• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kobe's injury vs. JJ's injury: Which team will benefit more from absence?

hawks21

J.J.'s absence may be a blessing in disguise, because it provides ANOTHER opportunity for Marvin to step up at the small forward position and have more of an meaningful impact on game(s)--especially against playoff calibur teams. I wish Marvin is able to come close to duplicating the success he had in that ONE Houston game in which he played like an All-Star that night. The opportunities are there for Marvin, but will he step up?

Kobe, just like JJ, are dependable performers who rarely get injured. Kobe has a better supporting cast, but he had tried to challenge his teammates publicly and last year it work and it helped them during last year's championship run.

Jamal Crawford is not likely to score 28 a game, so on-court production and leadership has to come from other places.

Also back-up Maurice Evans has been in a season-long funk coming off the bench; however when Evans is able to shoot the three pointer, and make multiple outside shots, it bodes well for the Hawks in terms of confidence and the teammates are more likely to move the ball around with assurance that the open man will hit the shot.

The Toronto game without JJ will be interesting and with the Raptors as a potential playoff foe, how will Marvin, Mo and Teague perform on the road againsta playoff calibur team?

Jeff Teague getting an opportunity to get 18 to 20 minutes is needed. For better or worse, he has to be exposed to game situations, and be able to gain experience. There is no other way.

I hope JJ doesn't leave the Hawks, but Teague is the future (for now) and if JJ signs with another team, there will be a leadership void and Teague would be one of the candidates to fill it.

I believe one of the directives from Sund is to DEVELOP TEAGUE. Woodson's job depend on it. If he is unable or unwilling to develop rookies, Woodson's value on this team moving forward decreases dramatically. Woodson has been able to hang his hat on each Hawks team being a little better than the previous team (record-wise), but at some point Mike Bibby is going to break down whether this year, during the playoffs or in the near future. So teague needs to receive meaningful minutes NOW against playoff teams, and learn from his mistakes.

The Spurs' George Hill, the Hornets' Darren Collison or the Bucks' Brandon Jennings are examples of young point guards on winning teams gaining experience. Teague is behind in development because of Woodson, and it's time to see what this young guy can do, and if Woodson is unable to do it, Woody won't be coaching the Hawks next season.

Edited by hawks21

You guys are going to lose your minds about this Teague thing. Be honest with yourselves. Is this dude a baller or not? That's all you have to ask yourselves. Forget potential . . or development. Honestly ask yourself if he's a baller.

How many times we as a fan base have to go through this about a player who just isn't that good?

- Salim

- Shelden

- Acie

- Teague?

Some of you act like it's Woody's fault that the guy is currently shooting 37% FG. Like it's Woody's fault that he can't make a lay-up in traffic . . or make a wide open 18 footer . . or gets lost on defense when his man doesn't have the ball.

I admit that I fell for the okey-doke with Salim and Acie. I refuse to do that again.