• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Props to the front court for giving Hawks a chance to win

coachx

No credit given on this yet so I thought I should give props when they are do.

After being out rebounded 7-2 in the last 4:45 vs. the Raptos I'm sure Woody's message was quite clear to our front court. Rebound the f'n basketball and do your job.

Well, tonight Marvin, Smoove, and Horford all had at least 12 rebounds, had double / doubles, and shot over 50%.

Sure Crawford played great and JJ hit the clutch shot but the front court put us in position to win this low scoring game. About time they start rebounding the basketball.

"This sh*t work !" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If this is indeed our 1st round matchup we could ill afford to give them any mental condifence in our house !

Edited by coachx

Crawford played great? JJ ended up shooting better than he did. Craw was 5 - 18 ( missed 10 of his last 13 shots ).

But you're right about the frontcourt. Their rebounding was huge ( other than the one extra possession they gave up late in the game ). That's what they're going to have to do in the playoffs, especially against the bigger frontlines. Marvin grabbed 6 offensive boards tonight ( 14 total ). Being that "energy guy" is how he could really help our team in the postseason. I just wished he'd embrace that role on a nightly basis.

Smith actually didn't get his first defensive rebound until the second half. he played well offensively but threw way too many careless passes. 6 turnovers...ugh

The big significance of the dunk on Diaw, at least to me, is that Smith went right. Teams are overplaying his left hand in the post and he has yet to effectively counter it. Facing up and going right could be a solution. His left handed hook has been his go to shot down low but he hasn't been able to use it that much for the last couple of months because teams are forcing him away from it.