• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

guess who i saw in a Phantom today?

Brotha2ThaNite

I was driving on i20 heading to my son's place at Emory. That's when this black phantom shows up in my review mirror. I notice as it changes lane someone on the passager side had on a Hawks hat. I caught up with them as they go to get off the highway.... and it was our coach Woody driving. LOL

It was a brand new Phantom with the temp tag on it. He may not be the best coach but he sure knows how to look good doing it LMBO!

PS if you see typos I'm at a gas station typing this on my G1 phone

This actually reminds me of the OTL piece today on Antoine Walker a little bit. Why do athletes (hell even coaches) spend ridiculous amounts of money on pointless things? I know Antoine is more in trouble because of gambling and being a crappy landlord, but wasteful spending is the issue I am targeting.

It also reminds me of what Jeff Teague did after he was drafted. He went out and bought a Dodge Charger, saying he didn't need a real fancy car or anything like that. Now thats someone with their head on straight, realizing that the majority of his career earnings will be made in the next 10 years and to not foolishly assume that making millions of dollars per year will continue throughout your life. Its remarkable to see a rookie understand consumption smoothing, must be that ACC education.

I remember when Benzes and Beamers were more than enough to signify that you've "made it" at about 50-70 grand. Now $300,000 is the starting point. Must be nice.

In general, they still are. Being a NBA head coach is like being a corporate executive. They do not have the same standards as most Americans.

This actually reminds me of the OTL piece today on Antoine Walker a little bit. Why do athletes (hell even coaches) spend ridiculous amounts of money on pointless things? I know Antoine is more in trouble because of gambling and being a crappy landlord, but wasteful spending is the issue I am targeting.

It also reminds me of what Jeff Teague did after he was drafted. He went out and bought a Dodge Charger, saying he didn't need a real fancy car or anything like that. Now thats someone with their head on straight, realizing that the majority of his career earnings will be made in the next 10 years and to not foolishly assume that making millions of dollars per year will continue throughout your life. Its remarkable to see a rookie understand consumption smoothing, must be that ACC education.

Brandon Jennings as well, I think former players are telling players what the real world really is. Former players are really helping the young guys and the young guys are actually listening.

• Premium Member

Does Woody already have a contract extension?

remember Woody played in the NBA. Dude probably turned that old NBA money into a fortune.