he the first option on offense.

Just because you are the first one to touch the ball doesn't make you the first option. If that was the case Shaq/Kareem/Wilt have never been first options on offense.

Please add to my previous post "/sarcasm"

Anyone who thinks Rajon Rondo or Jason Kidd are "first options" on offense...well, I'll just say they aren't using that term the way it is used by the rest of the basketball world.

Edited by AHF

Please add to my previous post "/sarcasm"

Anyone who thinks Rajon Rondo or Jason Kidd are "first options" on offense...well, I'll just say they aren't using that term the way it is used by the rest of the basketball world.

OK you got me. That post was so off the wall i had to double check that it was you that posted it. lol

Edited by exodus

• Premium Member

When Collison got his oppurtunity he shined. Teague did not and that is the bottome line.

that's it. You can blame Woody for the lack of PT but you cannot blame Woody for Teague's lack of professionalism. There is no excuse for a player not being ready when it's his time to shine.

• Moderators

OK you got me. I thought that was your Kentucky homerism coming out. :white flag:

Don't get me wrong. I love Rondo. I just don't call him a first option anymore than I'd call Kidd one.

When Collison got his oppurtunity he shined. Teague did not and that is the bottome line. They said Teague just had 2 really good practices and earned the start. Who was he going against ? Bibby ?

I don't know why he had any nerves. There was no one even at the game. It was like a pick up game.

Sigh...........I guess we will be looking at PG AGAIN in this draft. This year please scout guys with REAL PG SKILLS. Not athletes with little to no PG skills. Average form on a their jump shot would be nice too.

I liked Teague's "potential" last year but also saw Collison's defene as the perfect "yin" to Bibby's "yang." I did not mind the up side pick at the time. Well, Teague is 2 years younger the Collison so it ain't over yet.

Seriously why do the Hawks keep drafting guys with unorthodox jumpers? It isn't like there is a shortage of guys who shoot normally. Acie shoots a knuckleball. Teague and Childress shoot from their chin. WTF

• Premium Member

Seriously why do the Hawks keep drafting guys with unorthodox jumpers? It isn't like there is a shortage of guys who shoot normally. Acie shoots a knuckleball. Teague and Childress shoot from their chin. WTF

it's because Woody prefers these 'shoot-1st' PGs...too bad none of them have been able to shoot

it's because Woody prefers these 'shoot-1st' PGs...too bad none of them have been able to shoot

We should get Joakim Noah and move him to the point. He seems to have that shooting style that our organization likes :)

Edited by JackB1

• Premium Member

uhhh....

Thats what it means when someone is playing on the ball in the offense. When you have the ball in your hands then you are the first option on offense. People want to run the offense through a guy on the floor who is a pretty terrible offensive player. I just don't get it.

WHAT??!?!?!

The team's goto guy is the first option. Not the PG. The PG usually is the facilitator.

Wanting Teague to be the facilitator is reasonable because he's not a shooter like Bibby.